2,974 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

I can understand the confusion. When I received the card in August 2023, I assumed it was a combo card. This is based on the fact, I received a similar card in May 2021, and I used that card to reenter the country in August 2022.

As I mentioned, the USCIS stopped producing combo cards at the end of 2022.  The card I received in 2023 was simply my I-131 card, which looks like a combination card. Though it doesn't have my I-765 attached to it.  When I told my lawyer I was leaving the country, she never told me that my I-765 was pending. Nor anything about me leaving the country. She didn't tell me the combination cards are no longer being produced.  And this is why I'm in this situation

I-131 is what you need to re-enter the country. If you had valid one - no problem.

I don't understand what I-765 has to do with the entry to the US...

Edited by OldUser

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

You should contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf, if you don't have an attorney representing you.

If I don’t hear anything by the end of the month, I’ll reach out to my congressperson. I filled the renewal on my own but my lawyer handles my Vawa case and stuff.
Thank you for the advice 

I-131 is what you need to re-enter the country. If you had valid one - no problem.

I don't understand what I-765 has to do with the entry to the US...

Argh. I see my problem now.  Sorry, I was typing this late last night and early this morning. I was confused about the definition of the I-131 and I-765.  You're correct the I-765 is used for reentering the country and the I-131 is for work authorization.

The card that I received was only for my I-765, or my work authorization, AND not my I-131

Edited by CanadianTank
Quoting is still a weird issue for me :/

31 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

The card that I received was only for my I-765, or my work authorization, AND not my I-131

So how did you enter? What are the stamps in your passport if any?

I'm not 100% sure what status you're in and whether you're admissable for the purposes of new I-485. That might be a question to a lawyer.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

Argh. I see my problem now.  Sorry, I was typing this late last night and early this morning. I was confused about the definition of the I-131 and I-765.  You're correct the I-765 is used for reentering the country and the I-131 is for work authorization.

The I-131 is used  for advance parole, and the The I-765 for work permit.

My Vawa got approved and now I’m awaiting for medical RFE and then interview and/or approval. My question is: can I get my medical done already? They haven’t asked yet but I’m in Medical school and since I’m having a slower semester right now I would like to get everything I can done. How long is the medical form good for? I appreciate your help. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/13/2023 at 8:26 PM, Ozy7 said:

Fam I appreciate your warm and kind words… you’ve been waiting 41 months…. And you did not know it was under security check? The only thing I can do is wait. Did u get any rfe:(

Apologies for the late response. I received an RFE and I responded last July (2022) after which I received an update that USCIS will continue working on my case. Since then....radio silence. I am not much worried anymore because using my AP, I travelled home last December/Jan this year. With my work authorization, I secured a great job in 2021 and even just earned a promotion. I also applied for a visa to Canada which was approved (for 3 years) late January this year and it gives me much strength, like worst case scenario, I head there...lol. However, all of these has solidified my confidence that everything will work out fine. You too can improve on what I have done. Cheers fam!

On 10/13/2023 at 9:16 AM, Sandra G. said:

If your VAWA was approved then you must  terminate your removal proceedings so that  USCIS can adjudicate your AOS.

Yeh now she will terminate after she submitted my I-485 to uscis without terminating my removal and I lost 7 months just simple waited uscis but they have no jurisdiction over my case . I don’t know now how long it’s gonna take to terminate she was telling me on January 2 clients have hearing she wants me in that hearing also  I don’t know how it works I lost my patience. What she was telling me I even did not want to hear because she made me so disappointed why she didn’t do that even though she was telling me she is going to terminate once I got approved and then she forgot everything literally she sent it to uscis after I got approved .I only was reminding everything since I hired her . I resubmitted my document because of missing documents I found expired form now this one all of them took huge time and effort headache stress . They got money over 7K . People doing all of this with 3K . 

Edited by Hope21

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, Hope21 said:

Yeh now she will terminate after she submitted my I-485 to uscis without terminating my removal and I lost 7 months just simple waited uscis but they have no jurisdiction over my case . I don’t know now how long it’s gonna take to terminate she was telling me on January 2 clients have hearing she wants me in that hearing also  I don’t know how it works I lost my patience. What she was telling me I even did not want to hear because she made me so disappointed why she didn’t do that even though she was telling me she is going to terminate once I got approved and then she forgot everything literally she sent it to uscis after I got approved .I only was reminding everything since I hired her . I resubmitted my document because of missing documents I found expired form now this one all of them took huge time and effort headache stress . They got money over 7K . People doing all of this with 3K . 

Good Luck

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Of course you've been waiting breathlessly for (and will upvote) our hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================================
HILARIOUS SIGNS

The fastest land mammal is a toddler who's been asked what's in his mouth.

I never imagined I'd go up to the bank-teller with a mask on and ask for money.

My personal style is best described as "didn't expect to get out of the car."

Ran out of coffee this morning, so I used tequila.  Everyone is so pretty today!

I never finish anything... I have a black belt in Partial Arts.

"Not yet not yet not yet not yet EAT ME NOW!!!  Too late." -- avocados

When this coronavirus is over, I still want some of y'all to stay away from me.

The first person to hear a parrot speak was probably not OK for several days.

Drinking coffee in the morning helps others live longer.

People write "congrats" because they can't spell "congrajlayshins."

Wash your hands like you just ate buffalo wings and are about to put on a wedding dress.

Emergency phone not installed.  Please do not have an emergency at this location.

This work center has been accident-free since Joe left.

MAINTENANCE SHOP.  We can repair anything.  (Please knock hard on the door; the bell doesn't work.)

A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

This sign has no purpose whatsoever.

Volunteering is mandatory.  Thank you for your cooperation.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 10/13/2023 at 9:02 PM, Hope4me said:

Apologies for the late response. I received an RFE and I responded last July (2022) after which I received an update that USCIS will continue working on my case. Since then....radio silence. I am not much worried anymore because using my AP, I travelled home last December/Jan this year. With my work authorization, I secured a great job in 2021 and even just earned a promotion. I also applied for a visa to Canada which was approved (for 3 years) late January this year and it gives me much strength, like worst case scenario, I head there...lol. However, all of these has solidified my confidence that everything will work out fine. You too can improve on what I have done. Cheers fam!

I didn’t travel w my advance oarole. Wasn’t feeling secure idk why. My lawyer said don’t. My extended work permit will be expired November 10 and we already applied for extension on July.all we got that USCIS will use my previous fingerprint and we have the receipt. It’s been 3-4 months and idk if they will renew my work permit before it gets expire. Also how do I renew my driver license if my new ead card doesn’t arrive before nov 10:(. It’s been 35 months and still no update on i360. No rfe… just lots of prima facies:(((

20 minutes ago, Ozy7 said:

Can we get driver license w extended slip? How does it look like? My driver license will be expire nov 10 and ead expires on Nov 10. Applied renewal on June and still nothing

One you have receipt notices. You will get automatic extension up to 180 days. 

https://www.uscis.gov/eadautoextend

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.