2,974 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

yes those are two different things. With the Prima Facia you can get some public benefits. On the other hand RFE is something that USCIS request from you, like additional evidence.  As per your original post USCIS sent you 4 Prima Facia not the RFE

Thank you for your quick response and your help... First I got RFE and then they say prima facie 4 times..

1 minute ago, jalpa said:

Thank you for your quick response and your help... First I got RFE and then they say prima facie 4 times..

Did you response to your RFE? That is the important thing. Prima Facia is really does not matter if you never took advantage of it. Most of us on this forum never really used Prima Facia.

3 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Did you response to your RFE? That is the important thing. Prima Facia is really does not matter if you never took advantage of it. Most of us on this forum never really used Prima Facia.

Thank you got it, yes got the email from congressman it's for public benefits. Big thank you... Appreciated!!!

28 minutes ago, jalpa said:

Thank you got it, yes got the email from congressman it's for public benefits. Big thank you... Appreciated!!!

Even so, try to confirm your address on file with your congressperson as @balo101 said.

Some lawyers are very unreliable.

Specially when they started depreciating the help of a congressperson on your behalf.

17 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Even so, try to confirm your address on file with your congressperson as @balo101 said.

Some lawyers are very unreliable.

Specially when they started depreciating the help of a congressperson on your behalf.

Sure will do so... Thank you so much for your help... !!! Really appreciated!!!

Hello folks I just got another update for my I-485 

I submitted my 485 after got approved by 360 so please give me some info about my last update . 
Case was received mar (06 2023)

case transferred to another office (April 28 2023)

Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction  ( May 01 2023) 

Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken ( Jun 20 2023) 

case transferred to another office ( aug 23 2023) 

Also I have I-765 

113 days after last update still says 

case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction 

what should I expect ? Thankyou much 

Edited by Hope21

13 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

I submitted my 485 after got approved by 360 so please give me some info about my last update . 

Also I have I-765 

Next you either expect an interview which is very rare lately or if you send all the required documents specially up to date medical then USCIS will approve your green card. You might either get an RFE when USCIS will review your form and if they think you are missing any documents. 

7 hours ago, Hope21 said:

Also I have I-765 

Sorry for asking this:

Which case was received on June 2023?

In another words, when did you submit your form I-485?

Depending on your field office, your case is gonna be reviewed and required some documents through  RFE if something is missing or not up to date. Then interview or approval without any.

You can also apply for another I-765 under CO9 category if you haven't done so already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends this forum help us a lot to share the views and most of us got green card now the next process is to get the citizenship the members who are about to apply for US citizenship in next 4-6 months please update so that we can share the views in this forum this will help the other member to better understand the process 

2 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Sorry for asking this:

Which case was received on June 2023?

In another words, when did you submit your form I-485?

Depending on your field office, your case is gonna be reviewed and required some documents through  RFE if something is missing or not up to date. Then interview or approval without any.

You can also apply for another I-765 under CO9 category if you haven't done so already.

No problem sorry for not clearing , 

my I-485 on March 6 2023 

I also submitted same day I-765 category C09 

I have c31 category also it expires 2024 from I-360 

9 hours ago, balo101 said:

Next you either expect an interview which is very rare lately or if you send all the required documents specially up to date medical then USCIS will approve your green card. You might either get an RFE when USCIS will review your form and if they think you are missing any documents. 

I didn’t send any medical . I’m also thinking that maybe they will ask medical on rfe  but I don’t know .

17 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

New update on today it says “case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction “ again. 
I am seeing that update two times already ..it’s interesting really.

Oh yeah.

It really interesting.

At least, someone inside the agency has touched your file.

They are actively working on your case.

Hoping to get a good news from them very soon.

Hello Family, I am very confused what to do, a week back I received a notification on I-485 that they have updated my name (I had not requested for any name change/update). I did some research and found that they do update name/address internally sometimes to match the documents so there is nothing to worry.

I had submitted an congressmen enquiry to check on my address update (as USCIS was sending documents on my old address even after I submitted application for address change) , so I assumed may be its an address update.

Today I received and RFE on my I-485 for birth certificate which i already submitted while filling the form, so not sure why are they asking it again. I also noticed that my name is now updated (I have only one name so all my forms had FNU as my first name till now but this RFE said my name in First and Last name).

Do you think this is going to mess up my process?

Second question is I received the RFE on Orange color paper does that mean anything?

what should I do please advise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.