aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Khurram and Jaxguy. My wife live in karachi but I don't think there is much difference. Congrat Khurram for your wife's homecoming :thumbs: and good luck jaxguy for upcoming interview

Thank you, she will be coming with to the US on the 12th of Jan 08

Why wait this long??? My wife will be sitting in a US bound plane one week after she gets passport with visa :)

I totally agree with Jaxguy :lol:

The reason is that I am going to go there in a week or so and stay there and come with me

-Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hey everyone oki gorii sure i will keep everyone update . ok one more Q/ my wife sent her 2pics with packet 3.5 rite . and today when she got her packet 4. it has her both pics sent back to her is that normal . i mean i dont get it y do they ask for it on the 1st place . and the packet does not say y they were sent back or anyother information . anyway thanks to Allah that she is going to have her interview in june . and also thanks all u VJs for beeing so kind . anyway take care all talk to u soooooon :dance:

I don't know why they would send it back but I would have her take it to her Interview just in case they sent it back by mistake

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I want to tell that my sister who is student and applied first time for visit visa of USA and she got it. She was also on AP and she got her multiple visa in two weeks after her interview so there may be chances especially for the females that they get visa soon as compare to males so i especially say all thoses females to keep their finger cross and rays of happiness are not far away you never know when GOD bless u with happiness.

God bless us all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I want to tell that my sister who is student and applied first time for visit visa of USA and she got it. She was also on AP and she got her multiple visa in two weeks after her interview so there may be chances especially for the females that they get visa soon as compare to males so i especially say all thoses females to keep their finger cross and rays of happiness are not far away you never know when GOD bless u with happiness.

God bless us all

Haan, that's true......at one time they were rarely doing ap on females from my understanding....I was shocked to learn just about everyone now is going on it...welcome to 2007 now though!

hi everyone . I just called DOS and guess what the interview date has been issued. but i am very upset here . june 6th of next yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o oooooooooh come on thats very much unfair to the immigrants after waitting for sooooo long thats what we get . anyway friends i have one thing to ask is there way to get an earlier date, can i request or anyting like that . cuz i am planing to go to pakistan next month . :help: plz let me know if there anyting can be done . thanks

Hi. Maybe you can call or email the embassy, but from what I hear lately the interviews have been scheduled anywhere from 4-6 months away. I am planning on being in Pakistan next summer for a few months and I am hoping that my fiance will have his interview by then, but from the way things look I don't know.

all of us want earlier intvw dates....no there's no way to get it......you can't even callk anymore. we are also travelling to pk...but even the birth of my husbands child doesnt warrant faster timing....we all have to wait in line......and yes, it is stinky to wait so long after all this.....thank the illegals

I cant believe they scheduling interviews so far away. Then to think u have the wait again on AP, that really stinks :angry: :angry:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for being disappear. I was actually in Pakistan. ok, please help me in this especially Khuraam, jaxguy and scartalk because you all have gone through the process.

The NVC farwarded the case to Islamabad couple of days ago and Now I have to change both my wife's Physicall address in Pakistan and her Phone numbers. can anyone tell me what is the best way of doing it. Should I email Islamabad Embassy??

Also, if we do not recieve Packet 3 or 3.5(whichever is the first Packet), can we mail all the docs when we know that they have sent it. I know the first Packet contains the Medical infi, but we alraedy know where she needs to go to do the medical. What I am asking is that Do we need something from the Packet to send it back to the embassy just like The NVC Barcode?? Or can we mail all the docs by ourselves.

Below is the list of docs that I believe We will neeed to mail to teh emabassy in order to get the IR1/CR1 interview letter.

1) Birth Certificate (Original and Translation) and One photocopy

2) Marriage Certificate( Original and Translation) and one Photocopy

3) Copy of the passport biograhic page

4) DS-230 (Both Part 1 and Part 2, but part 2 not signed)

5) A statement from my wife that I have already paid all the Fees at NVC). I am also planning to send her the letters from NVC that the Fees have been paid

Please tell me freinds if I am missing something from the list. Please Reply! Thank you!! Regards, kim

Hello everyone!

Sorry for being disappear. I was actually in Pakistan. ok, please help me in this especially Khuraam, jaxguy and scartalk because you all have gone through the process.

The NVC farwarded the case to Islamabad couple of days ago and Now I have to change both my wife's Physicall address in Pakistan and her Phone numbers. can anyone tell me what is the best way of doing it. Should I email Islamabad Embassy??

Also, if we do not recieve Packet 3 or 3.5(whichever is the first Packet), can we mail all the docs when we know that they have sent it. I know the first Packet contains the Medical infi, but we alraedy know where she needs to go to do the medical. What I am asking is that Do we need something from the Packet to send it back to the embassy just like The NVC Barcode?? Or can we mail all the docs by ourselves.

Below is the list of docs that I believe We will neeed to mail to teh emabassy in order to get the IR1/CR1 interview letter.

5) A statement from my wife that I have already paid all the Fees at NVC). I am also planning to send her the letters from NVC that the Fees have been paid

Please tell me freinds if I am missing something from the list. Please Reply! Thank you!! Regards, kim

Ya, sorry, I know I missed the Police Report from the abvove list. Is there anthing else that I need besides that.

Timeline
Hello everyone!

Ya, sorry, I know I missed the Police Report from the abvove list. Is there anthing else that I need besides that.

You will need to email the embassy with your case number and the ben and pet. names and dob..and let them know your new address. DON'T send anything before you get your packet...it'll be tossed! let them know in the email you need a new packet sent. YOu may also want to call Nvc here in the states....this is what I was told to do...but make sure you email the embassy and hang on to your documents until you receive the letter. Best of luck! Heading to PK myself in Dec

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi KIM-786

According to my information u r missing two forms that u had to send when u get your 3.5 packet and that is the only packet u gonna get from TCS and they charge you 200 rupees for the packet saying that this is embassy charged u. I think u had to fill one 157 and 156 form i think they are DS forms 157 & 156 and one form parents information sheet that u can get from the american express hopefully this will help u

God bless us all

Hi KIM-786

According to my information u r missing two forms that u had to send when u get your 3.5 packet and that is the only packet u gonna get from TCS and they charge you 200 rupees for the packet saying that this is embassy charged u. I think u had to fill one 157 and 156 form i think they are DS forms 157 & 156 and one form parents information sheet that u can get from the american express hopefully this will help u

God bless us all

Thanks for your help! But I think the forms you are talking about are only for K1 and K3 Visa and Not for IR1/CR1. The parents' form, I think, she will fill out on the day of interview.

Anyone, plesae correct me if I am wrong.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi KIM-786

God bless us all

Thanks for your help! But I think the forms you are talking about are only for K1 and K3 Visa and Not for IR1/CR1. The parents' form, I think, she will fill out on the day of interview.

The best way to change your wife's address is you have to write a letter including all the potential information and sign and date it and then you can scan and send it via email. That's how I had to do it in my case. they won't just except an email they need your signature.

Timeline
Hi KIM-786

God bless us all

The best way to change your wife's address is you have to write a letter including all the potential information and sign and date it and then you can scan and send it via email. That's how I had to do it in my case. they won't just except an email they need your signature.

That's not a bad idea, but it wasn't necc. in my case, I actually just did it over the phone....but things change so regularly!

Timeline

Hi every one, i call the department of state 3 days ago and they told me security clearnce is done for your wife earlier this month ( many thanks to Allah) , and there computer is telling...waiting for joint sponsor ship, i was shock because my lawyer allready send the joint sponsor ship in july 2007, like after one month of interview and they verfied its been received. I am very confused why they did not inform my wife or my lawyer that they need joint sponsor ship, because they lost it. DOS visa officer told me if i were you i will send a new sponsor ship letter.I told my lawyer and she is sending a new one to the embassy.

can any one have any idea whats going on ?????

i am making enough money now , and i have a stable income, my lawyer is also sending my three months pay stubs and a job letter to show it to them that so far in 6 month petitioner had earned 18,500 USD, he can support his family.

mary khurram, gori i need your suggestion about the current situation.

islamabad is not responding to my calls, emails probably they are behind due to hollidays.

advance thanks

well i my wife got here interview appointment for AOS(adjustment of status)

how is everyone doing.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi every one, i call the department of state 3 days ago and they told me security clearnce is done for your wife earlier this month ( many thanks to Allah) , and there computer is telling...waiting for joint sponsor ship, i was shock because my lawyer allready send the joint sponsor ship in july 2007, like after one month of interview and they verfied its been received. I am very confused why they did not inform my wife or my lawyer that they need joint sponsor ship, because they lost it. DOS visa officer told me if i were you i will send a new sponsor ship letter.I told my lawyer and she is sending a new one to the embassy.

can any one have any idea whats going on ?????

i am making enough money now , and i have a stable income, my lawyer is also sending my three months pay stubs and a job letter to show it to them that so far in 6 month petitioner had earned 18,500 USD, he can support his family.

mary khurram, gori i need your suggestion about the current situation.

islamabad is not responding to my calls, emails probably they are behind due to hollidays.

advance thanks

Send new or updated information to them as soon as you can. I will say that they can still ask for a joint sponsor but it is worth a try to just have you as her sponsor since they may say the history is not long enough. Good luck.

JP and I are headed to the hospital and it looks like he will be in surgery most of the day, so please remember us and the surgeon today.

Mary

well i my wife got here interview appointment for AOS(adjustment of status)

how is everyone doing.

Good luck on the AOS.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.