aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

im not sure if you were joking or not about the 1908 thing...i mean, you really have to be joking right?

That is so sad that someone waited over 2 years, anyway...i clicked on the link you pasted but it took me to an error page....

of course not - dont you know 99% of all 90 year olds are skilled in logging on

the internet and surfiing. its a fact.

that's great, i didn't mean to be rude, i was just suprised to know that you are 90 and on such long AP

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

im not sure if you were joking or not about the 1908 thing...i mean, you really have to be joking right?

That is so sad that someone waited over 2 years, anyway...i clicked on the link you pasted but it took me to an error page....

that's great, i didn't mean to be rude, i was just suprised to know that you are 90 and on such long AP

:lol: take a joke .. I am not 90 .. course that would be funny 90 year old

trying to start a family with her husband :lol:

shon.gif

Hi

something weird happend..

I got a call from the USA STATE DEPARTMENT at 12:51 Pm

thought I would list this number coz, yall would not belive me.

202 861 0945 from " Jackie"

the message is " GOod after noon this is jackie in the visa office

I got a message about your husbands visa case. I did look up the case

and it is still pending SAO < security advisory Opinon > case number ISL #### blah blah

you can call DOS public inquiry number at blah blah blah. "

least I know its an SAO check .. :huh:

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shon that is weird but good news that it is still in SAO checks. Hope your are having a good week and hope you hear something soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Can someone plz give me advice on what i should do now that i have moved and my address has changed? my husband interview is october 6th. Thanks alot for your help.

Leona

:lol: take a joke .. I am not 90 .. course that would be funny 90 year old

trying to start a family with her husband :lol:

lol, im sorry, sometimes i can be very thick headed... :wacko: so how old are you really?

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Timeline

one more question...i am filling out a new AOS for my husband to take to show my employment and stuff like that, anyway, my Q is that this AOS I-864 i downloaded from the uscis website says it expires 9/30/06, and on the website it says acceptable through OCT 19/06 , so it's all ok for me to use this form for rashid's oct 6 interview right? , i did call the NVC and they said the embassy will accept it...but i would like to just double double check

Thanks a bunches

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Hi everyone,

Can someone plz give me advice on what i should do now that i have moved and my address has changed? my husband interview is october 6th. Thanks alot for your help.

Leona

No need to change address on this file. Case is at embassy. When Rashid goes to embassy, he can let them know your new address or he can have this address on his DS230. Just do normal address change at post office.

one more question...i am filling out a new AOS for my husband to take to show my employment and stuff like that, anyway, my Q is that this AOS I-864 i downloaded from the uscis website says it expires 9/30/06, and on the website it says acceptable through OCT 19/06 , so it's all ok for me to use this form for rashid's oct 6 interview right? , i did call the NVC and they said the embassy will accept it...but i would like to just double double check

Thanks a bunches

Leona

Thats the latest I-864 they have on the web site, thats what u use. INSHA ALLAH, there wont be any problems.

Hi

something weird happend..

I got a call from the USA STATE DEPARTMENT at 12:51 Pm

thought I would list this number coz, yall would not belive me.

202 861 0945 from " Jackie"

the message is " GOod after noon this is jackie in the visa office

I got a message about your husbands visa case. I did look up the case

and it is still pending SAO < security advisory Opinon > case number ISL #### blah blah

you can call DOS public inquiry number at blah blah blah. "

least I know its an SAO check .. :huh:

So what was the purpose of the call? did u call her back?

whats up everybody

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shon! Let me ask you this? how do you know what day on SAO you are? Did the DOS tell you? right now Donkey mantis is taking about 100 days to process (thanks to the student rush).

Even at the embassy COs are telling applicants to wait 4 months instead of the normal 45 days response.

So how do u know ur at day 83, when was ur 4th SAO ordered?

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Leona,

I have to agree with ae4ever on the address change. I would file out the correct address on the DS 230 and get a change of address form from post office. Just tell him to make sure that he does inform them and that they make the changes at the embassy to correct his USA address.

Your form I-864 should be just fine since it is so close to the expiration date I would not worry. Keep us posted his interview is just around the corner now.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Shon! Let me ask you this? how do you know what day on SAO you are? Did the DOS tell you? right now Donkey mantis is taking about 100 days to process (thanks to the student rush).

Even at the embassy COs are telling applicants to wait 4 months instead of the normal 45 days response.

So how do u know ur at day 83, when was ur 4th SAO ordered?

84 days is not far to 100 day mark... :huh:

DOS told me what day they order the check . you think when I call

DOS- I am stupid as not to ask them when the check is ordered? I got a call

from DOS yesterday. I was told it was SAO check. - I dont need to make up a mother truckin thing to anyone of yall. how about asking me what prompted them to call me. instead, of thinking

I am making things up.

shon.gif

Timeline

Hi again,

Thanks for your replies...i saw this form I-865 on the USCIS website, for sponsor's change of address and it says to mail it to the service center for my state, so you are all saying that this is not gonna apply to me though, and just have rashid put the new address when he goes to his interview? , just want to make sure i am on the same page, thanks again for your patience. ( o yeah and once i did a change of address for the post office, and all my stuff kept going to my old address...same is happening to my sis, we get her mail all the time...so would it just be better to change address with the places i expect important mail from, like college, work, bank?)

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

whats up folks

how is the fasting coming along. what you guys eat for suhoor and iftar?

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had her K-3 interview today.

The Q&A took about 10 mins on std stuff (pictures, how we came to know each other, and review of the requested docs, etc) and was told that her visa is approved. The embassy staff was very friendly and courteous which made the interview process painless.

However, she had to give complete finger prints after the interview and was told that she will be called by FedEx within 60 days so she can pick-up her passport.

She was handed a couple of papers (white) with some info on it......she will fax those to me tommorw. These appear to be simple receipts that she may need when she collects the passports.

Any experiences or comments about the fingerprint process? Does it really take as much as 60 days after you've been told that your visa is approved. ...........

Nasir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.