Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Congrats Shon!

I am very happy for both of you please do remember us in your prayers.

8 1/2 months of AP now.

I will pray for you and all the others that have been waiting. I now it seems endless that your case will be approved and over with. please never ever lose hope. rember me and bingo have been waiting 2 years. I dont think anyones case is as complexed as ours. gods hand touched our case and I am sure gods hand will touch each one of your cases. some how you must find peace - because, your day is comming so soon. if you all have noticed. there are alot more approvals comming from ISL. before there was a DRY spell where they were not approving nothing, lately seems like the latest checks are taking 3-6 months.

my advise to each one of you is to CALL DOS. ask them this.

" what is the status of my case "

" is my case in the correct order? "

" is my case processing smoothly? "

"is there any movement on my case "

most of the time you will hear " admin processing"

dont stress. they wont order security checks UNLESS they are confident your case is valid for approval.

Finally my wife is schedule for k3 interview on March 6th. Hopefully everything will go well for her. any advice and suggestions? Looking forward ot hear from others with realtime experience.

Thanks All

GOOD LUCK. I pray she dont get AP. seemingly ladies are getting this now.

if you are able to go to interview with her please do so..:)

shon.gif

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Congrats Shon!

8 1/2 months of AP now.

I will pray for you and all the others that have been waiting. I now it seems endless that your case will be approved and over with. please never ever lose hope. rember me and bingo have been waiting 2 years. I dont think anyones case is as complexed as ours. gods hand touched our case and I am sure gods hand will touch each one of your cases. some how you must find peace - because, your day is comming so soon. if you all have noticed. there are alot more approvals comming from ISL. before there was a DRY spell where they were not approving nothing, lately seems like the latest checks are taking 3-6 months.

dont stress. they wont order security checks UNLESS they are confident your case is valid for approval.

Finally my wife is schedule for k3 interview on March 6th. Hopefully everything will go well for her. any advice and suggestions? Looking forward ot hear from others with realtime experience.

Thanks All

Well I hope my wife does not, as she has already interview and they wanted my 2006 taxes, I just filed and mail her returns and other supporting documents again just incase. They told her she was approved just needed to provide 2006 taxes. Man I hope to God we are not looking at AP, I also attended the interview with her.

Congrats Shon!

8 1/2 months of AP now.

Thanks All

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey SHON YOU SAID IF YOU CAN GO TO THE INTERVIEW PLEASE DO, I HAVE A SAME QUESTION MY WIFES INTERVIEW IS ON APRIL 25TH CR1 I AM

REALLY SCARED THAT SHE WILL GET AP IF I GO WITH HER WOULD IT HELP ALOT, PLEASE REPLY.

Hi,

My interview is on April 26th IR1. Unfortunately my wife will not accompany me. I am sure i will caught in AP/AR as almost all pakistani met subject to AP/AR. :blink:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey SHON YOU SAID IF YOU CAN GO TO THE INTERVIEW PLEASE DO, I HAVE A SAME QUESTION MY WIFES INTERVIEW IS ON APRIL 25TH CR1 I AM

REALLY SCARED THAT SHE WILL GET AP IF I GO WITH HER WOULD IT HELP ALOT, PLEASE REPLY.

Hi,

My interview is on April 26th IR1. Unfortunately my wife will not accompany me. I am sure i will caught in AP/AR as almost all pakistani men subject to AP/AR. :blink:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline

You can go! I went with my wife, I just had to show them my US passport! The only thing is they may just let you stand in the booth while they interview your wife! But I went to the window just to show the interviewer I am here.

I dont know if it helps with AR or AP or not but I felt my showing would at least show that I exist at the far least.

Edited by miansahib

Timeline

I have one question though, will an offer letter for my job constitute as a job letter? I also added a letter from HR stating I am in good standing and such with the company.

Of course they did not say anything about it at interview as I had submitted those, they asked for my 2006 tax transcripts but I sent the returns and added all of my support documentation again just incase.

Edited by miansahib

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all,

I've been reading this post for quite some time and thought I'd ask a few questions....

I'm a U.S. citizen currently waiting on my wife's I-130. The NVC sent the physical copy on Jan. 4,2007. We are currently waiting for it to be matched with the electronic copy and then have packet 3.5 sent to my wife.

When I email them I usually get a form letter saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Our records indicate that we did receive your case electronically but haven't received the physical file yet. You are therefore requested to contact our office after 2 weeks"

Then a week ago I got an email saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We did receive the case file but due to current workload and staffing levels we are unable to review the file and mail the packet 3.5 to the applicant. It is hereby requested to contact our office after 1 week from now in order to obtain the further update on the case."

So I replied to them yesterday and now they are once again saying that they haven't received the physical copy! This is getting very frustrating and I'm getting conflicting messages from them. My wife tries to call them every day from Pakistan and the phone just rings and rings.

So my question to everyone is how long does it usually take from the time the NVC sends the I-130 packet to the embassy for them to send out packet 3.5?

Also, does anyone have a guess as to when the interview might be?

Thanks! - Jeremy and Bushra Tentis

Jeremy!

It usually takes couple weeks to tranfer the file from the NVC to the embassy and from there it takes another 4-6 weeks to send out the packet due to the lazy dumbs sitting over there. You get the interview letter normally couple months earlier.

Calling the embassy is a waste and useless, they don't even know what they tells you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Media,

Do you mean we will get the interview letter a couple months later, or the interview date a couple months later? I thought that after sending packet 3.5 back, my wife would get the interview letter a few days later.

Timeline
Media,

Do you mean we will get the interview letter a couple months later, or the interview date a couple months later? I thought that after sending packet 3.5 back, my wife would get the interview letter a few days later.

When my wife's I-129f was approved and I-130, they forwarded the I-129 since I filed K-3 to Pakistan within 2 weeks max, she recieved her packet 1 and a half weeks later with her interview date as well in the same packet. So yes they are very random.

Filed: Timeline
I have one question though, will an offer letter for my job constitute as a job letter? I also added a letter from HR stating I am in good standing and such with the company.

Of course they did not say anything about it at interview as I had submitted those, they asked for my 2006 tax transcripts but I sent the returns and added all of my support documentation again just incase.

what is an offer letter? is this something saying you have a "PENDING" job but, not really employed?

look the point of the employment letter is to prove you can sponser your mate. if you have the assets and a job - thats all you need.

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.