aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

oh and add to the confusion

we got an email from IV unit sayin that please wait only 3-4 more days when i said we need the passport urgently since my husband has to go for work related trip

but the consular officer at the immigration section was sayin completely something else..

donno what to think

May 31st, 2005- Submitted I-130

Dec 2nd, 2005- Received Packet 3.5

May 24th, 2006-Submitted Packet 3.5

June 1st,2006- Received Interview letter for November

August 15th, 2006- Date changed for interview to September 21,2006

September 21st, 2006-Interview and put on AR/AP

October 13th, 2006-I return to Pakistan

January 3rd, 2006-They said visa approved and took my hubby's passport-but no visa in sight :(

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
my daughter's husband got his visa from islamabad and will be in boston march 5- AR/AP took 6 months , interview was on Aug 1,2006

thank you all for support help and understanding

Julieyann and Raeesha this is great news, mashallah. May your family have a wonderful reunion.

Saeedeh I am so sorry to hear what the embassy told you and I truly can relate to the frustration of this processing. Try and stay strong and I am still praying for everyone on here and checking in daily or every other day for more success stories.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks Mary:)

And congrats JuileyAnn!

January 3rd, 2006-They said visa approved and took my hubby's passport-but no visa in sight :(

Timeline
my daughter's husband got his visa from islamabad and will be in boston march 5- AR/AP took 6 months , interview was on Aug 1,2006

thank you all for support help and understanding

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My EAD was approved by the USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, this is wierd. No emails from the USCIS. Just went into my portfolio, and it doesnt even say that I was approved. Just says card production was ordered! Me happy! Start to a wonderful day! lalalalala!

:) Congrats this was great to hear! Did you file your I-130 at the same time as the I-765? We did the same as we had to refile our I-130 as per our lawyer's advice.

It has been a long time since I've posted in this thread. I've been over in EAD/AOS. No progress or movement on anything whatsoever. sigh...

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Timeline
juileyann >> Congrats

Saeedeh >>is this hell no 2 after AP/AR?

sigh-hell yeah!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just got back from my medical test. Reach there at time 1100am and had to go detail medical blood chest x-ray height with weight and three injections injected for vaccination one on right arm then on left arm and one on wrist and then finally eye test and then doctor ask about my medical history it took a hell of time now looking forward for the interview. There also other people came for their medical as i was the second in turn so not got too much late and had to collect my reports on friday

Congrats julyn ann i dont know about their case but many congrajulations to them

Timeline
My wife calls me this morning, she has her passport with the visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!! Thank you all for your help!!!!

THATS GREAT CONGRATS :dance:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline
My wife calls me this morning, she has her passport with the visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!! Thank you all for your help!!!!

Congratulations!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

congrats mia

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

Salam everyone... I just wanted to know if anyone is waiting for an interview date from Islamabad. Im a United states citizen and i filed a petition for my husband in DEC 2005.. his case was recieved by the Islamabad consulate jan 10,2007. My husband submitted his "packet 3.5" on feb 15... through the American express and they told him they would call him within 3 weeks.. and hello its almost 3 weeks and still nothing.. i called them and they said "The embassy is very busy and we MIGHT recieve a letter from them MID march"... I e-mailed the embassy and asked when we can expect an interview date..... they e-mailed me back and said "we recieved your packet 3.5, you can expect an interview in JUNE..."!!!! JUNE!!!!! I MEAN COME ON..... IS THIS NORMAL????????? IS IT NORMAL TO WAIT THIS LONG FOR AN IR1 INTERVIEW DATE???!!! ITS LIKE 4 MONTHSSSSSS.. and who knows maybe MORE!!???? ANYONE IF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS PLSSSS HELP MEEEEEE... I havnt seen my husband for 1 1/2 years.. we have a 11 month old daughter... she will will be ONE in march.. i thought he would be here by her birthday..!!! the embassy says ONCE U SUBMIT PACKET 3.5 WE WILL SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW DATE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WORKING BUSINESS DAYS!!!!! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE... im about to go crazy...

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.