aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

KHURRAM SERAJ,

Any news from consulate regarding your spouse visa. I am in same situation like you except that my wife and 4 year old daughter on AP since 20th june, its almost 4 month and case is still pending. I hope soon it will clear for all of us.

salman

Eid Mubark

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi,

KHURRAM SERAJ,

Any news from consulate regarding your spouse visa. I am in same situation like you except that my wife and 4 year old daughter on AP since 20th june, its almost 4 month and case is still pending. I hope soon it will clear for all of us.

salman

Eid Mubark

Assalam o alaikum, Eid Mubarak!

No news yet, I have emailed the embassy again today and will everyone know if there is an update, Good luck!

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Hello

I am living in U.S.A and am a US citizen. I have applied for my fiance and he is planned to come soon since he has already got the k-1visa. The problem is that I do not wish to marry him any more because we broke up. I want to cancel this process. How do I cancel this process?

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am now in the process of filling out the I-134 (Affidavit of Support). I am stuck on questions #11.

#11. I ?? intend ?? do not intend.......to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

check "I intend" and write "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )"

Here is a sample for your help

great!! thanks alot!!!

Hope to get the Visa in Islamabad soon!! I hope by the end of the month but I dont think the case has left CSC yet!!! :crying:

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone, wanted to post a non-immigration related question ... Anoybody on the forum have information on VoIP services in Pakistan, specifically Islamabad? I want to know if there are any companies offering residential VoIP service in Pakistan? If there are, how reliable are they and how is the quality? I'm currently using Packet 8 to give mother in law a US ph # so that she can stay in touch with my wife. however if I were to get a Pakistani ph #, then that allows us to stay in touch with a lot more people. Any information would be much appreciated ...

Shahab

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

Timeline
Hello everyone, wanted to post a non-immigration related question ... Anoybody on the forum have information on VoIP services in Pakistan, specifically Islamabad? I want to know if there are any companies offering residential VoIP service in Pakistan? If there are, how reliable are they and how is the quality? I'm currently using Packet 8 to give mother in law a US ph # so that she can stay in touch with my wife. however if I were to get a Pakistani ph #, then that allows us to stay in touch with a lot more people. Any information would be much appreciated ...

Shahab

Did you consider BrainTel?

http://braintel.net.pk/ipphones.htm

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shahab

I use Get call (http://click2dial.net/getcall.php) which gives me a local number for Pakistan then I forwards it Grand central (http://grandcentral.com) which offers a free hunt group so when someone calls me from Pakistan it is local to them and my home, work and cell phone all ring at the same time and I can pick up the call where I can.

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Timeline
Hi,

KHURRAM SERAJ,

salman

Eid Mubark

No news yet, I have emailed the embassy again today and will everyone know if there is an update, Good luck!

Eid Mubarak as well as Belated Eid Mubarak to other,

Guys would like to know the some trends in regards to Scheduling of Interview was IR1/CR1 Cases at Islamabad. With the grace of God the process has been Smooth so far and hope it will be over in the same fashion and sooner. My Wife Received the Instruction packet 3 from Consulate last week and we are going to submit the papers they requested soon. My only concern is scheduled Date of interview given by Consulate in Islamabad. I have heard that consulate is scheduling Interview as far as Jan or Feb for Interviews for some people (heard this for Attorny). Have you guys experienced this or heard anything like that. according to couple of timelines it seem like interviews are scheduled like month to month and half apart.

Any Updates or experiences will be appreciate. Thanks Alot. (May Allah Help you All, Inshallah.)

Timeline

Well according to BrainTel's website they are available only in Lahore, I don't know how up to date it is. I'm looking for service in Islamabad. GrandCentral looks cool ...

shahab

Shahab

Did you consider BrainTel?

http://braintel.net.pk/ipphones.htm

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

Timeline
Hi,

KHURRAM SERAJ,

salman

Eid Mubark

Eid Mubarak as well as Belated Eid Mubarak to other,

Guys would like to know the some trends in regards to Scheduling of Interview was IR1/CR1 Cases at Islamabad. With the grace of God the process has been Smooth so far and hope it will be over in the same fashion and sooner. My Wife Received the Instruction packet 3 from Consulate last week and we are going to submit the papers they requested soon. My only concern is scheduled Date of interview given by Consulate in Islamabad. I have heard that consulate is scheduling Interview as far as Jan or Feb for Interviews for some people (heard this for Attorny). Have you guys experienced this or heard anything like that. according to couple of timelines it seem like interviews are scheduled like month to month and half apart.

Any Updates or experiences will be appreciate. Thanks Alot. (May Allah Help you All, Inshallah.)

Congratulations on getting your packet and sending it back soon. The disappointing news is that they are taking a long time to schdule interviews like your attorney told you. I know since I have been on VJ over two years that it is taking 4-6 months for interviews of any kind from Islamabad and in our case it was 6 months. This consulate is very busy and understaffed and all you can do is ask them to move the interview up if they have any openings. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am in tennessee and had to file for the adjustment of status wanting to know where i had to mail my documents for my AOS & EAD in which USCIS office. I made a call at 1 800 375 5283 and could not clearly understand where i had to send my petition so i will be obliged to tell me where actually i had to send my petition so it dont go to wrong uscis office

Looking forward for your kind response

thanks and God bless us all

Timeline

Hi,

I'm a US citizen. I got married in April 2007 in Pakistan. After consulting with friends, I filled i130 when I received the receipt notice then I sent i129f along with receipt notice on i130. Yesterday I received email from USCIS updating me that approval letter for i129f and i130 are sent.

Now I need you guys to advise me whether I should drop i129f and proceed with i130 or drop i130 and proceed with i129f?

Couple of my friends who only filled i130 are waiting for the interview date. One guy got interview date after 6 months and the other got date after 7 months Ghee that's long time.

If I go the i130 route then obviously it's going to take may be 10 months before my wife gets visa however if I understood correctly i129f is much quicker then that but don't know the timeline between the approval and visa?

Also if someone can please explain what's the process like once my wife enters US on i129f.

Thanks,

Rainbow007

Timeline
Hi,

I'm a US citizen. I got married in April 2007 in Pakistan. After consulting with friends, I filled i130 when I received the receipt notice then I sent i129f along with receipt notice on i130. Yesterday I received email from USCIS updating me that approval letter for i129f and i130 are sent.

Now I need you guys to advise me whether I should drop i129f and proceed with i130 or drop i130 and proceed with i129f?

Couple of my friends who only filled i130 are waiting for the interview date. One guy got interview date after 6 months and the other got date after 7 months Ghee that's long time.

If I go the i130 route then obviously it's going to take may be 10 months before my wife gets visa however if I understood correctly i129f is much quicker then that but don't know the timeline between the approval and visa?

Also if someone can please explain what's the process like once my wife enters US on i129f.

Thanks,

Rainbow007

From asmo:

Salaam Rainbow,

Here is a link to pakistani community forum. You will get better and fast response. According to recent approval in Islamabad, for K3 (3-4 month) and CR/IR(6 month). I dont think you will have a choice which one to pick. Your K3 will go much earlier than I130. I130 stays in NVC for more than 2 month where I129 only stays for couple of weeks. Good luck to your journey :thumbs:

Here is a link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=79&st=4680

asmo

Timeline
Salaam Rainbow,

Here is a link to pakistani community forum. You will get better and fast response. According to recent approval in Islamabad, for K3 (3-4 month) and CR/IR(6 month). I dont think you will have a choice which one to pick. Your K3 will go much earlier than I130. I130 stays in NVC for more than 2 month where I129 only stays for couple of weeks. Good luck to your journey :thumbs:

Here is a link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=79&st=4680

asmo

W/Salaam,

Thanks for the info Asmo. I have heard that if I go for i129F then there's a lot of paper work that need to be done once my wife arrives in US and hearing from people that it's better that my wife waits in Pakistan and comes through i130 and she will get her Green card immediately.

It's difficult to wait for 10-12 months if I go for i130 however at the same time if I go for i129f I hope it won't create too much headache for me as I'm working professional and can't take days off to collect proper papers etc...

Please advise!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.