aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

one of these days when I call the DOS. they will tell me this syitt

is done. not always the same things 1001 times :(

this time they got real classic and said

" we are having a mad rush and processing all the student clearances first " #######. let them studdy on line

I want my husband home :(

That's really sad...i guess though it's better than thinking they just aren't doing anything, it's better to think they are just too busy, but still, it sucks...you have been waiting a year! i can't believe it, that's too long...i admire your patience. that's funny that you said to let them study online...lol, seriously they should put family visas before student visas...or atleast don't let them butt in line ahead of you.

Thanks RK.

I have a wonderful career and going to school to one day be

an attorney. So michican can squak about whatever he wants.

I know what I am.

That's really great :thumbs: , i am also going to college, to be a biological scientist...but i'm just doing my first year now, for my Assoicate of Arts...something to keep me busy while i am missing my husband....

are you serious? hey have you looked at the jobs for biological scientist ? see whats out there?

take a look at the USA department of education. :thumbs:

shon.gif

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
are you serious? hey have you looked at the jobs for biological scientist ? see whats out there?

hmmm...im not quite sure if you are thinking it's a bad idea or a good one...none the less i have decided that i do want to be a biological scientist...either a zoologist, a microbiologist , or a Physiologist, there is a good chance i will go for zoology, and this summer im planning to get a more or less intern position at the st. louis zoo, :) inshAllah, i have looked at it's occupational outlook , and it is expected to grow on average, it said that in 2004 77,000 jobs were held by biological scientists, and that it is competitive...but, i don't mind, it's very interesting to me :yes:

Thanks for your interest as well.

:star:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

hmmm...im not quite sure if you are thinking it's a bad idea or a good one...none the less i have decided that i do want to be a biological scientist...either a zoologist, a microbiologist , or a Physiologist, there is a good chance i will go for zoology, and this summer im planning to get a more or less intern position at the st. louis zoo, :) inshAllah, i have looked at it's occupational outlook , and it is expected to grow on average, it said that in 2004 77,000 jobs were held by biological scientists, and that it is competitive...but, i don't mind, it's very interesting to me :yes:

Thanks for your interest as well.

:star:

Good luck with your studies. if you need help with something ask Michigan master genious on the board..

if you go for the intern postion- sweet. good luck with that..

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I like Iqbal's poetry too. I love his "Shikwa, Jawab-e-Shikwa". Thats just a good piece of petry, even though there are lines in that, which I dont think should've been in it.

Maybe it's just me but it seems that a lot of women whos spouses are going through longer AR/AP seem to be non-desi. Do they investigate these types of cases more than just a couple where both spouses are the same culture, background, race?

I think they look at everything on a case to case basis.....

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am little bit confused. My wife has changed her name after sending the papers to NVC, becuase NVC told us name should reflect marriage. Name change happend after I send the DS-230 to NVC.

Now She got Packet 3.5 from embassy and they are asking again DS230, now which name I should use.

married or unmarried. All her correspondence from embassy + NVC are on maiden name.

Thank you

Sham

CR1

12/19/2005: I130 Mailed.

12/22/2005: I130 NOA1 (Notice Date).

05/04/2006: I130 NOA2 (Approval).

05/17/2006: NVC assinged case#

05/29/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee generated.

06/01/2006: DS3032 and AOS bill fee sent, Express usps mail.

06/16/2006: Received IV Bill form and I-864 package.

06/19/2006: Send IV bill and I-864 express usps mail.

06/22/2006: IV bill fee entered in NVC system.

06/30/2006: DS-230 has generated

06/31/2006: Received DS-230.

07/10/2006: Sent DS-230

07/28/2006: Sent Passport Biographic page. Delayed because of name change.

08/08/2006: Case Complete @ NVC

08/17/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

09/07/2006: Spouse received Packet 3.5 from embassy.

09/18/2006: Spouse send packet 3.5 to embassy.

10/20/2006: Wife arrived in US.

I29F K3

05/01/2006: I129F sent.

05/15/2006: I129F NOA1.

08/07/2006: Email approval notificationl of I129F.

08/14/2006: Case forwarded to embassy.

08/28/2006: Spouse recieved packet 3.5 and date of interview.

09/05/2006: Embassy canceld K3, since CR-1 @ embassy.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I am little bit confused. My wife has changed her name after sending the papers to NVC, becuase NVC told us name should reflect marriage. Name change happend after I send the DS-230 to NVC.

Now She got Packet 3.5 from embassy and they are asking again DS230, now which name I should use.

married or unmarried. All her correspondence from embassy + NVC are on maiden name.

Thank you

Sham

You might want to send an email to the embassy asking them that.....when it comes to the Islamabad embassy you can never be sure so it would be better to hear it from them

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
one of these days when I call the DOS. they will tell me this syitt

is done. not always the same things 1001 times :(

this time they got real classic and said

" we are having a mad rush and processing all the student clearances first " #######. let them studdy on line

I want my husband home :(

it is true, talked to the DOS Visa Office manager. They are very busy because of start of school years.. 1000s of Donkey mantis checks pending! hopefully they can clear em real soon!

When School Year Starts In US?

Trying to know how much more it will effect our process?

and What if Someone's case is In Embassy? is IV Unit alos Working on Student Visas?

When School Year Starts In US?

Trying to know how much more it will effect our process?

and What if Someone's case is In Embassy? is IV Unit alos Working on Student Visas?

Spring in March. Fall in September. Fall admissions are done in summer, which actually is the start of school year. Good Luck.

Question: I sent an email to embassy inquiring about whether an interview date has been set or a package has been sent. They didn't respond to that email, even though they responded to other emails pretty fast. Why it could be? Is it something to worry about?

Timeline
Question: I sent an email to embassy inquiring about whether an interview date has been set or a package has been sent. They didn't respond to that email, even though they responded to other emails pretty fast. Why it could be? Is it something to worry about?

I had the same thing happen. They never responded until they were ready to set the date and then they sent the letter to my husband. I never got any response from my emails. I would email them again and see if you get any results and if you do not try again in a week. Good luck on getting your date and packet.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

I had the same thing happen. They never responded until they were ready to set the date and then they sent the letter to my husband. I never got any response from my emails. I would email them again and see if you get any results and if you do not try again in a week. Good luck on getting your date and packet.

Thanks. Gracias. Shukria. :D:D:D

Hafiz,

Is your wife's visa coming in the mail to her or is she going to pick it up on her own? Do they have a choice in the matter? I told my husband to pick his up once his clearance is over with cause who knows if it will get lost in the mail, etc.

no she has not recieved anything yet, they gave her token only. she calls AMEX everyday, they tell her its not here yet. There were a few ladies with her at the embassy who also had interviews. I belive my wife said there were 6 ladies from karachi and one from lahore. They told the karachi girls that you would get visa via amex. for lahore lady they told her come back in the afternoon and we will give you the passport back with visa.

I talked to her today and she said one of the girls from karachi got the passport today from amex, she was k1 visa. so the rest are still waiting.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Sham

sham i would email embassy, but i believe you would put her new name in the first question. and her maiden name or previous name on the question number 2 on ds230

sham which visa is your wife now going for. k3 or cr1?

Edited by hafiz

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

ALHAMDULLLAH TA'AALA WA NAHMADUHU WA NUSALLI ALA RASOOL-I-HIL KAREEM (SAL-LAL-LA HO ALAIH-E- WA AAL-E-HE WSALLAM).

I received email from embassy stating my wife's interview has been scheduled for Oct. 13th. INSHA ALLAH.

Here is something interesting I noticed about k3 interviews:

hafiz: 09/01/06 - Friday.

another member: 09/22/06 - Friday.

nasir: 09/29/06 - Friday.

ae4ever: 10-13-06 - Friday.

Looks like if you are K3, you will interview on a Friday!!!!!!!!!! No problem, Ba Barkat din hai :D .

there were 6 ladies from karachi and one from lahore. They told the karachi girls that you would get visa via amex. for lahore lady they told her come back in the afternoon and we will give you the passport back with visa.

I talked to her today and she said one of the girls from karachi got the passport today from amex, she was k1 visa. so the rest are still waiting.

hmmmmmm.thats interesting too. What's the reason? did u emial the embassy?

INSHA ALLAH she and all other girls will receive passports with visa this week.

SHAB-E-BARA'AT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The night during which decisions about life and death, health and wealth and all other acpests of life are made in the heavens. So do alot of prayers. May ALLAH keep us all safe and happy. Aameen. Summ Aameen.

ALHAMDULLLAH TA'AALA WA NAHMADUHU WA NUSALLI ALA RASOOL-I-HIL KAREEM (SAL-LAL-LA HO ALAIH-E- WA AAL-E-HE WSALLAM).

I received email from embassy stating my wife's interview has been scheduled for Oct. 13th. INSHA ALLAH.

Looks like if you are K3, you will interview on a Friday!!!!!!!!!! No problem, Ba Barkat din hai :D .

there were 6 ladies from karachi and one from lahore. They told the karachi girls that you would get visa via amex. for lahore lady they told her come back in the afternoon and we will give you the passport back with visa.

hmmmmmm.thats interesting too. What's the reason? did u emial the embassy?

INSHA ALLAH she and all other girls will receive passports with visa this week.

SHAB-E-BARA'AT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The night during which decisions about life and death, health and wealth and all other acpests of life are made in the heavens. So do alot of prayers. May ALLAH keep us all safe and happy. Aameen. Summ Aameen.

CONGRATS

yes k-3 are on Friday

our interview was on friday

and my CR1 interview for javed was also on a friday.

shon.gif

Timeline

Congrats .... Inshallah your wife will get the visa.

Yes, tonight is big night. May Lord Almighty shower his blessing on Muslim Ummah....

no she has not recieved anything yet, they gave her token only. she calls AMEX everyday, they tell her its not here yet. There were a few ladies with her at the embassy who also had interviews. I belive my wife said there were 6 ladies from karachi and one from lahore. They told the karachi girls that you would get visa via amex. for lahore lady they told her come back in the afternoon and we will give you the passport back with visa.

Usually visa package along with passport arrives within week but don’t worry inshallah she will receive the package shortly. :thumbs:

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A little inside for you of you cool people dealing with Islamabad. Actually its everyone stuck in the security clearance process.. Right now the DOS is processing clearances cases filed on or about early June.. So if if you were interviewed after that please sit back and relax! We have a while before our clearances are processed!

I hate security clearances!

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.