2,974 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Hello guys, finally i601 waiver check is cashed this morning after 22 days . Finally I’ll receive a receipt notice to send to my local office so that the officer can make a decision on my I290B and I601 and subsequently my I485 that was denied because my attorney errors. She sent the I 601 to a wrong address first , resent it to the correct address with no RFE copy in it and the i601 waiver was returned again with a notice saying “your application/petition is not needed at this time “ which resulted in my I485 being denied. Now finally, I hope I’ll be approved now 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

It shall be well.

Keep trusting on God for a better end 🙏🙏🙏

11 hours ago, balo101 said:

i got your point. Since your VAWA is approved what's the status of your i-485? When did you submit that? Don't you think you will get your green card by then?

My I-485 is pending submitted together with vawa in Nov 2020. Vawa got approved this June. I am considering I might get it by then but not sure. 

11 hours ago, Keepinghope said:

My journey has finally come to an end! Filed I-360 Dec 2019, received 3 Prima facie 

case approved March 10 23

interview on 07/25/23

approved by 6pm same day of interview 

green card delivered 08/01/23

This forum has been a great help, I didn’t need a lawyer because I got so much info here, for all those waiting keep the hope alive, your time is coming. For all those who I messaged privately, thank you for responding.IMG_2935.thumb.jpeg.68b225c0051084013b4595ec34c99a99.jpeg

Congratulations 🎊 🎈 

1 hour ago, Priya25 said:

My I-485 is pending submitted together with vawa in Nov 2020. Vawa got approved this June. I am considering I might get it by then but not sure. 

Ok I see.

You are most likely gonna be approved before expiration date.

Praying for that.🙏🙏🙏

Nevertheless, send your CO9 combo card for renewal 180 days before it gets expired in other to be on the safest position.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Priya25 said:

You should file 765 and 131 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 7/28/2023 at 11:05 AM, Sam96 said:

Good morning everyone, 

I have a question that I’d love if anyone else in this group has any knowledge about.

My vawa was approved little over a year ago, from the day I left my abusive relationship I have not spoken to my ex, which it’s almost 5 years ago. I know I am divorced as my ex has already remarried, I’m guessing he went through the process by himself. We both lived in ny, so I'm assuming here is where the divorce was filed, but all the courts I’ve checked can’t provide me with a copy of my divorce certificate. Does anyone know how I might obtain a copy? Thank you 

I did what your ex did but I sent a copy of divorce decree to my ex. You can go on NYS gov website to request for a divorce certificate. They will redirect you to this site cost me $30 I requested around March 2022i think, but i received it around June 2023. They mentioned it takes about 60 business days but that's bs. they have backlog just like USCIS and it took a very long time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and time for our always-hilarious, approval-evoking*, good-news-prompting* Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*if correlation = causation

==============================================================
COMMENTS & EXCHANGES REGARDING MARRIAGE

Marriage teaches you a lot about yourself.  For instance, I've learned that I don't need to use so many paper towels, and they're expensive.

Me:  Look; I love you.  But I made exactly the amount of cheese & crackers that I want to eat right now.

Wife:  But I only...

Me:  EXACTLY the amount.

Relationship status:  My wife asked me what I wanted for dinner and then told me I was wrong.

Therapist:  So why do you want to end your marriage?

Wife:  I hate the constant Star Wars puns.

Husband:  Divorce is strong with this one.

My wife gives me the speaking treatment.

My wife said I need to grow up.  I was speechless.  It's hard to say anything when you have 45 gummy bears in your mouth.

Therapist:  What's the problem?

Wife:  He replaces words with animal names just to annoy me.

Husband:  I don't do it on porpoise.

"You pee too loud!"

[sitting at a table]

Wife:  [writes number on paper and slides it across]

Husband:  [crosses it out and writes new number]

= Thermostat negotiations

Never ask a woman who is eating ice cream straight from the carton how she's doing.

My wife probably tells me that I never listen to her.

The Mrs. and I have been married so long that she can finish my sentences.  She also starts most of them and supplies the middle parts, too.

Texts

Wife:  Where R U

Me:    Kitchen

Wife:  Can U feed cat

Me:    I mean garage

Wife:  Bring in laundry

Me:    Bathroom

Wife:  Clean toilet

Me:    Idaho

Wife:  Get potatoes

Marriage is mostly about knowing which hand towels you can use and which ones are for the better people who visit your wife's home.

Marriage is just texting each other, "Do we need anything from the grocery store?" a bunch of times until one of you dies.

Before I got married, I didn't even know that there was a wrong way to put the milk back in the fridge.

I don't understand how God can have Ten Commandments for the whole world, and my wife can have 152 just for our house.

If my wife ever hired a private detective to follow me, it would be to get pictures of me not using the coupons that I said I used.

[At restaurant]

"I'll have the Chicken Finger platter, and my lovely wife will have [hands over coupon] something of equal or lesser value."

I'm headed to Goodwill to buy back something I donated yesterday, because this is my lesson on why marriage communication is so important.

Me:    I spent HALF as much as YOU usually do on groceries.

Wife:  Congratulations.

[2 hours later]

Me:  We have nothing to eat in this house!

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Ok I see.

You are most likely gonna be approved before expiration date.

Praying for that.🙏🙏🙏

Nevertheless, send your CO9 combo card for renewal 180 days before it gets expired in other to be on the safest position.

Thanks, Hopefully, cant wait for this to get over.
I see C09 processing time is 14 months currently and that is why I am in dilemma. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.