02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Zam on your K3 approval and Omid hope you are enjoying your reunion.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mary

Hay Mary,

my two daughter in laws are here now- but me son in law had his interview 08/01/06 and the told him wait....I can only assume AR- but how long is that going to take? -

I ask only since when he had his interview he was told 3-6 weeks officially but, they said off the record it should be more like a month-

I told him not to get his hopes up but wanted your input- Thanks alot and congrats on all your good news

Jules

Timeline
salams all :D

Alhamdulilah - my fiance got here with no problems, very easy POE - asked some very basic questions like where are you going to live, what are you going to do, where does your fiance live and that was about it... I waited outside of customs for almost an hour though b/c they lost his luggage!! Got it three days later thankfully...

quick question - were they supposed to keep the brown envelope at immigration?

Thanks again everyone for all the support - off to getting married and AOS'ing insha'Allah!

congrats and yes the brown envelope was them to keep....

for sending mail to pakistan. is Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service by usps reliable. it states on their website that they work with fedex. i went to fedex website but it seems package will cost 67 buck to send out. this is costing 36. any clues on rates, what service you guys used to send your relative the various forms. i remember marry mentioned fedex, please list rates and name of company. thanks. i am sending documents of course not big package. so please suggest accordingly. thanks

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

Filed: Timeline

Mary

Hay Mary,

my two daughter in laws are here now- but me son in law had his interview 08/01/06 and the told him wait....I can only assume AR- but how long is that going to take? -

I ask only since when he had his interview he was told 3-6 weeks officially but, they said off the record it should be more like a month-

I told him not to get his hopes up but wanted your input- Thanks alot and congrats on all your good news

Jules

17 days - 2 years

we been on it 11 1/2 months..

well here is the deal! If you want to keep going with K-3 DONT PAY THE FEEs ASSOCIATED WITH IR-1/CR-1. Simple! The embassy doesnt get anything from NVC so they dont know 130 is approved or not.

its doesnt work for everybody. :huh:

well here is the deal! If you want to keep going with K-3 DONT PAY THE FEEs ASSOCIATED WITH IR-1/CR-1. Simple! The embassy doesnt get anything from NVC so they dont know 130 is approved or not.

Exactly. Why doesnt shon understand that her K3 was cancelled cuz she paid the fee. We are talking about holding DS-230 and NOT mailing it to NVC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COPMRENDE babybunny ? :P

:no:

thats not what happened.. we did not pay the fees til 7 months on AR..

is that spanish?

umm! because its Shon! She is always right and everyone else is wrong! lol! Do what i do! Ignore her posts! I am sorry to say but I have seen her on the forum for the longest time and often found her information to be #######!

:huh: prove me wrong :huh:

go ahead ..

shon.gif

Timeline
for sending mail to pakistan. is Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service by usps reliable. it states on their website that they work with fedex. i went to fedex website but it seems package will cost 67 buck to send out. this is costing 36. any clues on rates, what service you guys used to send your relative the various forms. i remember marry mentioned fedex, please list rates and name of company. thanks. i am sending documents of course not big package. so please suggest accordingly. thanks

from what I have heard from others using usps is that it takes a lot of time even if you pay $36. You are better off paying more....do you have DHL where you are?? I think it might be better.....

Timeline

Mary

Hay Mary,

Jules

Hello Jules,

AR or AP can take several months to year from what I have seen. I would say that the going time is roughly running 5 to 6 months if you look at the ME forum and here as well. Ishteaq had 5 months and Omid I think was around 6 months, Amy from the ME forum little over 6 months and a few others as well. All I can say is to call and check if you can weekly with DOS for an update if they will give you any information and tell him to be patient. I know it is very hard but that is all you can really do and pray. When Ishteaq had his interview he was told the case was fine but needed some processing and given the 221 (g) and said to contact them after 45 business days if they had not contacted him (they do not count weekends or holidays). Then almost one month later he had the field investigation and was told that they hoped to call him within one month but they did not contact him again until after 3 months.

Take care and stay positive! If I can answer any more questions for you let me know and hope my input helped.

Mary

Hafiz,

I used the USPS to send one package to Pakistan and it was to be there in one week. :lol: I used FedEx and had great results. If you truly want to guarantee delivery I would use the Fedex it is more expensive but Ishteaq had his documents within one week.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

About Police Certificates from Pakistan

Thank you folks who replied my last msg. Now I have another confusion

I need to get police certificates from Pakistan for my husband's immigration visa . Is he required to get police certificates from all the cities he has lived in Pakistan or getting it from the last city in which he resided would be enough?

regards

Timeline

I need to get police certificates from Pakistan for my husband's immigration visa . Is he required to get police certificates from all the cities he has lived in Pakistan or getting it from the last city in which he resided would be enough?

regards

Hello Birdie,

He must get certificates from all cities he lived in for 6 months or longer. My husband attended college in another city and we had to have a certificate from this city as well as the city he was born and raised in. Good luck.

Mary

Filed: Timeline

regards

your husband is in London? or Pakistan?

if he is in london and you are going though the london embassy.

what i will recommend is 2 things..

1.. contact them an VERIFY its needed. call them and dont religh on a message board.

2.. Locate the USICS webiste that stated it was NOT required.

3.. print the Part of the information that LISTED those countries its not required from.

present it to the embassy. THis is the ONLY thing that could say save you hassles.

you know good and well pakistan is not good at record keeping.

there was someone working with the CAN embassy that saw a list on embassy or USICS page that

stated ITS not required. I strongly think this is your best proof. the embassy realizes its next to

impossible to get the document.

if london embassy is demanding it

he will neeed all cities he has LIVED in since age 16.

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

regards

Birdyconfused, Mary is right.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

and birdy is confused. lets not forget that lol

i am just kidding please dont mind

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-27-2006 | NOA1

I-129F Process

03-13-2006 | NOA1

AOS process

08-30-2007 | NOA1

i have recieved ds230 in mail. mhm should i send it in. lol

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-27-2006 | NOA1

I-129F Process

03-13-2006 | NOA1

AOS process

08-30-2007 | NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.