aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello. I, am a US citizen and my spouse is in Islamabad. I filed his K-3 back in May and got notice from the USCIS on 7/27 that the case is being transferred to the NVC so it can be sent to Pakistan. It looks like an interview should be scheduled in September hopefully. I understand that all visa applicants must now go through a security clearance in Washington after the interview and this can take anywhere from 45 days-several months. Does anyone have any idea how long it's taking on average for this? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your husband would have to stay in Washington from 45 days to several months for security clearance?

It looks like I am not understanding what you're saying. Could you clarify that?

I didn't know about this security clearance.

They will do the clearance in Washington but he will still be in Pakistan.

Oh ok, thank you very much for clarifying that. I am not sure if the others understood me.

I-130 (CR1) Form:

• Received NAO1 on April 14, 2006
  • Approved on July 14, 2006
  • Received DS-3032 & Fee for Affidavit on August 07, 2006
  • Waiting for my wife to receive the DS-3032; Mailed out Affidavit Fee on August 09, 2006
  • Mailed out immigration fee on September 25, 2006
  • Overnighted I-864 Affidavit on October 2, 2006
  • Spouse mailed DS230 part I & copy of biographic page from Pakistan on October 23, 2006 (Pakistan date)
  • DS230 part I & copy of biographic page arrives to the NVC on November 06, 2006
  • Case Completed at NVC on November 30, 2006.
  • CR-1 forwarded December 07, 2007, and arrived at Islamabad Embassy on December 12, 2006.
  • Wife picks up packet for CR-1 on January 10, 2007.

I-129F (K3) Form:

• NOA1 received on June 08, 2006
  • Stamped and mailed a RFAE notice on November 14, 2006 to Homeland Security. Sent next day but too late for K3...
  • USCIS receives my RFAE on November 21, 2006, and case is now at the Missouri Service Center.
  • I-129F approved on November 28, 2006.
  • I-129F forwarded to Islamabad embassy on December 06, 2006.
  • Packet for K3 sent on January 08, 2007 and INTERVIEW DATE is assigned for January 30, 2007.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum;

I welcome all new members to this thread with a request to them to update their signatures to reflect all important activities in their cases. Thanks.

:thumbs:

a Quick reminder.. those on AP/AR please let one of us know.. how long you have been on

AP/AR so we can track it for ya....those that told me - thank you very much..

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Everyone:)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :D

My husband's interview is in November. As we all know, Pakistani males are put on AR/AP for sure.

I plan to go back right after my husband has his interview- I wonder if that will cause any problem later on during the AR/AP. Does anyone have experience with this?

I will not have any apartment lease once I leave. I will have my friends mailing address-which is the same place I am staying right now-as well as my bank accounts-and voters registration record. I already have a co-sponsor since when I was sending packet 3.5, I did not have a job.

Just wanted advise on whether anyone sees if it will be a problem or not.

Thanks for all your guys help:)

Have a great day! ;)

make an effert to contact your congressman see if you can get your date moved up sooner..

good luck.. :thumbs:

Hey Shon :)-yeah I already contacted congressman-embassy told him they have too many cases already and are understaffed-so cannot changed date.

So I want to go stay a few months with him after the interview-or till whenever he gets the visa...was just wondering if it will be a problem..(see the above post for details)

thanks to all who replied:)

Take care and enjoy!!!!

May 31st, 2005- Submitted I-130

Dec 2nd, 2005- Received Packet 3.5

May 24th, 2006-Submitted Packet 3.5

June 1st,2006- Received Interview letter for November

August 15th, 2006- Date changed for interview to September 21,2006

September 21st, 2006-Interview and put on AR/AP

October 13th, 2006-I return to Pakistan

January 3rd, 2006-They said visa approved and took my hubby's passport-but no visa in sight :(

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey folks

Here http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html#one they say

"A person born in India or Pakistan must present the registration certificate if his birth was registered. If it was not registered, either in the locality or, if a Christian, in church, sworn affidavits may be submitted. Such an affidavit must be executed before an official authorized to take oaths (i.e. a magistrate, commissioner of oaths, justice of the peace or the like) by the mother, If she is deceased, the father may swear to the affidavit."

Isnt birth certificate and registration certificate same thing? if you have the birth certificate, do you still need a registration certificate???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hey folks

"A person born in India or Pakistan must present the registration certificate if his birth was registered. If it was not registered, either in the locality or, if a Christian, in church, sworn affidavits may be submitted. Such an affidavit must be executed before an official authorized to take oaths (i.e. a magistrate, commissioner of oaths, justice of the peace or the like) by the mother, If she is deceased, the father may swear to the affidavit."

Isnt birth certificate and registration certificate same thing? if you have the birth certificate, do you still need a registration certificate???

I think the registration is some kind of receipt that you get after registering a birth there. If you have a birth certificate you shouldnt have to get anything else.

Timeline

Umm dont you mean the US Embassy in Islamabad! Not Pakistan embassy! lol! look at whos talking though! look at my signature!

Edited by michigan

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

lol thats a big misconception, that the US embassy in pakistan is pakistan embassy. nevertheless

Did you receive an email from them, Hafiz?

yes i did and i posted what they said. I try calling nvc but number has been busy all the time.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hey folks

Registration certificate is called ‘Form-B’ or in Urdu ‘Form-Bay’ which is kind a record of a household (i.e. father, mother and children under 18 have no National ID card: In Pakistan only 18 years apply for National ID card) it is kind of national ID card but in the form paper. Like Joel said if you have birth certificate you do not need registration certificate

lol thats a big misconception, that the US embassy in pakistan is pakistan embassy. nevertheless
Did you receive an email from them, Hafiz?

yes i did and i posted what they said. I try calling nvc but number has been busy all the time.

There is no need to NVC just shoot an e.mail to Islamabad they will reply you about case status believe me. ISL really rocks :thumbs:

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

no michigan like to pull your leg lol. its all good

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

Hi,

I will add my timeline as soon as I get a chance to dig through my papers and notices to find the dates. Thank you to everyone who replied to my last post. I have some more questions that I thought of. 1) I have an immigration attorney and she said that if both I-130 and I-129F have been approved, then it is up to us to decide whether we want to cancel one. The whole situation is that k-3 interviews are being held in Sept now and I-130 in Dec. Of course, we would prefer to go with the K-3 but I didn't know that I-130s could be cancelled to make the K-3 go faster so I'm really confused about this. 2) Does it help if the US citizen is there for the interview with the pakistani spouse? Unfortunately I had to leave to come back soon after the wedding and haven't been able to go back yet. But if it helps, I will definitely head back for this. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I will add my timeline as soon as I get a chance to dig through my papers and notices to find the dates. Thank you to everyone who replied to my last post. I have some more questions that I thought of. 1) I have an immigration attorney and she said that if both I-130 and I-129F have been approved, then it is up to us to decide whether we want to cancel one. The whole situation is that k-3 interviews are being held in Sept now and I-130 in Dec. Of course, we would prefer to go with the K-3 but I didn't know that I-130s could be cancelled to make the K-3 go faster so I'm really confused about this. 2) Does it help if the US citizen is there for the interview with the pakistani spouse? Unfortunately I had to leave to come back soon after the wedding and haven't been able to go back yet. But if it helps, I will definitely head back for this. Thanks a lot.

Yes regardless of what you have seen on this thread in past "few" posts, the truth is that if both I-130 and I-129F have been approved and you have not sent in your DS-230 to NVC (Without DS-230, NVC cant send I-130 to embassy, and if I-130 doesnt reach embassy, K3 will not be cancelled) then you can call NVC and tell them to hold your I-130 here in U.S cuz you will INSHA AALLAH TA'AALA do adjustment od status. This way K3 will INSHA ALLAH make it to embassy and your spouse can come here on K3 and then do AOS.

NOW, MY QUESTION

its been 10 days since I-130 approval, ALHAMDULILLAH. Yet NVC automatic number has no record of the case. If I speak to a representative, do you think they will have different info? Or when should I expect it tobe assigned a case number?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.