2,974 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

I never sent psychologist reports nor medical or police records with my I-360 vawa. My case is pending since 2019. Can I get counseling now and send them a report or it's too late? I still have nightmares about my abuser.

I am a little confused. How is your case related to this thread? And how come it's still pending?

In another thread you mentioned you filed a I-751 meaning you already have a conditional green card. According to you, I-751 petition was already denied, so you need to refile it with a lawyer and more evidence.

Yes, you can see a therapist still and use it in new I-751 petition. There's nothing to send to USCIS until you file a new petition.

Also, expect a question about this evidence, e.g. why you only saw therapist after I-751 denial.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your lawyer informed already NSC that he is no longer representing you , but you need to send a letter to NSC informing your new address.

Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me how to check whether the change of address was successful on the website of the Immigration Department? I would love to know if the sent AR-11 has been received by USCIS and has been changed in the system, thank you for your help!

On today’s Topic of wins and frustrations with lawyers, allow me to share. 

Win: 

My removal proceedings have been terminated with just a prima facie. 
This is a MAJOR WIN for me because i have been i removal and feeling paralyzed since 2018. 

Frustration:

I had to push my lawyer to file for the prosecutorial discretion. It’s been pending for MONTHS! The last update i had was in January and it was still pending. 
I had to email my lawyer, 3 times the past week, to get an update on the case. Come to find out, it’s been terminated since Feb 8 and she didn’t tell me. 
I could’ve already filed 485 and a damn work permit by now but she kept the info to herself. 
This is because she knows I’m not filling those with her. I’ll do it on my own.

We had an agreement before she took my case to pay $4500 for the whole process including filing I360, termination of removal and eventually filing I485 and going to interview. But, she decided to changer her mind midway, and was like “Noo, you’ll have to pay $2500 more for the I485 part” which I declined so whatever! 

Verdict:

I’m happy but so frustrated as well. 

Can you awesome people help me on how i can file these things on my own? 

EEB60259-9C34-4E3E-8CD2-961B3EBA917E.jpeg

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

I saw several cases that VSC asked to submit form l601 and after a while they returned the l601 saying that  they didn’t need the l601,  and they didn’t cash the check .

Does it mean i601 is no more required to waive whatever fraud or misrepresentation ou unlawful presence ? If they return it, what happen to the i485 pending ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Koi1 said:

frustrations with lawyers

Remember:  99% of lawyers give the rest of them a bad name.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/7/2023 at 2:41 PM, sandranj said:

Is there anyone here who had therapy sessions in Florida? If yes,could you please give  me the psychologist name.Thanks.

Hello , I had a psychological evaluation with her in Miami she was amazing and a huge add on to my case 

https://www.taniaparedes.com

hope this helps 

5 hours ago, Koi1 said:

today’s Topic of wins and frustrations with lawyers, allow me to share. 

Win: 

My removal proceedings have been terminated with just a prima facie. 
This is a MAJOR WIN for me because i have been i removal and feeling paralyzed since 2018. 

Frustration:

I had to push my lawyer to file for the prosecutorial discretion. It’s been pending for MONTHS! The last update i had was in January and it was still pending. 
I had to email my lawyer, 3 times the past week, to get an update on the case. Come to find out, it’s been terminated since Feb 8 and she didn’t tell me. 
I could’ve already filed 485 and a damn work permit by now but she kept the info to herself. 
This is because she knows I’m not filling those with her. I’ll do it on my own.

We had an agreement before she took my case to pay $4500 for the whole process including filing I360, termination of removal and eventually filing I485 and going to interview. But, she decided to changer her mind midway, and was like “Noo, you’ll have to pay $2500 more for the I485 part” which I declined so whatever! 

Verdict:

I’m happy but so frustrated as wel

Congratulations on the Win. You can prepare an adjustment packet as follows: I-485, I-1765, I-131, and I-864W , medical exam I-693 ( note it’s ok to file without medicals and wait for RFE down the line). 
If you are low income you can request a fee waiver , I-912 for the adjustment and work permit.

Include a copy of the pending I-360 prima facia determination/ receipt, birth , marriage certificates  proof of entry and of course the termination of removal order. Keep copy of all . 

Edited by Family

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Does it mean i601 is no more required to waive whatever fraud or misrepresentation ou unlawful presence ? If they return it, what happen to the i485 pending ?

If they sent the waiver back stating that they don’t need anymore then they will adjudicate now your l485 ,”.

Timeline
On 2/23/2023 at 12:14 AM, Amy wang said:

Thank you very much for your help! I immediately wrote a release letter to my attorney. Also, could you please help me to check, is my letter to VSC written correctly? Declaration letter: Dear immigration officer, my name is XX, my A number is XXXX, I declare that I will cancel my case represented by XX lawyer, and I will continue my case by myself. All future notices about my case, please mail to I. My email is XXX, my receiving address is XXX, and my phone number is XXX. The declarant is XX. Is this correct? Or can you give me a correct version? Please guide me, Thank you!

You are asking  immigration to terminate your case.Write asap and mention  that you “ended your legal representation and you will represent yourself”, and give your address.

8 hours ago, Family said:

Congratulations on the Win. You can prepare an adjustment packet as follows: I-485, I-1765, I-131, and I-864W , medical exam I-693 ( note it’s ok to file without medicals and wait for RFE down the line). 
If you are low income you can request a fee waiver , I-912 for the adjustment and work permit.

Include a copy of the pending I-360 prima facia determination/ receipt, birth , marriage certificates  proof of entry and of course the termination of removal order. Keep copy of all . 

Thank you so much. 

I will start preparing that ASAP! 

If they approve my combo card before vawa is adjudicated, would it be ok to travel out of the country? Seeing as how i was in removal before?

Timeline
On 2/22/2023 at 2:02 PM, Amy wang said:

Hello everyone, I need help, I want to fire my lawyer, I sent VSC a letter of dismissal of my lawyer two months ago, I have not received a reply from VSC, am I doing something wrong? What should I do to fire my lawyer? I want to proceed with my case by myself, please help me, how can I do it

Send a letter to your attorney ending the legal representation and write to NSC and inform that you are representing yourself and submit s copy of the letter you sent to your attorney.Give Uscis your current address as well.

Timeline
On 2/22/2023 at 2:02 PM, Amy wang said:

Hello everyone, I need help, I want to fire my lawyer, I sent VSC a letter of dismissal of my lawyer two months ago, I have not received a reply from VSC, am I doing something wrong? What should I do to fire my lawyer? I want to proceed with my case by myself, please help me, how can I do it

Uscis will not reply to your letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.