2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, J2020 said:

Can I-824 fees be waived for Vawa? 

and if it can be waived, can someone still request it to be waived and ask for a refund if they already paid it? 

VAWA is free. For which forms did you pay? 

49 minutes ago, Reister said:

Hello VJ family . How long does it take for them to process your case after you get I 485 transfer notice ? NBC transferred to local field office (Baltimore FO) 

it defends on your field office. Usually it takes around 4 to 6 months as per my experience. 

10 minutes ago, balo101 said:

VAWA is free. For which forms did you pay? 

it defends on your field office. Usually it takes around 4 to 6 months as per my experience. 

I paid 465 for form I-824, can I get it refunded? 

53 minutes ago, J2020 said:

I paid 465 for form I-824, can I get it refunded? 

I don't think USCIS can refund a form I-485 fee if it has already been cashed.

They may argue that you should have asked for fee waiver at the time of filing not after.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, J2020 said:

Can I-824 fees be waived for Vawa? 

and if it can be waived, can someone still request it to be waived and ask for a refund if they already paid it? 

There are no refunds

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

45 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

Hello folks my 485 and 765 shows on the app that “case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction 30 days ago 

what should I expect ? My Vawa got approved on October 6 2022 but I submitted my 485,765  about 3 months ago received.

I think that your form has been transferred to the office that will adjudicate on your form I-765 and later on on your form I-485 if the current location is not your field office.

Just keep waiting and you will soon Year from them, mostly on your form I-765.

Hello fam 

I submitted form I-824 14 months ago to get my approved vawa transferred to the NVC and the embassy to process my immigrant visa abroad. 

824 has not been updated since, but for expedite denial. 

On May 20 2023, my i360 petition (which has already been approved) was updated from approved to “we received your request for a duplicate card” “request for a duplicate card was approved” then again updated to “name was updated” 

I didn’t request a duplicate card or made any name changes, 

The status has not changed since, does anyone know what this might mean? Or if this is a sign that I’ll get a decision to transfer my approval soon? 

Edited by J2020

6 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hello fam 

I submitted form I-824 14 months ago to get my approved vawa transferred to the NVC and the embassy to process my immigrant visa abroad. 

824 has not been updated since, but for expedite denial. 

On May 20 2023, my i360 petition (which has already been approved) was updated from approved to “we received your request for a duplicate card” “request for a duplicate card was approved” then again updated to “name was updated” 

I didn’t request a duplicate card or made any name changes, 

The status has not changed since, does anyone know what this might mean? Or if this is a sign that I’ll get a decision to transfer my approval soon? 

What is the purpose of form I-824?

Form I-824 should be used when the original decision has been lost, stolen or mutilated. Under these circumstances a duplicate of the decision may be requested from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Admissibility Review Office (ARO).Aug 5, 2022
so, I'm asking myself a question:
Was it the proper form to begin with when asking for your approved vawa to be transferred to NVC?
so experimented members like @sandranj or @Pinkrlion might be able to throw their light in it.

2 hours ago, Rhema1 said:
What is the purpose of form I-824?

Form I-824 should be used when the original decision has been lost, stolen or mutilated. Under these circumstances a duplicate of the decision may be requested from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Admissibility Review Office (ARO).Aug 5, 2022
so, I'm asking myself a question:
Was it the proper form to begin with when asking for your approved vawa to be transferred to NVC?
so experimented members like @sandranj or @Pinkrlion might be able to throw their light in it.

You can also file 824 to request that your approved petition transferred to the NVC

824 has many purposes not just to request a duplicate notice. Approval transfer, follow to join, a duplicate notice, request for re-entry etc etc 

Just wondering what the new update on my I-360 would mean 

33 minutes ago, J2020 said:

You can also file 824 to request that your approved petition transferred to the NVC

824 has many purposes not just to request a duplicate notice. Approval transfer, follow to join, a duplicate notice, request for re-entry etc etc 

Just wondering what the new update on my I-360 would mean 

Okay.

At least someone has touched your file.

In which direction?

That's what we should be waiting .

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, J2020 said:

Hello family 

I came here seeking any kind of advice 

I’ve been waiting for 824 to transfer my vawa approval to the NVC for a long time with no update, already exceeded the processing time. I’m stuck with this form not knowing what is going on and why it’s taking so long to just transfer the approval to the NVC.

the attorney doesn’t wanna contact uscis and keeps saying we just have to wait. I’ve tried expediting few times and it got denied. I’ve tried contacting the congressperson and the senator and didn’t work. The attorney refused to contact the ombudsman office and she said I have to find another attorney if I wanna take that route. 

what can I do? I’m beyond depressed at this point I’ve been waiting over a year to get this approval moving but nothing worked out. What do you guys think I should do?

are they taking a long time because my case is based on vawa? 

p.s I need the attorney to receive documents from uscis for me, I can’t fire her because I have no one to receive the documents from uscis for me in the States.

Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

hello everyone, i have a question, let me know if anyone has any idea. So, my vawa was approved like 45 days ago. today i received i-485 RFIE for i-693 Medical Examination. they want me to send it to national benefits center - MO address. Is this pretty routine or do i have a chance to get my green card  approved without an interview? thanks in advance. 

IMG_3823.JPG

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

I did, vsc told them to wait for the processing time. It has already passed the processing time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.