2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, corrheag said:

Hey everyone, 

In February I received my second Prima Facie. It said the prima facie is valid for 180 days. If the period is coming to a close and a decision has not been made, then I would automatically within 60 days of the ending date. This PF is expiring July 24, 2023. The last time they sent it to me, they were on time. But now I have not received anything and my PF is expiring in a few days. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

This happened to many people. If you need one you can write to Vermont. 

1 hour ago, Deee Smith said:

Hi Everyone, got my receipt notice today and spoke to a tier one officer in order to expedite my EAD. Waiting for more goodnews :).

Ohh wow, I didn’t know we can expedite on phone. Whenever I called they would tell me to write. I wish you all the best and hope that you get expedited!

Hi everyone 

im trying to access more detailed info on my uscis online account because it only shows me basic info on the status of my case. I tried to prove my identity but it asked me for a DOS number which I don’t seem to have. It also asked me for this representative passcode so I can access my documents but my new attorney says she doesn’t have this passcode, she said my old attorney maybe has it. I thought uscis would give new access info to the new attorney. 

How can the attorney access our info online? How can I access more detailed info on my cases online or is it not allowed since we are vawa beneficiaries? I see people being able to access all their info online, but it doesn’t seem to work on my account 

IMG_2061.png

Edited by J2020

It’s has been 2 weeks since my lawyer sent my second i601 waiver and USCIS hasn’t cashed my check yet. Can I send another package of i601 privately to uscis? Just to be on the safe side. I am nervous because the first i601 I filed as RFE to my i485 was returned as not needed and my i485 was denied. Now this is another i601 waiver sent as RFE to the motion to reopen i290b and uscis has not cashed the check after two weeks and I am worried if it will be returned again 🥲🥲🥲🥲

Good Morning Everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I am new to this forum and need your assistance please.

My VAWA petition was approved a little while ago and I applied for the I824 (follow to join) for my daughter. The i824 was approved however, I am having issues with the immigrant visa process. 

As part of the follow to join process, I applied for her immigrant visa and supplied an I864 however, they are now asking my daughter to complete an i874W and I don’t understand why.

I am currently a LPR (got this through VAWA)and my daughter will also become one when she is admitted into the United States. I am not sure which category she should select on the i864w form. The available reasons for exemption are attached below. 

can someone please help me to chose which category I should chose? My daughter is now 24 but her age was held when I applied for my VAWA case. 

This is the letter they sent me. I also believe the preference category is incorrectly listed on the letter at IB1- which is spouse of US Citizens. 

July 21, 2023
CHECKLIST
NVC Case Number: 
Dear XXX
We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages.
The instructions will ask you to either:
 Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so they can take them to the visa interview; or
 Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the
Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet. Clearly write your case number XXXX on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send. After we receive and review the requested information, we will let you know the status of your case. For current processing times, please visit our website at nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or nvc.state.gov/submit/espanol (Spanish).
If you have any questions about this letter, please visit our website at nvc.state.gov/ask (English) or nvc.state.gov/ask/espanol (Spanish).
If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by email, telephone, or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. If this happens, you will need to resubmit the fees and documents to continue the immigration process.
Case Number: Beneficiary's Name: Preference Category: Priority Date:
[LBL 07/21/2023]

Preference Category:  IB1 - SELF PETITION SPOUSE OF UNITED STATES CITIZEN

Priority date: 18OCT2019

National Visa Center
Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________
You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and supporting documents to the NVC. Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission.

Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/mail for the address to mail your documents to us.
 Do not include any form of electronic media, including CDs and memory cards. If you send electronic media to the NVC, we will return it unopened.
 Send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send a copy of a signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s).
 Failure to use this cover sheet will delay processing of your visa application.
 Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated below. Information for any other case that you mail in the same package must include the cover sheet for that case.
 Do not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and supporting documents by email. Instead, follow the directions under "Email processing" on http://nvc.state.gov/submit for English or http://nvc.state.gov/enviar/espanol for Spanish.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXX
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.
PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National Visa Center.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s).

On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an X by each item you need to correct. Go to the Department of State's website at https://nvc.state.gov/aos for English or https://nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol for Spanish and follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support form(s). From there, you can fill out a new form, sign, and send the form(s) to the NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support form for each case regardless of your income level.
Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents and completed Affidavit of Support form(s) to the NVC, please make sure that the documents are in the correct order, as stated in the I-864 Important Notice instructions.
For Affidavit of Support (FAQs), go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequentl y-asked-questions.html

***FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos.***
When responding to National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.
PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National Visa Center.
______PASSPORT:____________________________________________________
Please submit a copy of the biographic data page of this person's passport, including the expiration date of the passport. The passport must be valid.

______10 - JAMAICA POLICE CERTIFICATE:_____________________________
Jamaica Police Certificate: Available. Please send us a police certificate so we can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at https://nvc.state.gov/find. Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's Reciprocity Schedule.
Click on Police, Court, Prison Records on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview, you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:
* The translation is accurate
* The translator is competent to translate.

Checklist for Applicant XXX
 Regarding Your Form I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption and Required Financial Evidence
===================================================================== ========
These instructions refer only to the Form I-864W completed by the applicant named above, or by the petitioner if the applicant is younger than 14 years of age. The National Visa Center (NVC) reviewed your Form I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption. This form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information, was missing required supporting documents, or both. Please review the instructions below. You need to correct your Form I-864W and collect the missing documents as requested.
Please send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Mailing instructions are on the Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet. Your case is on hold until we receive these items.
If you need to complete a new Form I-864W, you can access the form and instructions online at https://uscis.gov/i-864w. You can find more information at https://nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or https://nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).
===================================================================== ========
Please make these corrections to your Form I-864W and gather the requested financial evidence:
[ ] Hidden line.
[x] I-864W Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption
[x] Your I-864W form is missing. Please complete this form.

Please help! 

Thank you All! 

2 hours ago, God is a good God said:

It’s has been 2 weeks since my lawyer sent my second i601 waiver and USCIS hasn’t cashed my check yet. Can I send another package of i601 privately to uscis? Just to be on the safe side. I am nervous because the first i601 I filed as RFE to my i485 was returned as not needed and my i485 was denied. Now this is another i601 waiver sent as RFE to the motion to reopen i290b and uscis has not cashed the check after two weeks and I am worried if it will be returned again 🥲🥲🥲🥲

No. Just hang on and wait.  Do you have 30 days or 87 days ?

The first one was sent to the Wrong Address by your attorney. 

4 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Wait at list 30 to 60 days before taking any action.

You can also try to call them to know whether your form has been received.

11 hours ago, Lavern said:

I am currently a LPR (got this through VAWA)and my daughter will also become one when she is admitted into the United States. I am not sure which category she should select on the i864w form. The available reasons for exemption are attached below. 

Here is link to I-864 W and instructions..read and get familiar w it. 
Simply put, you made a mistake doing I-864 as both  you ( principal ) and your child ( derivative) of I-360 VAWA are exempt ( excused ) from I-864 obligations. 

Not a big deal, just do the form and mark 1.d on page 2. Your child is applying for visa based on your approved VAWA, that is why her age is frozen and will not age out. Category is fine ( u were the abused spouse of USC..

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday!  Time for our hilarious, approval-prompting*, good-news-evoking* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*if correlation = causation

============================================

TWO OLD LADIES AT THE FLOWER SHOW

Two little old ladies, Pearl and Opal, were sitting on a park bench outside the local town hall, where a flower show was in progress.

Opal leaned over toward Pearl and said, "Life is so boring.  We never have any fun.  For $10, I'd take my clothes off and streak through that stupid, boring flower show!"

"You're on!" said Pearl, holding up a $10 bill.

So Opal slowly fumbled her way out of her clothes.  She grabbed a dried flower from a nearby display and held it between her teeth.  Then, completely naked, she streaked through the front door.

Her friend soon heard a huge commotion inside the hall, followed by loud applause and shrill whistling.  Finally, a smiling Opal came through the exit door, surrounded by a cheering, clapping crowd.

"What happened?" asked Pearl.

"I won $1,000 as first prize for 'Best Dried Arrangement.'"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi everyone 

im trying to access more detailed info on my uscis online account because it only shows me basic info on the status of my case. I tried to proof my identity but it asked me for a DOS number which I don’t seem to have. It also asked me for this representative passcode so I can access my documents but my new attorney says she doesn’t have this passcode, she said my old attorney maybe has it. I thought uscis would give new access info to the new attorney. 

How can the attorney access our info online? How can I access more detailed info on my cases online or is it not allowed since we are vawa beneficiaries? I see people being able to access all their info online, but it doesn’t seem to work on my account 

To anyone who’s thinking of doing their immigration process abroad, do your best to stay and adjust status in the US. Never try consular processing for vawa. it’s the worst experience ever for vawa petitioners abroad. The process for consular processing takes forever for vawa applicants. You will be stuck abroad for years. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
59 minutes ago, God's son said:

I finally received my green card

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.