aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Does anyone in this forum know how long it takes to be issued a pakistani visa. Im going to pakistan in Sept to meet my fiancee. Still waiting on my passport. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Called DOS again, same response "You wife's case is pending Security clearence" :(

Khurram, DOS always had updates on late Wednesday afternoons or Thursday morning when I was going thru the processing. Check back with them later in the week.

Mary

Mary,

Can I expect any sort of response from DOS other than 'The clearance is still pending"? I was wondering if there is some sort of middle step that can atleast let me know if the AP is moving along or not. Or if there is some intelligent question that I can ask them that might give me a hint about whats going on? All you help is GREATLY DEEPLY and TRUELY appreciated - and I can talk for everyone here!!

I will give DOS a call on Thursday. Was planning to call today but no cell minutes :(

:huh2:

AayZee Timeline for AOS/EAD/AP

09/06/2007 - POE @ Los Angeles

09/09/2007 - Married

09/17/2007 - Applied For Social Security

09/23/2007 - Got Social Security by Mail

10/15/2007 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

10/18/2007 - Docs received @ the Chicago Mailbox

10/26/2007 - Check Cashed

11/02/2007 - Received Biometrics letter

11/20/2007 - Biometrics appt

11/20/2007 - Touch

11/25/2007 - Touch

01/28/2008 - EAD Approved & AP touched

02/04/2008 - EAD Received

02/10/2008 - AP Received

03/24/2008 - Interview Appt Receieved (scheduled for 05/24/2008)

End is so new ... can hardly wait!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi all,

Does anyone in this forum know how long it takes to be issued a pakistani visa. Im going to pakistan in Sept to meet my fiancee. Still waiting on my passport. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

I am of pakistani origin. When I applied for it using my US passport it took them about two weeks, from the time I sent it to them to the time it was back in my hands. You also have to send in the return envelope for them to return the passport in. I used the USPS EMS mailer, I sent that in with the application, plus you need to send the fee ($110! I think) in USPS postal money order. Get the info by calling the consulate that is in chatge of your state, they should be able to give all the pertinant info over the phone. I think the website info gets out of date, so call them and get all particulars of what is needed, how much fee, what forms, pics, return mailer, address. Now if you are a US citizen by birth, then they may have different rules for you, so you may have a truly refreshing experience (sarcasm). Some other folks on this forum should be able to shed more light on this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know we have tried asking DOS many types of questions in many differnt ways however we get the same answer. I have come to belive that DOS employees are told to only provide two pieces of information 1. Currently Pending OR 2. Status Complete other then that I dont think theres any use calling them other then to just make onself feel productive by this fruitless exercise.

Called DOS again, same response "You wife's case is pending Security clearence" :(

Khurram, DOS always had updates on late Wednesday afternoons or Thursday morning when I was going thru the processing. Check back with them later in the week.

Mary

Mary,

Can I expect any sort of response from DOS other than 'The clearance is still pending"? I was wondering if there is some sort of middle step that can atleast let me know if the AP is moving along or not. Or if there is some intelligent question that I can ask them that might give me a hint about whats going on? All you help is GREATLY DEEPLY and TRUELY appreciated - and I can talk for everyone here!!

I will give DOS a call on Thursday. Was planning to call today but no cell minutes :(

Timeline

Assalaamu Alaikum,

My wife recently had her interview.... they handed her a pink paper (it doesnt say anything about AP) and took fingerprints. They said they will mail the passport after some processing... does this mean we are on AP?

Jazkallah Khair

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Interview - June 2007 - on AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
These are the IR-1 document requirements as listed in the packet 3.5 that Mary had posted a few pages back:

----------------------------------------

1. Form DS-230 Part 1 and II (All questions on the form must be answered)

2. Birth Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

English Translation of the Birth Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

3. Marriage Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

English Translation of the Marriage Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

4. Death Certificate (Original and one photocopy) if applicable

English Translation of the Death Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

5. Divorce Certificate (Original and one photocopy) if applicable

English Translation of the Divorce Certificate (Original and one photocopy)

6. Applicants who have not submitted an Affidavit of Support with the National Visa Center must submit the following documents:

a. Original, Signed, Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support from the sponsor and notarized by and American notary public or Consular officer at the American Embassy if filing DCF. One I-864 for each derivative applicant and supporting documentation.

b. Complete I-864 with supporting documents from the joint sponsor if needed.

c. Copies of the sponsor’s federal tax returns (Form 1040) for the past (3) years. The newer forms request one year but the embassy asks for all three years.

d. An original job letter and or proof of self- employment from the sponsor.

e. Proof of sponsor’s assets.[/indent][/indent]

7. Photocopy of passport (Valid for 12 months beyond the anticipated visa interview date.)

If you have submitted the I-864 to the NVC stateside just write a cover letter stating that this document was submitted already.

8. Medical Examination Report (Medical examination must be preformed by one of the panel physician’s listed in the booklet)

9. Photographs (Two photographs according to the specifications given in the booklet)

10. (a) Police certificate from your local police jurisdiction.

(cool.gif Police certificate from all countries where you have lived for one year or more since the age of 16 (note this requirement does not apply to residence in the USA or Afghanistan).

----------------------------------------

Questions ...

What do we need to send the embassy back at this stage? All the documents mentioned above sans medical report (since it says schedule medical as close to interview as possible).

Do we send the original marriage certificate etc. and then they schedule interview?

Also, since we sent DS-230 as well as I-864 to NVC, so I trust we just write a statement of this effect? I am curious though, which situation would require those two forms to be not submitted to NVC.

You would send the letter for I-864 that it was submitted to NVC. DS-230 would have to be filled out again. This time it will be part I and II. The only thing is not to sign the part II since it will be signed in front of the CO at the embassy.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

My wife recently had her interview.... they handed her a pink paper (it doesnt say anything about AP) and took fingerprints. They said they will mail the passport after some processing... does this mean we are on AP?

Jazkallah Khair

Did they give her a white paper with the pink slip as well? Either they give you a paper with the information on where to contact AMEX or they give you a letter stating that your case requires further administrative processing.

If they took her fingerprints and said that they will mail the passport after some processing that leads me to believe she is on AP.

Khurram

Hi all,

It took one of friends 6 weeks to get his visa and he did not have any Pakistani Origin.

Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi all,

I know about the pakistani consulate in chicago. It takes one day. I submitted my passport in the morning and got it back with the visa in the afternoon. As I live in Chicago, so it was in-person, I didnt mail it in.

Timeline

When calling DOS try to not to give out too much information on how you know facts. Someone did this with the DHL information and now packets cannot be traced in shipments to the consulate.

When you call be pleasant and I called every Wednesday and made a point to speak nicely to the operator and ask for an update. I would say I am calling for my weekly update. BARBARA was great she would chit chat and look at (BOTH) screens: Jackie was awesome. There are two screens one is the very first one and the second one is the one with newer notes from the consulate or other agencies. I would say are you sure no one has looked at our case since my last call? Then she would say wait and let me read. Do not let them know they have another screen. I made a call log every week with the date, time and 99 percent of the time I always heard sorry your case is still in AP and they will contact him once they are ready to proceed. Some operators have with other cases said it is being with the CO at the consulate. I kept the names of the operators and on my last weekly call to DOS is when they finally said a letter had been mailed to him but they would not disclose any information to me. I knew some of their voices and spoke to them and would say this is Mrs. xxxx and I am calling for my weekly update. Here is a list of the operators and their personalities. Also, some are rude so just say thank you and hang up and you can always call later and maybe get a nicer one. But there is nothing you can do while in AP but call weekly, do not dwell on the wait, and try and keep the communication with your SO upbeat.

Rose/rude

Barbara/good

Jackie/good ****Friendly and caring out of all of them.****

Sharon/okay

Jennifer/okay

Lauren/okay

Raquel/okay

Peejay

Talked to more persons but they refused to give name and were rude.

Mary,

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

What is the average time of AP/AR ??

Zaki

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline

Zaki

Zaki with males it is 6 -9 months unless they have a common name, name hit or something else that the consulate deems needing investigation.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Zaki

My wife was on AP for 3 1/2 months. It usually 3-5 months but this is not guaranteed as we can see people are there for months.

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

12/27/06 - I-129F approved online!

01/02/07 - received NOA2 in mail

NVC:

01/04/07 - Letetr from NVC about the case# and sending electronically to Islamabad

Islamabad Embassy:

01/11/07 - Embassy sends out Packet 3.5/4.0 with the interview scheduled on Feb 06, 2007

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

05/14/2007 Called DOS, they said security check has been completed and an electronic message has been sent to consulate.

05/21/07- My wife has been asked to come to Emabssy and submit I-134 and tax return that embassy can do the final processing.

05/24/07- VISA FINALLY IN HAND, GETTING READY FOR FLY

06-03-07 Arrived to USA, POE JFK

EAD

6/5/07 Application for EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Timeline

My wife got her biometric appointment. How long it will take after biometrics?

ALI

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

12/27/06 - I-129F approved online!

01/02/07 - received NOA2 in mail

NVC:

01/04/07 - Letetr from NVC about the case# and sending electronically to Islamabad

Islamabad Embassy:

01/11/07 - Embassy sends out Packet 3.5/4.0 with the interview scheduled on Feb 06, 2007

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

05/14/2007 Called DOS, they said security check has been completed and an electronic message has been sent to consulate.

05/21/07- My wife has been asked to come to Emabssy and submit I-134 and tax return that embassy can do the final processing.

05/24/07- VISA FINALLY IN HAND, GETTING READY FOR FLY

06-03-07 Arrived to USA, POE JFK

EAD

6/5/07 Application for EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Timeline
My wife got her biometric appointment. How long it will take after biometrics?

ALI

Ali it seems to vary once you have your bio appointment. I was looking in the AOS thread and once you submit your paperwork, the bio appointment is a few weeks to a month later and then the times vary on the final step. Hopefully, it will not take too long.

Timeline

Assalaamu Alaikum,

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Interview - June 2007 - on AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.