Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had her medical in Karachi, Pakistan today and they told her that she does not need any vaccination (she didn't have any record of it either) for K3.

She was given two sealed envelpoes and Xray film to take to the embassy.

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would just make sure this information is correct because as per the instructions sent by the Consulate the only way someone would not need any vaccination is by having a blood test done to show that the the vacines were administered previously. Otherwise one has to have these vacinations administered.

Maybe they did take a blood sample and said this on the basis of the results?

My wife had her medical in Karachi, Pakistan today and they told her that she does not need any vaccination (she didn't have any record of it either) for K3.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Vaccination Requirements

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella <

Pneumococcal

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage. They also do this in the K category too I think. It is cheaper to have these done prior to her coming to the USA and she can get a form from the panel doctor listing these as done prior to her arrival. I would double check to be sure but they do require the vaccinations or a list of them at some time during the processing.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
I would just make sure this information is correct because as per the instructions sent by the Consulate the only way someone would not need any vaccination is by having a blood test done to show that the the vacines were administered previously. Otherwise one has to have these vacinations administered.

Maybe they did take a blood sample and said this on the basis of the results?

They did do a blood test so maybe they determined it after that

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of They also do this in the K category too I think. It is cheaper to have these done prior to her coming to the USA and she can get a form from the panel doctor listing these as done prior to her arrival. I would double check to be sure but they do require the vaccinations or a list of them at some time during the processing.

[/b]

The vaccinations set us back about $200 in the US. He should have done them in Pak! :)

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Timeline
As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of They also do this in the K category too I think. It is cheaper to have these done prior to her coming to the USA and she can get a form from the panel doctor listing these as done prior to her arrival. I would double check to be sure but they do require the vaccinations or a list of them at some time during the processing.

[/b]

The vaccinations set us back about $200 in the US. He should have done them in Pak! :)

I will ask her to contact her doctor for it

Thanks

Khurram

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI everybody, i have been away from the forum due to being busy with job and other things,

but i have always thought about all of you and prayed for everybody.

Yesterday was my interview and here is how it went.

I could only find 2 male applicants including me and 1 candidate for K-1. Most applicants for immigration visa were female.

After depositing fee and submitting passport at window 5 the pakistani guys also asked abt my choice of language, i was then called at window 6 and a pakistani lady collected documents from and asked about the who co-sponsor is and his relationship with me or my wife. Then she told me to wait.

I was called @ window 3 for the interview with counsler officer.

He took full set of finger prints and following questions: -

1. Who petitioned for you?
  2. Where she lives?
  3. What does she do?
  4. when your marriage took place? where?
  5. how u met? and when?
  6. When was marriage decided?
  7. was it a traditional pakistan marriage with mehndi, nikkah, rukhsati?
  8. Who were the witnesses of marriage?
  9. what was the name of "molvi" who solemnized the marriage?
  10. how long she has been in USA?
  11. How she became US citizen?
  12. did she come to see you again? when?
  13. how you keep in touch? (I offered him to see the phone bills and emails, but he said, thats ok, i dont need to see them)
  14. have you ever travelled outside pakistan?
  15. Is this your first passport?
  16. who is your co-sponsor?

He then went through the photos, 3 pocket albums, stopped at a few photos and asked about the people in there. then he asked me to wait for a couple of minutes. and again called me after a couple of minutes. and said, Sir, we have two outstanding issues with your case, 1. We have to do some administrative processing, which will be done in washington and it can take 2 months. 2. We need proof of nationaility of your co-sponsor (oops, i missed this thing in the instructions). I said, Ok, but do u think it can take more then two months, he said, well sir, I have seen case coming back in 2 weeks and i have seen cases taking several several months. He then, said he is keeping my passport and all original documents, including all three albums of photos. He said while while smiling, he will send them to me later on via amex.

Then he gave me three papers, and said I wish you good luck with your case (and he smiled, even though he was friendly thoughout).

Among the papers one is a blue letter stating

"Dear visa applicant, this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under following section(s) of the immigration and Nationality Act. The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertain to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

X. Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuent thereto. The following apply in your case.*

Your case requires additional administrative processing.

-----

-----------

------------

X. Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or following:*

We require a copy of your joint sponsor's proof of citizenship/status in United States.

SO I am on AP right? :) well,,,,, and do u see anything special or different about my interview? or its just like any other interview that ended up in AP?

How can i check for whats going on with my case? can i or my wife call somewhere in US to see whats going on with AP over there?

will they do AP in pakistan (like verification of documents, making calls to parents, field investigations after everything is cleared from USA or in parallel, i hope they do it in parallel, that will atleast safe some time)?

Also, can i travel to USA while this visa is being or some other visa type? as my employer indends to send for to new york for a temporary assignment?

Aftab!

Together we can find a way, or make one!

Aftab N Sadia

-------------------------------------------------

I-130 Processing:

10-30-2006:Mailed I-130

11-06-2006:Recieved NOA-1 Mail

03-01-2007:Approved

03-02-2007:Touched

03-08-2007:Recieved NOA-2 Mail

I-129 Processing:

11-20-2006:Mailed I-129

12-01-2006:Recieved NOA-1 Mail

12-06-2006:Moved from Missouri to VSC

12-09-2006:Touched without change of status

12-12-2006:Touched without change of status

12-13-2006:Touched without change of status

12-15-2006:Touched without change of status

01-10-2007:Touched without change of status

03-01-2007:Approved

03-02-2007:Touched[Left for NVC?]

{Somewhere here NVS Assigns case number}

03-07-2007:Case leaves for embassy[Good Job NVC]

03-08-2007:Recieved NOA-2 Mail

K-3 Processing @ ISL Embassy:

03-12-2007:Embassy Recieves Case

03-16-2007:I email embassy for confirmation

03-20-2007:Embassy replies and confirms about receipt of case,will send K-3 Packet soon

03-26-2007:Embassy Sends out K-3 Packet through TCS

03-28-2007:K-3 Packet is recieved

05-15-2007:Interview

Timeline
HI everybody, i have been away from the forum due to being busy with job and other things,

I could only find 2 male applicants including me and 1 candidate for K-1. Most applicants for immigration visa were female.

After depositing fee and submitting passport at window 5 the pakistani guys also asked abt my choice of language, i was then called at window 6 and a pakistani lady collected documents from and asked about the who co-sponsor is and his relationship with me or my wife. Then she told me to wait.

2. Where she lives?
  3. What does she do?
  5. how u met? and when?
  13. how you keep in touch? (I offered him to see the phone bills and emails, but he said, thats ok, i dont need to see them)

He then went through the photos, 3 pocket albums, stopped at a few photos and asked about the people in there. then he asked me to wait for a couple of minutes. and again called me after a couple of minutes. and said, Sir, we have two outstanding issues with your case, 1. We have to do some administrative processing, which will be done in washington and it can take 2 months. 2. We need proof of nationaility of your co-sponsor (oops, i missed this thing in the instructions). I said, Ok, but do u think it can take more then two months, he said, well sir, I have seen case coming back in 2 weeks and i have seen cases taking several several months. He then, said he is keeping my passport and all original documents, including all three albums of photos. He said while while smiling, he will send them to me later on via amex.

Then he gave me three papers, and said I wish you good luck with your case (and he smiled, even though he was friendly thoughout).

"Dear visa applicant, this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under following section(s) of the immigration and Nationality Act. The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertain to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

X. Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuent thereto. The following apply in your case.*

-----

-----------

------------

X. Further consideration will be given to your visa application after you obtain and present the documents listed above and/or following:*

We require a copy of your joint sponsor's proof of citizenship/status in United States.

SO I am on AP right? :) well,,,,, and do u see anything special or different about my interview? or its just like any other interview that ended up in AP?

How can i check for whats going on with my case? can i or my wife call somewhere in US to see whats going on with AP over there?

will they do AP in pakistan (like verification of documents, making calls to parents, field investigations after everything is cleared from USA or in parallel, i hope they do it in parallel, that will atleast safe some time)?

Also, can i travel to USA while this visa is being or some other visa type? as my employer indends to send for to new york for a temporary assignment?

Aftab!

Almost same questions were asked and end with AP. You just need to send joint sponsor's proof of citizenship rest things are the same as others.

Zaki

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline

Hello,

I am so concerned about this. When I called NVC center I was told that my file was sent to Islamabad on May 07. So I emailed ISB and they only have electronic version and not my actual file it's been over a week?? Should I be concerned. How can I track if package left here?? Please Help :help::help::help:

Timeline

2. Where she lives?
  3. What does she do?
  5. how u met? and when?

-----

-----------

------------

Aftab!

So does this mean one is not approved unless AP is lifted??

Timeline

-----

-----------

------------

We require a copy of your joint sponsor's proof of citizenship/status in United States. Sending in the proper paper will get all your paperwork current and the security checks will be the only pending information; send it in as soon as you can.

SO I am on AP right? :) well,,,,, and do u see anything special or different about my interview? or its just like any other interview that ended up in AP? Yes, your on AP and hope it goes by quickly. They had you submit a full set of prints so it means you have had some type of name hit so be patient it can take weeks or months before it is cleared.

How can i check for whats going on with my case? can i or my wife call somewhere in US to see whats going on with AP over there? Your wife can call DOS here in the states but it will probably not have any updates for two weeks in the begining. Also, if she calls and all she hears is your case is in AP do not panic. Our case never had notes on it until they ajudicated our visa.

will they do AP in pakistan (like verification of documents, making calls to parents, field investigations after everything is cleared from USA or in parallel, i hope they do it in parallel, that will atleast safe some time)? While in AP they can do anything that you posted here and they do field investigation, job investigation and so forth. They will also send your evidence they kept back to you like pictures once your processing is completed.

Also, can i travel to USA while this visa is being or some other visa type? as my employer indends to send for to new york for a temporary assignment? I would not any traveling out of Pakistan if you can wait. You would need your passport and once you claim it and travel your security checks will have to restarted again once this round clears. They cannot cancel security checks once they start and then these would be invalid if you traveled to another country from the time of your tinterview.

Aftab!

Congratulations and now just take the AP one day at a time.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Hello,

I am so concerned about this. When I called NVC center I was told that my file was sent to Islamabad on May 07. So I emailed ISB and they only have electronic version and not my actual file it's been over a week?? Should I be concerned. How can I track if package left here?? Please Help :help::help::help:

Your hard copy may be at the embassy but until someone types it into the system and verifies it page by page it will show as not there yet. Give it a few more days and then email the embassy and ask for an update. Tracking the diplomatic pouches you can see what day you think it left and track but all are just listed by country and does not specifiy the names or types of visas.

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

Track by reference number of I-730 and the date you think it mailed. Also, contact NVC and inquire on the status 603-334-0700 and they can tell you if and when the pouch was sent.

Timeline

2007 Results and AR/AP Statistics

Saeedeh/Ahsan CR-1/IR-1 (Male)Interview Sept 2006,Second AP March 2007 MEDIA CR-1/IR-1 UNKNOWN

TSHAH2006 K-3 UNKNOWN

PAIN07 CR-1/IR-1 (Male) AP second time after approved waiver. Interview 2005 waiver approved fall 2006 1st AP 10/06

CANUHANDLEIT (Male) UNKNOWN

SUFI CR-I/IR-1 (FEMALE), and kids interview July 31, 2007

MISSINGHIM K-3 (Male) UNKNOWN

ASISUN K-3 UNKNOWN

NASIR K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON ????? VISA RECEIVED In December 2006

MICHIGAN K-3 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 01, NOV,2005 VISA RECEIVED ON 02,NOV,2006

A1V K-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON O9, JUNE 2006 ON AP

HAFIZ K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 01,SEPT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 14, SEPT,2006

AE4EVER K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 13, SEPT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 20, SEPT 2006

SABAHK99 K-3 INTERVIEW ON 15, SEPT,2006 ON AP

RKHALID CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 06, OCT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 30, DEC,2006

TIMEFRAME CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON MAY,2006 ON AP

DDX K-1 INTERVIEW ON MAY,2006 ON AP

NAIR1 CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON APR,2006 ON AP

GHATTIYA CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 20, APRIL,2006 ON AP

JULIEYANN CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 01, AUG,2006 VISA RECEIVED 26, FEB,2007

FOOKI CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 07, DEC,2006 ON AP

FASEL CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 13, DEC,2006 VISA RECEIVED 15, MAR,2007

SAEED CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 05 JAN,2007 on AP

SK782 K-3 (Male) INTERVIEW ON ????? VISA RECEIVED 26, JAN,2007

PITTBULL K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 30, JAN,2007 VISA RECEIVED 14, FEB,2007

ADIL KHAN K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 30, JAN,2007 ????????

QUEST234 K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 06,FEB,2007 VISA RECEIVED 14, FEB,2007

DUDE4084 CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 12, FEB,2007 ???????

CED8 K-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 20, FEB,2007 VISA RECEIVED 04, MAR,2007

FAK CR-1/1R-1 (Male) (PK-CANADA) INTERVIEW ON 21, FEB,2007 ON AP

INFINITBOY CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) 2007 INTERVIEW ON 06 MAR,2007 VISA RECEIVED MARCH 13, 2007

TAKRAM2000 K-3 (Female) and kids INTERVIEW ON 06, MAR, 2007 arrived in states March 23, 2007

DLG K-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 12, MAR,2007 ???????

FAAL4ANISA K-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 13, MAR,2007 ON AP

BABYBUNNY CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON AUG,2005 STILL ON AP(THRICE) 21, MAR,2007

AXYOUSU1 K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 25, APR,2007

DESPERADO K-1 INTERVIEW ON 27, MAR,2007 ON AP

KJO K-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 27, MAR,2007 ON AP

ZAKI CR-1/IR-1 (Male) INTERVIEW ON 29, MAR,2007 ON AP

AFTAB&SADIA K-3 INTERVIEW ON 15, MAY,2007on AP

ZEYAD K-3 NOA-1 11, JAN,2007

OASRIZ K-3(FEMALE) Interview June 5, 2007

.NetFan CR-1 (Male) Interviewed March 15, 2007 on AP

Maranello K3 (female) interviewed 12/01/2006 on AP

Khurram Seraj (female) interview 05/29/2007

Ali1978 K3 (female) Feb 06,2007 on AR and now April 27th on AP

XStrangerX2007 CR-1/ IR-1 (Male) interview July 25, 2007

Hp81 K3 (Male) case at CSC

Chigal K-3 (Male) Interview November 2006 and on AP

Chicago CR-1/IR-1 (Female) Interview June 2007

Timeline
They did do a blood test so maybe they determined it after that

The blood test more than likely was the HIV/AIDS test. All applicants have this test prior to approval to come to the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.