aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
ok, what do test for in a physical? ( he wants to know, i have no idea what they do with the guys)

Your husband's exam will be pretty comprehensive since this is for the I-130. He'll be getting a whole slew of vaccinations like hepatitis, etc. He should get a complete list of the vaccinations with his interview date letter. My husband told me that they took some blood, took x-rays, did a bone density exam, eye exam, and checked out his complete body to make sure everything looked ok. They'll probably ask if he's had any operations, been in any fights, and probably some more things. They want to make sure that overall he's fairly healthy. Hope this info helps.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sky where is your case right now

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline
sky where is your case right now

Are you referring to me? If so, my husband also had his K-3 interview on 9/1. He said it seemed really promising. He had an american lady interviewer and she was laughing with him and she only wanted to see basic things mainly my tax returns I think. Then she said it would take 15 days- 2months to get back to him and to call them back if he didn't hear back in 45 days or so. I talked to a few of my relatives and friends who went through this and they all said to go with the highest number of days in the range given in the time line from the interviewer. So Inshallah, he should get that passport back with the visa in 2 months if what they say is true otherwise I guess I'll have to go back and visit him cause in December will be our 1 year anniversary. Time sure flies when you're having fun :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thankyou very much sky, that was a great answer. I appreciate it. Im happy for you that you can visit your husband...i unfortunately can not afford the plane tickets right now to go back and forth...our two year anniversary is going to have to be celebrated online...i know what you mean by " time sure flies when you're having fun" anyway, yeah my husband is gonna miss our sons first birthday too, just like he missed his first crawling, and first steps...it's sad, but the time when he would be here i think all the waiting will just be like as if it were a dream, inshAllah...or more like a night mare :unsure:

Thanks again!

im sorry, your user is not sky, it's sk...oops.. :hehe:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Timeline
Thankyou very much sky, that was a great answer. I appreciate it. Im happy for you that you can visit your husband...i unfortunately can not afford the plane tickets right now to go back and forth...our two year anniversary is going to have to be celebrated online...i know what you mean by " time sure flies when you're having fun" anyway, yeah my husband is gonna miss our sons first birthday too, just like he missed his first crawling, and first steps...it's sad, but the time when he would be here i think all the waiting will just be like as if it were a dream, inshAllah...or more like a night mare :unsure:

Thanks again!

im sorry, your user is not sky, it's sk...oops.. :hehe:

Even though I feel bad for my own situation, there are people worse off. I'm sorry you have to go through this. This is definitely worse for you considering you have a son. Anyways, the bottom line is to pray and have faith first of all, and secondly patience. That's all we can do. Good luck on his interview.

yes good luck.

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-27-2006 | NOA1

I-129F Process

03-13-2006 | NOA1

AOS process

08-30-2007 | NOA1

Timeline

quote] Anyways, the bottom line is to pray and have faith first of all, and secondly patience. That's all we can do.

That is very true, i agree completely. May Allah help us to have patience....and Allah knows best,

Aamin.

:innocent:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
whats up marry, whats going on with you these days

Hello/Salaams,

Hello Hafiz I have been on the go this past week. My kids were sick and I was playing nurse/dr/mom LOL. I have been learning some more urdu. My skills are limited and with my southern accent it keeps the family and friends roflol. :blush: But I am trying and it is getting better. I had to run errands all day yesterday and did not get to come back after I replied to the one post so sorry to be late in replying to you.

I guess you are finalizing plans to go back to Pakistan now and bring home your wife? If so let us know when she will arrive so we can all welcome her to the USA. I know both of you are so excited that you will be reunited shortly.

Everyone else I am still checking in on your progress and cheering each and everyone of you along the way with your cases. :dance: This is new week and hope that we have more good news this week on our forum.

Mary :D

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

That is very true, i agree completely. May Allah help us to have patience....and Allah knows best

INDEED :yes:

Congrats RKhalid for having an earlier interview date. INSHA ALLAH he will get visa same day. You guys have a baby together and that really shows its a genuine marriage. Good Luck.

I love the picture n your avtar. MASHA ALLAH you have a handsome son.

Hafiz!!! whats the update? have you emailed the embassy? why are they taking so long for visa delivery?

One thing I have been thinking in past few days is that we, the members of this thread, represent a very, very small portion of all the people going through this immigration process. This process is complicated but this site makes it alot easier. I know people who are in this process and don't know where to get information from. So, I encourage all of you to tell everyone you know about this site. No I won't get a commission from ewok :no: but if people get the right info. at the right time, that will be a great help to them. I get so upset when I see people going to lawyers to get just the basic information and paying heavy fees. Please help them help themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one more thing RKhalid!!!!!!!! You have made a mistake in your timeline data and posted an interview date for 2007 ;) . Please correct it as it has made the average incorrect as well. :thumbs:

SALAM

EVERYBODY ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

My interview is in 1st Week of December 2006, my wife(USC) wish to join me in interview in PK

Now the problem is that She applied for visit visa for period of Nov 28 to December 20

BUT

She got visa from Sep 05 to Dec -04

Now what we should do? Dont know what is solution for getting a right visa date?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fooki I would email the embassy and tell them that your wife will be in Pakistan on such and such date and see if they can get you any date that falls in that timeline. Inform them that she will have to leave and you are wishing her to be with you at the time of your interview for moral support. It is worth a try and wishing you the best of luck on getting your date changed.

Mary

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Just one more thing RKhalid!!!!!!!! You have made a mistake in your timeline data and posted an interview date for 2007 ;) . Please correct it as it has made the average incorrect as well. :thumbs:

Thank you for pointing that out, i did fix it. :)

thanks also for the compliments on my baby, I am so blessed to have him here with me to help me through the wait.

I would pray that they issue visa on the same day, I was wondering though ( i know it's rare for the men to get a visa the same day) that if he got visa the same day, in october, could he wait till after our 2nd anniversary to come to usa? so that he could be issued an IR1 at POE?

That is, if he bypasses AR, which i highly doubt it, but Allah is the one who decides.

O yeah, and the thing you said about so many people paying for lawyers or making mistakes on simple things that could be answered here, yeah, me and rashid are two of those people! If we knew about this site a year ago, i have no doubt that my husband would be here by now....so i will definitly recommend it to anyone i know going through any kind of visa process to visit vj.com :D thanks for all your help!!!!

My husband is doing his medical tomorrow, and getting his final police certificate from Islamabad, inshAllah everything will be fine.

Leona

SALAM

EVERYBODY ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

My interview is in 1st Week of December 2006, my wife(USC) wish to join me in interview in PK

Now the problem is that She applied for visit visa for period of Nov 28 to December 20

BUT

She got visa from Sep 05 to Dec -04

Now what we should do? Dont know what is solution for getting a right visa date?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Yeah, they were weird with my visit visa too, i applied for 6 months and they gave me a five year multiple visit visa to pakistan....weird...but like mary said, i would email the embassy in Islamabad , sometimes they really do help you out, they helped us out...also did you try contacting the pakistani embassy that issued the visit visa? maybe they would let your wife mail her passport there and give her the right time frame visa that you wanted....this is all just me talking though, i dont know for sure, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Hafiz!!! whats the update? have you emailed the embassy? why are they taking so long for visa delivery?

no passport yet, i emailed embassy on thursday, but no reply yet, i am going to wait for a couple of more days to see whats going on. my wife is getting all worried

well is everyone ready for ramadan? 2 more weeks.

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-27-2006 | NOA1

I-129F Process

03-13-2006 | NOA1

AOS process

08-30-2007 | NOA1

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question about police certificate from Lahore. I heard from within Lahore, somone only can get one police certificate. My wife has lived different towns within Lahore. Does not she need each certificate from all the places she lived in Lahore and else.

Thank you

Sham

CR1

12/19/2005: I130 Mailed.

12/22/2005: I130 NOA1 (Notice Date).

05/04/2006: I130 NOA2 (Approval).

05/17/2006: NVC assinged case#

05/29/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee generated.

06/01/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee sent, Express usps mail.

06/16/2006: Received IV Bill form and I-864 package.

06/19/2006: Send IV bill and I-864 express usps mail.

06/22/2006: IV bill fee entered in NVC system.

06/30/2006: DS-230 has generated

06/31/2006: Received DS-230.

07/10/2006: Sent DS-230

07/28/2006: Sent Passport Biographic page. Delayed because of name change.

08/08/2006: Case Complete @ NVC

08/17/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

09/07/2006: Spouse received Packet 3.5 from embassy.

09/18/2006: Spouse send packet 3.5 to embassy.

10/20/2006: Wife arrived in US.

I29F K3

05/01/2006: I129F sent.

05/15/2006: I129F NOA1.

08/07/2006: Email approval notificationl of I129F.

08/14/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

08/28/2006: Spouse recieved packet 3.5 and date of interview.

09/05/2006: Embassy canceld K3, since CR-1 @ embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.