aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum;

Is the letter from embassy required to obtain the police certificate or can certificate be obtained without the letter?

Bhai salam, letter chayee hota hai …..us bayghair ap ki inquiry nahi ho sakti. Yeah police ka mamla hai koi khala jee ka ghar nahi :P

Happy Independence Day Of pakistan :D

Long live to Pakistan

Long live to Muslim nation

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Bhai salam, letter chayee hota hai …..us bayghair ap ki inquiry nahi ho sakti. Yeah police ka mamla hai koi khala jee ka ghar nahi :P

what is this advise your giving on police reports? you have to SPEAK IN ENGLISH. you could be relaying MISINFORMATION on the Thread. you have to post in ENGLISH so others can correct it if its in error. its about RESPECT! :angry:

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif

Is the letter from embassy required to obtain the police certificate or can certificate be obtained without the letter?

no only quiday azam is required.

Bhai salam, letter chayee hota hai …..us bayghair ap ki inquiry nahi ho sakti. Yeah police ka mamla hai koi khala jee ka ghar nahi

translation: brother peace be to you, you need the letter for police certs, without it is difficult not impossible. this is police matter not your aunts house

haha lol. certified translator. merey mohar lag gayee.(my notory is stampled on this translation)

IS there any body from pakistan who knows "what is the interveiw time between the arrival of k-3 packet from NVC and the interveiw day ?

On there website it says " applicants for all petition based categories (E, L, H1B, O, P) ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVEIW !

There is no mention of K-3 though?

the time is within 1.5 months usually. the other visa types you have mentioned dont have interview. they send their passport in mail and get it back. thats it no interivew. of course this is after their petition has been approved.

i beleive if you go to visapro.com, it defines what those types stand for. enjoy

Edited by hafiz

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Thanks psoft. But if the letter is required, then I have following conern: As we know they give only few weeks to interview for K3, so if police dept. in Pakitsan takes long,then how can someone possibly get police certificates in time? Whats the solution? what did u guys do?

bahee as explained, you can get them. dont worry. just the letter and they will give you the certs. they dont take long.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEL. Hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones.

HAPPY INDEPENENCE DAY TO PAKISTAN.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks psoft. But if the letter is required, then I have following conern: As we know they give only few weeks to interview for K3, so if police dept. in Pakitsan takes long,then how can someone possibly get police certificates in time? Whats the solution? what did u guys do?

Hi

1) Embassy letter is NOT required

2) Police Certificate can be obtained in 2days period. How? Just manage all the required signatures by taking the application manually to all concerned.

-Dude

Timeline

thanks guys!

Happy BD... man you are real Pakistani born on Aug 14th.... :star:

Brother you will have enough time to get this letter from police. (United States embassy at Islamabad knows this situation so don’t worry) plus in Pakistan everything is possible inshallah it wont be a problem.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

been on AP/AR for over 4 MONTHS NOW!!!

129 days toal so far since we've been on AP/AR.

i call DOS 4 times a week, every week, and get the same response

'your husband is still undergoing security checks, there is no more background information we can give at this time'

#######!!

i ask them the following questions every time:

- what is the status of case?

- has the cable been sent to embassy?

- what/how many security checks are pending?

- which checks has he passed?

- i am his wife, why can't you look at you other screens and look for useful info to give me?

i've spoken to all the different operators, barbara, rose, etc and they all give me the same info:

i don't know...... i can't give you that information........we don't have that information now....

are there any other questions i can ask? have you all been getting the same responses from DOS when you call up and ask about your cases????

please help molly!! :wacko: lol

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.