2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/11/2023 at 5:44 PM, Hope4me said:

Hi fam,

Please I need everyone's input. 

I filed VAWA in Feb 2020 after which I received notice of action and subsequently prima facie (about 3 times). I have also renewed my combo card twice. I then relocated to another state and sent form AR11 to USCIS accordingly (Vermont). In July 2022, I received RFE which I responded to a week later than deadline day because my attorney failed to inform me early enough. USCIS acknowledged receipt of the documents and said they will continue working on my case. In March this year, I received 3 mails from USCIS Lees Summit office - 2 Notices of Action for the combo card I already have which is expiring next year and notice of action for the VAWA I filed since Feb 2020 for which I already received confirmation for but this time the received date stated in the letter was August 2020. Why from Lees Summit Office MO instead of Vermont? Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Also, is there a way I could nudge them on my case? I am thinking of using congress person again (I did before) or shall I send same RFE documents again just to see if someone touches my file? @balo101 @Demise @sandranj

Hi family,

Following the guidance from all on tnis post above, I contacted my Senator's office and I got a response today that a decision has not been made because security checks are pending and the usual "we cannot move forward on the case until the security checks have been completed". Is there anything else, I can do?

Also, USCIS stated that another PF extension was sent last month which I have yet to receive. Although, I do not have real need for the letter in itself, but I am worried they may have sent it to my former attorney's office despite me submitting an AR11 and earlier receiving mails at my current address. What can I do about this fam?

On 8/14/2023 at 3:16 PM, asimove said:

yes i am shopping for bring along lawyer, what will be the reasonable fees should i go with? 

i have experience lawyer in NYC to help you if u want. highly recommended, bunch of people i know hired him and all got approved for their GC. DM me if u want the detail

37 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

Hi family,

Following the guidance from all on tnis post above, I contacted my Senator's office and I got a response today that a decision has not been made because security checks are pending and the usual "we cannot move forward on the case until the security checks have been completed". Is there anything else, I can do?

Also, USCIS stated that another PF extension was sent last month which I have yet to receive. Although, I do not have real need for the letter in itself, but I am worried they may have sent it to my former attorney's office despite me submitting an AR11 and earlier receiving mails at my current address. What can I do about this fam?

If i were you i would ask senator to confirm with USCIS what address do they have in file. I would also reach out to former lawyer just to confirm if he/she received any of my letters. 

3 minutes ago, balo101 said:

If i were you i would ask senator to confirm with USCIS what address do they have in file. I would also reach out to former lawyer just to confirm if he/she received any of my letters. 

You have exactly nailed it @balo101, that's what I wanted to say.

He or she doesn't lose anything for asking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

See Sandra's last post above, and the VJ Badge awarded for it and everything else that she's posted here over the years.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thanks and congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉 to @Sandra G. for all her inputs and Post in this great forum.

She's always there, answering questions, despite all her tightened schedule.

VJ-- and the followers of this thread are highly privileged to have such people like her.

We appreciate her👏👏👏

Edited by Rhema1

11 hours ago, Sandra G. said:

The Law states if a judge found an asylum application frivolous the person will be permanently barred from adjusting status (See INA § 208(d)(6); 8 C.F.R. § 1208.20), including VAWA petitioners. The Immigration Officer can deny the AOS, in case of "frivolous asylum". VAWA is adjudicated by VSC and Nebraska Center, but the AOS is adjudicated by the local office.  

thanks Sandra

Hi Everyone! Has anyone experienced something similar: I filed the Vawa petition including my daughter (under 21 years). The 1st Prima Facie determination letter was received and my daughter was listed as the derivative child. However, when the renewal letter for the Prima Facie arrived, it didn't have my daughter being listed on the renewal. Just wondering if this is considered a normal procedure? Or should I try to address the question so to add my daughter in the Prima Facie renewal letter?

7 hours ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Hi Everyone! Has anyone experienced something similar: I filed the Vawa petition including my daughter (under 21 years). The 1st Prima Facie determination letter was received and my daughter was listed as the derivative child. However, when the renewal letter for the Prima Facie arrived, it didn't have my daughter being listed on the renewal. Just wondering if this is considered a normal procedure? Or should I try to address the question so to add my daughter in the Prima Facie renewal letter?

The child is already in their system.

But you have nothing to lose by trying to address the question with them so that they can send another prima facie mentioning the child.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/14/2023 at 6:35 AM, Demise said:

@Karman Do you need a prima facie determination in the first place? Like are you using that stuff for college financial aid or can't file I-485 right now and have to rely on deferred action for an EAD (C14)?

If not then I wouldn't stress over that. If yes, message your senator or congressman and have them poke USCIS on your behalf.

@Demise I am using prima facie for fafsa for my college. I already filed my I-485, so no issues there. 

Spoiler

Progress related to Form I-130

01/15/2021 - Received date for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131
01/21/2021 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

01/23/2021 - Received notices for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131

02/05/2021 - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-765 were taken.

04/13/2021 - I-693 Deficiency Notice

05/24/2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485 for an interview.

06/17/2021 - We received your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was assigned to an officer for response for Form I-765.

06/23/2021 - We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was completed for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We approved your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485.

07/18/2021 - We sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time for Form I-131. 

07/28/2021 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

07/29/2021 - We approved your Form I-765 with 2 year validity. We approved your Form I-131 with 2 year validity.

07/30/2021 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us.

08/02/2021 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Form I-765.

08/05/2021 - Initial interview for Form I-485. Spouse also attended but separated. Told IO that I-360 was filed. Did not take any evidence to prove the marriage is valid so later got a RFE

08/11/2021 - Request for evidence to prove bonafide marriage and form I-130A and I-693. 

08/19/2021 - Submitted the RFE directly to Field office. 

08/24/2021 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, was completed for Form I-131.
Progress related to Form I-360

06/17/2021 - Mailed Form I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/25/2021 - We received your Form I-485, Form I-131, Form I-765.

06/29/2021 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360

06/29/2021 - Received notices for I-360,  I-485, I-765, I-131

07/22/2021 - Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-360 have been applied to your case

08/05/2021 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 1 year. Expiry 08/05/2022

02/26/2022 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

03/01/2022 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us. We approved your Form I-765 validity for 2 years and combo card. We approved your Form I-131.

03/02/2022 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

07/28/2022 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 01/24/2023

01/18/2023 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 07/17/2023

01/28/2023 - Mailed Form I-765, I-131 for renewal in C09P

02/09/2023 - We received your Form I-131, Form I-765.

03/01/2023 - Received notices for I-765, I-131. We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, I-131

On 8/15/2023 at 4:06 AM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends this forum has helped so many people getting their goals 

I have a request that kindly the member who already got there green cards and about to apply for citizenship in like 4-5 months time  please reply to this post so that we can share our views my citizenship is due in next 3 months 

Hi Braveheart,

I filed on the 28 of July online. I got a notification right after with the receipt information and the actual letter in the mail a little over a week later. Last week I got a notification that my case is being actively reviewed. And today I got a letter in the mail that I do not need to redo biometrics and they will let me know if they need anything else. So I’m starting to study for the interview because I think that’s the next step. I filed 2.9 years.

37 minutes ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hi Braveheart,

I filed on the 28 of July online. I got a notification right after with the receipt information and the actual letter in the mail a little over a week later. Last week I got a notification that my case is being actively reviewed. And today I got a letter in the mail that I do not need to redo biometrics and they will let me know if they need anything else. So I’m starting to study for the interview because I think that’s the next step. I filed 2.9 years.

If I'm getting it right,

You filed for citizenship this July 2023 under a green card that was approved 2 years and 09 months ago.

Am I correct?

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hi Braveheart,

Please check inbox 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.