aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

slam everyone,,and mary sis,dont worry ur son will be fine inshAllah.i will pray for him.

and congrats jaxguy....8april...more than six months...we are in same boat.i am going through 5 and half months wait.but dont worry just pray to Allah and every thing will be alright.

khurram best of luck for ur case too.hope u will get good news from embassy soon.

remember me in ur prayers too.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I called the DOS today and they said that my wife's case was being processed at the embassy, so I asked if her security clearence was complete and they said yes. So what happens now ?

Congratulations and hope you get an email back soon with good news!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and for all the prayers. I really believe in prayers and appreciate all of them. I just came back from Jummah prayers and as always everyone of you are remembered daily from my side. Thanks again.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
khurram best of luck for ur case too.hope u will get good news from embassy soon.

remember me in ur prayers too.

Thanks and I pray for all of us going through this painful and depressing process

Khurram

Congratulations and hope you get an email back soon with good news!

Thanks Mary

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi MarynMian

In this blessing month of RAMDAN not only me but all these people comes here pray for your son and inshallah he will be fine and get well soon.

Khurrum Seraj,

Its a good news that your case is finally be processed at islamabad embassy i was also told by my fiancee that my case is in islamabad for final processing and then one day finally i got a call from american express to collect my passport with VISA and ENVELOPE.

Hopefully u also soon hear this good news. Inshallah.

Jaxquy,

Delighted to know u got the interview date and yes u can request embassy for an early date so keep your finger cross.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
As for me (old timers know about son) we got more bad news and two more surgeries are to be performed end of November. We got confirmation he is totally deaf in his left ear. This will be about his 15th and 16th surgery since 2002 so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Inshallah Mary your son will be fine. We are all praying.

Zaki

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline
Khurrum Seraj,

Its a good news that your case is finally be processed at islamabad embassy i was also told by my fiancee that my case is in islamabad for final processing and then one day finally i got a call from american express to collect my passport with VISA and ENVELOPE.

Hopefully u also soon hear this good news. Inshallah.

Thank you and inshallah. Just curious....how long after your fiancee told you about processing in Islamabad embassy did you get a call from american express?

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Timeline

My wife had her interview (CR1) in islamabad yesterday, and after 5 min. of questioning about me and my family, the lady there started asking about my wife's previous marriage. She started scrutinizing the divorce document. My wife took the divorce document that she had received from the The union office administration in karachi, but apparently that was not sufficient and they needed additional document. The objection letter says that they need the court issued divorce document and the administrative processing paperwork. But my understanding is that the local council offices issue the divorce certificate. They told her that it may take 2-3 mnths to process everything. After raising the objection they asked her to send her passport along with the additional documentation.

I am trying to get all of the requested information together, the interview was on monday 0ct 5, and I am planning to send everything back by next week.

My questions are:

1) What is the most reliable documentation that I can get for them in karachi pakistan

2) How long does it really take from this point, is the 2-3 mnths time for real

3) What do they specifically need when they say administrative processing paperwork for the divorce

4) If you have been thru this please let me know what should I do.

I'm really depressed with this whole deal, I dont know how long its going to take to have my wife here with me. I was expecting them to ask more question regarding my marriage instead they drilled the hell out of her previous marriage documentation. I would really appreciate any feedback, I am not sure what is the right course of action at this point. Please respond as soon as possible, I'm trying to send out the infoby next week. Thanks ya'll, I would really appreciate any guidance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

AA,

Just wanted to wish you all luck in this tiring and long process. Inshallah, I hope we all get reunited with our families. My fiance and I toyed with the idea of doing the wedding in lhr and just switching to k3/cr1 and cancelling k1, as engagements this long just aren't done in our families. However, it seems for everyone on VJ those are taking just as long!! So we'll just go the k1 route.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Timeline
My wife had her interview (CR1) in islamabad yesterday, and after 5 min. of questioning about me and my family, the lady there started asking about my wife's previous marriage. She started scrutinizing the divorce document. My wife took the divorce document that she had received from the The union office administration in karachi, but apparently that was not sufficient and they needed additional document. The objection letter says that they need the court issued divorce document and the administrative processing paperwork. But my understanding is that the local council offices issue the divorce certificate. They told her that it may take 2-3 mnths to process everything. After raising the objection they asked her to send her passport along with the additional documentation.

I am trying to get all of the requested information together, the interview was on monday 0ct 5, and I am planning to send everything back by next week.

My questions are:

1) What is the most reliable documentation that I can get for them in karachi pakistan

3) What do they specifically need when they say administrative processing paperwork for the divorce

I'm really depressed with this whole deal, I dont know how long its going to take to have my wife here with me. I was expecting them to ask more question regarding my marriage instead they drilled the hell out of her previous marriage documentation. I would really appreciate any feedback, I am not sure what is the right course of action at this point. Please respond as soon as possible, I'm trying to send out the infoby next week. Thanks ya'll, I would really appreciate any guidance.

I don't have much to add, but I wanted to wish you luck in dealing with this. Sounds to me like embassy has concerns about the previous marriage ending which might also be reflected in the current marriage. Others will likely have better input, but I would also suggest letters from friends and family, lots of pictures of your marriage, proof of current ongoing relationship - phone bills etc as additional documents.

BTW, it might be more helpful if you share more details as to processing dates, etc.

Timeline
How long does it take if you get an objection on your interview due to lack of prior marriage termination documentation.

I hope someone can help you here, have you also posted this as a new topic on the forum?

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Timeline
How long does it take if you get an objection on your interview due to lack of prior marriage termination documentation.

I hope someone can help you here, have you also posted this as a new topic on the forum?

Yes, I did, I have'nt heard back from alot a people.

Timeline

My questions are:

I don't have much to add, but I wanted to wish you luck in dealing with this. Sounds to me like embassy has concerns about the previous marriage ending which might also be reflected in the current marriage. Others will likely have better input, but I would also suggest letters from friends and family, lots of pictures of your marriage, proof of current ongoing relationship - phone bills etc as additional documents.

BTW, it might be more helpful if you share more details as to processing dates, etc.

My case went to islamabad in beginning of april and the intrview date was for Oct. They asked a few basic question about texas and stuff, and the asked her to send her passport along with the missing documentation. She had all the pics and stuff on her!

As for me (old timers know about son) we got more bad news and two more surgeries are to be performed end of November. We got confirmation he is totally deaf in his left ear. This will be about his 15th and 16th surgery since 2002 so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Mary

My wife and I hope and pray that your son's next surgery is a success. May you and your husband find strength in these tough times!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.