2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh god where to begin, 

My friend is in mess. 

His VAWA is approved and recently received an RFE from FO. asking for I-601. All they mentioned is he misrepresented material facts concerning maintenance of his F1 status. something while he was on F1. He is inadmissible to the US under 212 (a)(6)(c)(i).

It is asking affidavit of hardship we will face if we will not qualify.

RFE is not stating what info he misrepresented. What shall he do now? any good lawyer recommendation? what is success rate for 601? 

On 7/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, Family said:

No. Just hang on and wait.  Do you have 30 days or 87 days ?

The first one was sent to the Wrong Address by your attorney. 

It was sent back wrong address and we submitted it and it was sent back again with a notice saying “this application or petition it needed at this time” we submitted that to the local office but my i485 was denied saying I didn’t properly file i601. Filed a motion to continue and got RFE for i601 and submit only the receipt notice to the local office, filed i601 on the 11th and waiting. Just don’t know if uscis will cash the check or send the application back , I don’t know. I suspected when the lawyer sent it for the second time, it was returned because she didn’t include the RFE notice. This time I made sure the receipt notice is included before we sent it. 2 weeks now the check hasn’t been cashed, nervous of the application will be returned again, but praying it doesn’t happen 

44 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

it was returned because she didn’t include the RFE notice. This time I made sure the receipt notice is included before we sent it. 2 weeks now the check hasn’t been cashed, nervous of the application will be returned again, but praying it doesn’t happen 

Yes I remember she also forgot to include RFE copy the first time. 
But this time u made sure both items are correct. ..and have tracking to see it was delivered.
I keep asking ( 3 times 😂) if u have 30 days or 87 days to respond..but wait until 2 weeks before due date and if still no receipt for I-601 then you can respond to RFE w copy of mailed I-601 and mailing receipt.

Of course u can always start bugging them by phone anytime 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends  

This forum has helped so many people to gain knowledge about VAWA and most of them got there green cards.

I am eligible to apply for US citizenship in next 5 months can the other members who are eligible for US citizenship in next couple of months  can reply to this post so that we can help each other and share our views this will give a new dimension in this group and will help the other members as well.

5 hours ago, J2020 said:

To anyone who’s thinking of doing their immigration process abroad, do your best to stay and adjust status in the US. Never try consular processing for vawa. it’s the worst experience ever for vawa petitioners abroad. The process for consular processing takes forever for vawa applicants. You will be stuck abroad for years. 

Not even you chose or thought about doing VAWA abroad 😂. It just so happens that VAWA permits that discretionary benefit to those “stuck” without options. 
It’s never a guaranteed approval ..therefore definitely not worth considering.

Glad you survived…many in IR or K-1 categories waiting alongside you. 

6 hours ago, J2020 said:

To anyone who’s thinking of doing their immigration process abroad, do your best to stay and adjust status in the US. Never try consular processing for vawa. it’s the worst experience ever for vawa petitioners abroad. The process for consular processing takes forever for vawa applicants. You will be stuck abroad for years. 

Can't imagine what you had been going through this consular processing.

Can't advice it to anybody.

Better stay in the USA for your adjustment of status through vawa.

Stay strong 💪💪💪

8 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Oh god where to begin, 

My friend is in mess. 

His VAWA is approved and recently received an RFE from FO. asking for I-601. All they mentioned is he misrepresented material facts concerning maintenance of his F1 status. something while he was on F1. He is inadmissible to the US under 212 (a)(6)(c)(i).

It is asking affidavit of hardship we will face if we will not qualify.

RFE is not stating what info he misrepresented. What shall he do now? any good lawyer recommendation? what is success rate for 601? 

Wait what? If you applied for vawa while you’re on an F1 visa that makes you inadmissible for misrepresentation? I was an F1 too and now seeking the immigrant visa abroad through vawa. 

Can you please explain more? 

5 hours ago, Family said:

Not even you chose or thought about doing VAWA abroad 😂. It just so happens that VAWA permits that discretionary benefit to those “stuck” without options. 
It’s never a guaranteed approval ..therefore definitely not worth considering.

Glad you survived…many in IR or K-1 categories waiting alongside you. 

Believe me, going through this experience I’ve chatted with many people that chose to do it abroad or thinking about doing it. We have a group for those doing it abroad and IR-k1 wait is nothing. They definitely get their papers moving within weeks and few months while vawa and work visa take years. Most vawa applicants who filed 824 to move their cases to the NVC waited 2 years for an approval transfer, while IR CR got their approvals transferred within weeks or 4 months max in the same processing center. The welcome letter for vawa applicants takes 60+ days to months to receive and sometimes more, while IR Cr k1 in the same situation get it on the same day or within 4 days max. and it goes on and on till the end of the process. 

I’ve waited 16 months for 824 to transfer my approved petition and now 17 months to receive the welcome letter and still counting. Other people I know who are also vawa are waiting over 25 months for 824 to get their approved petition transferred to the NVC. Being in an extremely abusive situation even when you’re away (especially for those still fighting or waiting for divorce) then the pain of being reminded everyday that you can’t move on till this process is over so you can start a decent life and leave the past behind makes this process abroad even harder because you are “stuck” you either choose to abandon the life you have built in the States for years that is being left on pause for the slight chance to come back one day, or just continue to wait in this miserable process, that’s a tough choice. 

there’s definitely no comparison between the process for IR CR k1 and vawa abroad, IR CR k1 processing wait is a piece of cake. 

I’m just letting the people who think of doing this either by escaping abuse or for any other circumstance know that it isn’t worth it. And we definitely don’t expect anyone to know or understand the pain except those who are going through it.

Edited by J2020

7 hours ago, J2020 said:

Believe me, going through this experience I’ve chatted with many people that chose to do it abroad or thinking about doing it. We have a group for those doing it abroad and IR-k1 wait is nothing. They definitely get their papers moving within weeks and few months while vawa and work visa take years. Most vawa applicants who filed 824 to move their cases to the NVC waited 2 years for an approval transfer, while IR CR got their approvals transferred within weeks or 4 months max in the same processing center. The welcome letter for vawa applicants takes 60+ days to months to receive and sometimes more, while IR Cr k1 in the same situation get it on the same day or within 4 days max. and it goes on and on till the end of the process. 

I’ve waited 16 months for 824 to transfer my approved petition and now 17 months to receive the welcome letter and still counting. Other people I know who are also vawa are waiting over 25 months for 824 to get their approved petition transferred to the NVC. Being in an extremely abusive situation even when you’re away (especially for those still fighting or waiting for divorce) then the pain of being reminded everyday that you can’t move on till this process is over so you can start a decent life and leave the past behind makes this process abroad even harder because you are “stuck” you either choose to abandon the life you have built in the States for years that is being left on pause for the slight chance to come back one day, or just continue to wait in this miserable process, that’s a tough choice. 

there’s definitely no comparison between the process for IR CR k1 and vawa abroad, IR CR k1 processing wait is a piece of cake. 

I’m just letting the people who think of doing this either by escaping abuse or for any other circumstance know that it isn’t worth it. And we definitely don’t expect anyone to know or understand the pain except those who are going through it.

It sounds like double abused to vawa filers.

When you called USCIS for any updates about your case, they will not give a dime and just ask you to write.

Whenever you write, they don't respond or take forever to do so in the best scenario.

That's why most of us become congressional's dependents in other to know anything about our cases.

It's like USCIS don't really value vawa petitioners.

Like they are willingly doing it in other to discourage more people to be going through the vawa process.

Knowing fully well that we have been abused, they keep torturing us during the entire process.

Thanks for letting us know more better about the vawa consular consular processing nightmare.

Like a mother, giving birth to a child, you definitely forget everything and start dancing and chilling when early in a morning, going through your USCIS online account, you received this text message, concerning your form I-360 or your form I-485 that: "NEW CARD IN BEING PRODUCED"

35 minutes ago, GeraldSG said:

Ead renewal based on C9 category (based on underlying I-485 held in abeyance; pending VAWA approval) - what is the length of validity uscis grant the renewed cards for these days? When the card was first approved and issued during 2020, I was approved for 2 years. Will the renewed card be given 2 years too? @Sandra G.

Yes as or right now USCIS still issuing for 2 years. I know someone got it for 2 years last month. 

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Yes as or right now USCIS still issuing for 2 years. I know someone got it for 2 years last month. 

Yes it's still 2 years validity.

2 hours ago, GeraldSG said:

Ead renewal based on C9 category (based on underlying I-485 held in abeyance; pending VAWA approval) - what is the length of validity uscis grant the renewed cards for these days? When the card was first approved and issued during 2020, I was approved for 2 years. Will the renewed card be given 2 years too? @Sandra G.

Yea, I got mine under C9 for 2years

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.