2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear community - first, this forum is the incredible place for VAWA victims and was paramount for me to obtain my GC as wisdom of you all helped me through that journey. I am right now considering to apply for US citizenship. Has anyone done it i.e. applied / received US citizenship based on VAWA's green card received 3 years prior? I understood that I do not have to wait for 5 years but can apply for US citizenship after 2.75 years (90 days grace period) of being a permanent resident.

Please share your experience - how did you fill out N400, what did you note about VAWA, did you provide any supporting documentation that would qualify for apply after ~3 years, did you have any issues down the line etc.?

I really hope for your advice and wisdom here...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Dear community - first, this forum is the incredible place for VAWA victims and was paramount for me to obtain my GC as wisdom of you all helped me through that journey. I am right now considering to apply for US citizenship. Has anyone done it i.e. applied / received US citizenship based on VAWA's green card received 3 years prior? I understood that I do not have to wait for 5 years but can apply for US citizenship after 2.75 years (90 days grace period) of being a permanent resident.

Please share your experience - how did you fill out N400, what did you note about VAWA, did you provide any supporting documentation that would qualify for apply after ~3 years, did you have any issues down the line etc.?

I am about to apply in 3 months for citizenship I appreciate that if the other members who applied for citizenship please share there experience 

Filed: Other Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊@sandranj - hope for your guidance / expertise; sorry for not tagging you earlier:

Edited by ponak98

I’ve been waiting for 32 months and all I received 4 prima facie and extension for ead for i485. 3 years ago I had an interview and I was already divorced and did not attend to interview instead my lawyer went there and she told me that officer promised her to hold my i485. However Whenever I look at online it says interview scheduled oct 2020. I still did not get approval or rfe for i360. I’ve been together w my girlfriend who is citizen and she wants to get married and visit my country together. What would you guys recommend? Get marry and drop i360 and file i485 or just wait for my pending i360. I’m so confused even if they approve i360 what will happen w my i485? Are they really holding my previous one I have to wait years again after i360? Please help

2 hours ago, ponak98 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊@sandranj - hope for your guidance / expertise; sorry for not tagging you earlier:

Just updated a response I got on this thread. For I'm also in line to be filing for citizenship when my time arrived.

Hope this will help.

Screenshot_20230704-075259.png

58 minutes ago, Ozy7 said:

I’ve been waiting for 32 months and all I received 4 prima facie and extension for ead for i485. 3 years ago I had an interview and I was already divorced and did not attend to interview instead my lawyer went there and she told me that officer promised her to hold my i485. However Whenever I look at online it says interview scheduled oct 2020. I still did not get approval or rfe for i360. I’ve been together w my girlfriend who is citizen and she wants to get married and visit my country together. What would you guys recommend? Get marry and drop i360 and file i485 or just wait for my pending i360. I’m so confused even if they approve i360 what will happen w my i485? Are they really holding my previous one I have to wait years again after i360? Please help

You are almost there.

I will advise you to wait for your form I-360 approval.

After the approval, they will send it to your field office for them to adjudicate the form I-485 that had been kept pending.

Because if you drop at this moment, you will start another new process that can also takes more longer and will makes you to be depending again on your spouse to have your green card. They never know what could happen again...

So, keep waiting... you are almost there.

It will definitely be well with you.

2 hours ago, St22 said:

Hi everyone I received rfe for medical like week ago for my i485 based on vawa approval in Atlanta field office so what y’all think going to be next? Interview or approve 

Before they have asked for your medical as RFE,

It mostly an approval without interview.

Just patient, keep trusting 🙏 in God and he will make everything perfect for you in Jesus name.

Just now, Rhema1 said:

Because  asked for your medical as RFE,

It mostly an approval without interview.

Just patient, keep trusting 🙏 in God and he will make everything perfect for you in Jesus name.

3 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

I am about to apply in 3 months for citizenship I appreciate that if the other members who applied for citizenship please share there experience 

This will also be interesting.

Screenshot_20230502-131842.png

Hey everyone 

I have a q about the police clearance 

I got the electronic police clearance from the official ministry of interior’s website and it has an authentication barcode and serial number, but it has no stamp on it except this authentication barcode and serial number. The validity of it is only one month. I can get a new one at any time. But I’m wondering if this authentication barcode is enough to submit to the NVC or will it be rejected if it doesn’t have a stamp. 

Does anyone have an idea of how this works? Like does it have to have a stamp or this authentication barcode and serial number is enough? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/9/2023 at 6:20 PM, Ozy7 said:

As soon as Vawa is approved, the I-485 adjudication process may take nine to twenty months. A client of mine was a Vawa petitioner, and USCIS issued an RFE asking him to explain why he got married "so soon" -- he got married 30 months after divorce, so ensure that you are dating this person for a long period of time as well as divorced.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/7/2023 at 6:09 PM, Demise said:

I'll drop a joke because I'm bored and the thread is slow:

A billionaire is on his death bed is surrounded by his 3 sons: a teacher, a priest, and a lawyer.

He says to them "My sons, I know that they say you can't take it with you but I want to test that theory. I want each of you to take $100,000 from your inheritance and put it in my coffin."

During the funeral each son placed a bag in the coffin.

Sometime after the funeral the three sons met again.

The priest says "Guys, I need to come clean, I put in old news papers in my bag. I thought about the good these $100,000 could do to my parish - beds for the shelter, better food for the soup kitchen, training workshops to get these people off the street, and I just couldn't, I'm sorry."

The teacher says "I too put in crumbled in newspapers. I too thought about the good these $100,000 could do for the school - better equipment, food, clothes, and personal hygiene products for the students that need them and  I couldn't just let that money rot in the ground."

The lawyer says "I can't believe it that you two would just disregard our father's last wish like that."

The other two ask him "What, did you put $100,000 in the coffin?"

The lawyer responds "Of course I did, I put in my personal check for $100,000!".

Hahahaha

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi fam,

Please I need everyone's input. 

I filed VAWA in Feb 2020 after which I received notice of action and subsequently prima facie (about 3 times). I have also renewed my combo card twice. I then relocated to another state and sent form AR11 to USCIS accordingly (Vermont). In July 2022, I received RFE which I responded to a week later than deadline day because my attorney failed to inform me early enough. USCIS acknowledged receipt of the documents and said they will continue working on my case. In March this year, I received 3 mails from USCIS Lees Summit office - 2 Notices of Action for the combo card I already have which is expiring next year and notice of action for the VAWA I filed since Feb 2020 for which I already received confirmation for but this time the received date stated in the letter was August 2020. Why from Lees Summit Office MO instead of Vermont? Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Also, is there a way I could nudge them on my case? I am thinking of using congress person again (I did before) or shall I send same RFE documents again just to see if someone touches my file? @balo101 @Demise @sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.