2,974 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, asimove said:

Hi Everyone

my I-485 interview is schedule for Aug25th, but my case tracking is not showing my this schedule date, is it normal?

also before my 360 approval, my political asylum case was  rejected, even my appeal was also rejected, will my interview will be complicated?

can anyone share their 485 interview details like, how long was the interview, how complicated was, what documents they ask, should i bring lawyer with me, and typically how much they charge to go to an interview please

thanks!!!!

Yes it is normal case is not updated. Your interview should be straight forward yes/no question. However, you can never predict with USCIS. 

It is all up to you how comfortable you are without a lawyer. 

1 hour ago, MontseLe said:

Hi y’all! I have another question. I posted before saying my i-360 had changed to card is being produced. My i485 changed as well the following day! this is the status. Anyone have any idea what is next? Thanks! 

IMG_0982.jpegyes! get ready for 485 interview, as per Brooklyn NY, 485 tracking was showing 3years wait time ( after this online status change ), but i receive interview letter in 10 month, depend on your location, but get ready for 485 letter ( if your case is not complicated, very much chance no interview, just medical )

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Yes it is normal case is not updated. Your interview should be straight forward yes/no question. However, you can never predict with USCIS. 

It is all up to you how comfortable you are without a lawyer. 

thank you so much for reply !!!!!!

16 hours ago, balo101 said:

I was in a same situation as you are. I made the infopass appointment to get the update and from there process was fast. I would say make the info pass to get the update. 

How do I make an info pass? 

5 hours ago, Demise said:

@Karman Do you need a prima facie determination in the first place? Like are you using that stuff for college financial aid or can't file I-485 right now and have to rely on deferred action for an EAD (C14)?

If not then I wouldn't stress over that. If yes, message your senator or congressman and have them poke USCIS on your behalf.

As for me,

I have never used any, despite all the four I had.

My EAD/AP (CO9) was sufficient to achieve all what I needed at the time.

So, nothing to stress about prima facie as you rightly said.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Desert Storm said:

Hi All, I have my N400 naturalization interview coming up in a week. As a recipient of Green card through, what documents do you all think I should carry with me to the interview? 

Are there any other things I should be aware of ? 

@Sandra G.

Bring original documents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce decree, if any, passport and tax return.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, asimove said:

Hi Everyone

my I-485 interview is schedule for Aug25th, but my case tracking is not showing my this schedule date, is it normal?

also before my 360 approval, my political asylum case was  rejected, even my appeal was also rejected, will my interview will be complicated?

can anyone share their 485 interview details like, how long was the interview, how complicated was, what documents they ask, should i bring lawyer with me, and typically how much they charge to go to an interview please

thanks!!!!

Did they consider your asylum "frivolous"? If they considered frivolous then you might  have a problem.

2 hours ago, asimove said:

Yes it's normal.

The vawa interview is mostly the form I-485 ADMISSIBILITY review.

Generally what was filled and the YES and NO questions to see whether you are admissible in the USA or not because your most important form I-360 had already been approved.

4 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

Did they consider your asylum "frivolous"? If they considered frivolous then you might  have a problem.

I think that in that case, it will be good for the applicant to go to the interview with a lawyer.

That could restraint the immigration officer to go where he shouldn't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

Bring original documents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce decree, if any, passport and tax return.

Do they check your documents once again and ask any question about the abuses etc 

3 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Do they check your documents once again and ask any question about the abuses etc 

They are not supposed to ask any question about the abuses.

But some immigrations officers can try to go that route. But it's rare.

If so, kindly tell him or she that you don't feel comfortable with it because it has already been adjudicated and that you gently want to see the supervisor.

He or she will not go further that route and will strictly remain on your form I-485.

55 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

Sandra thanks for reply!!

what do you think what will be the outcome

and what i do here

please

thanks again

1 hour ago, Sandra G. said:

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

Yes it's normal.

The vawa interview is mostly the form I-485 ADMISSIBILITY review.

Generally what was filled and the YES and NO questions to see whether you are admissible in the USA or not because your most important form I-360 had already been approved.

yes my previous lawyer told me, that i may counter ADMISSIBILITY issue at 485 interview, little worried how to handle that ( thanks for reply )

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

I think that in that case, it will be good for the applicant to go to the interview with a lawyer.

That could restraint the immigration officer to go where he shouldn't.

yes i am shopping for bring along lawyer, what will be the reasonable fees should i go with? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.