aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salam everyone... I just wanted to know if anyone is waiting for an interview date from Islamabad. Im a United states citizen and i filed a petition for my husband in DEC 2005.. his case was recieved by the Islamabad consulate jan 10,2007. My husband submitted his "packet 3.5" on feb 15... through the American express and they told him they would call him within 3 weeks.. and hello its almost 3 weeks and still nothing.. i called them and they said "The embassy is very busy and we MIGHT recieve a letter from them MID march"... I e-mailed the embassy and asked when we can expect an interview date..... they e-mailed me back and said "we recieved your packet 3.5, you can expect an interview in JUNE..."!!!! JUNE!!!!! I MEAN COME ON..... IS THIS NORMAL????????? IS IT NORMAL TO WAIT THIS LONG FOR AN IR1 INTERVIEW DATE???!!! ITS LIKE 4 MONTHSSSSSS.. and who knows maybe MORE!!???? ANYONE IF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS PLSSSS HELP MEEEEEE... I havnt seen my husband for 1 1/2 years.. we have a 11 month old daughter... she will will be ONE in march.. i thought he would be here by her birthday..!!! the embassy says ONCE U SUBMIT PACKET 3.5 WE WILL SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW DATE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WORKING BUSINESS DAYS!!!!! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE... im about to go crazy...

Walikum Salam,

I married my husband in Dec 2004 and I am USC. Filed CR1 in January 2005 and then he got his interview in Dec 2005 and was put on AP and did not get his visa ajudicated until May 2006. This is about the normal timeline coming from Islamabad.

Hang in there and pray for patience.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi XStrangerX2007,

it takes about time to get the interview date. for my wife's case, she sent the 3.5 packet back in july and she got contacted in mid august i think and they scheduled the interview for december 13. her interview went well but now her case is on AP which can take a long time. im still waiting for my wife's visa. inshallah soon guys.

does anyone know how long can it take for a female to get her security clearance completed?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi ALL,

My fiance got his interview date after 02 months since he send the packet 3.5 and yes embassy is taking a hell of time to give the interview date so keep your finger cross hope your turn come too. I know its so frustating to wait but the longer wait still had to come when your husband be put on AR so hope for the best

Anisa,

Timeline
Salam everyone... I just wanted to know if anyone is waiting for an interview date from Islamabad. Im a United states citizen and i filed a petition for my husband in DEC 2005.. his case was recieved by the Islamabad consulate jan 10,2007. My husband submitted his "packet 3.5" on feb 15... through the American express and they told him they would call him within 3 weeks.. and hello its almost 3 weeks and still nothing.. i called them and they said "The embassy is very busy and we MIGHT recieve a letter from them MID march"... I e-mailed the embassy and asked when we can expect an interview date..... they e-mailed me back and said "we recieved your packet 3.5, you can expect an interview in JUNE..."!!!! JUNE!!!!! I MEAN COME ON..... IS THIS NORMAL????????? IS IT NORMAL TO WAIT THIS LONG FOR AN IR1 INTERVIEW DATE???!!! ITS LIKE 4 MONTHSSSSSS.. and who knows maybe MORE!!???? ANYONE IF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS PLSSSS HELP MEEEEEE... I havnt seen my husband for 1 1/2 years.. we have a 11 month old daughter... she will will be ONE in march.. i thought he would be here by her birthday..!!! the embassy says ONCE U SUBMIT PACKET 3.5 WE WILL SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW DATE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WORKING BUSINESS DAYS!!!!! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE... im about to go crazy...

W/Salaam,

I sent packet 3.5 to US embassy Islamabad in November 13th and after that i was just calling and emailing them to ask my interview date, they were replying, less staff or busy these days i think due to Xmas and new year. I receive packet 4 18th January and the interview is on 26th April :wacko: . After that my wife sent email to embassy if it will possible to scheduled interview earlier but they replied it is not possible.

So be patience and wait and next step will be AP/AR, God knows how much time it will also take.

Thanks

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salamz again...Thanksss so much you guys.. FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES.. they were very helpful....OMG... i am so confused now... there is NO END to this misery... WHAT IS AR/AP?? I thought the interview was the LAST step... more and more just seem to pop up... can anyone tell me what is AR/AP???? why do they take SOOOOOOO long.. this should be the easy process.. now it seems its the hardest....

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Filed: Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
Salamz again...Thanksss so much you guys.. FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES.. they were very helpful....OMG... i am so confused now... there is NO END to this misery... WHAT IS AR/AP?? I thought the interview was the LAST step... more and more just seem to pop up... can anyone tell me what is AR/AP???? why do they take SOOOOOOO long.. this should be the easy process.. now it seems its the hardest....

AP or AR is administrative processing or administrative review... that's like a FBI name check and background type of search to ensure that your documents aren't fraudulent. Right now my girlfriend in Tashkent and goodness only knows how long that it will take.

Hers need to be moving fast because the deadline of Sept. 30 for DV winners is coming up quickly.

[

i have just read few last posts and i am just making a guide for all of us about guessing VISA issuance process/tie

Sadeeh--------------------submitted on Jan 16 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

My freind (a non VJ) -----submitted on Jan 31 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

Javeed--------------------submitted on Feb 5 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Dude(yself)---------------submitted on Feb 12 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Has anyone from the above got the visa yet?

I’m curious as I am about to resubmit my passport along with new (the old one got expired, thanks to long AP/AR wait) medical and police reports.

Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had k3 interview today at islamad embassy. Everything went very well they did not ask her anything. Just looked at her financial paper i submitted thats about. They told her she is approved and will get passport within 5 business days.

Thank you all and hopefully everything will go well with others. I am here if anyone need any info from my side. I did not get full details yet from my wife but will update soon to everyone once I have something.

Take Care

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

Timeline

Congratualtions Takram and wishing her a swift journey home.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

W/Salaam,

I sent packet 3.5 to US embassy Islamabad in November 13th and after that i was just calling and emailing them to ask my interview date, they were replying, less staff or busy these days i think due to Xmas and new year. I receive packet 4 18th January and the interview is on 26th April :wacko: . After that my wife sent email to embassy if it will possible to scheduled interview earlier but they replied it is not possible.

So be patience and wait and next step will be AP/AR, God knows how much time it will also take.

Thanks

Most of Male between the age of 14 and 99 are going through AR process. AR means you'll get the visa, but we need to run your name/fingerprint/bckground check with the FBI in US to make sure you are not on US &hit List. This process could take anywhere from 1 month to 1 year. My brother was on it for almost 2 years. 1 year for US background check and 1 year for pakistan local investigation. And then my 1 cousin was on AR for 30 days. And my 1 cousin who came on Spouse visa didn't have to go through AR process at all. He was given visa on the same day of his first interview. So luck is also involved.

Don't hate the player, Hate the game

Peter Griffin: The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

Timeline

Hi All,

I'm happy to say that my wife finally got her interview date for CR1. It's on June 22. It seems like a long ways away, but I'm thankful that at least there is progress. The problem is that it states the following:

Appointment Date and Time: 22 JUN 2007, at 00:00

What's with the 00:00?? Is this normal? My wife and I are concerned that they obviously made a mistake, but if we mention it to them will they maybe move the date on us?

Thanks and good luck to all.

Yusef and Bushra

Timeline
Hi All,

I'm happy to say that my wife finally got her interview date for CR1. It's on June 22. It seems like a long ways away, but I'm thankful that at least there is progress. The problem is that it states the following:

What's with the 00:00?? Is this normal? My wife and I are concerned that they obviously made a mistake, but if we mention it to them will they maybe move the date on us?

Yusef and Bushra

I think you must call or email embassy to confirm the interview time.

Thanks

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline
Hi All,

Yusef and Bushra

I think you must call or email embassy to confirm the interview time.

Thanks

I agree with Zaki and you need to call or email them and confirm the time since the letter does not have a time listed. Good luck.

Mary

Timeline

That is weird, you should call the embassy...

My husband called me yesterday and told me that he recieved his interview letter, took about 2 1/2 weeks. His interview is on july 25 at 8 am. seems a LONG way off...

Is islamabad embassy known to change time of the interview if requested...?? i was thinking about going to visit my husband and go with him to the interview... do they allow that?? or is the applicant the only person allowed to be there??

~stranger~

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.