2,974 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Can my case be at nbc after submitting rfe after i485 interview ? Or at local office only? Did my interview and replied to rfe after interview 

Mostly at local office.

They are the ones dealing with All interviews and adjudications of forms i-485.

Edited by Rhema1

My i485 got denied today citing I failed to submit the receipt notice of i601 waiver as requested in the RFE. However, my lawyer submitted the i601 waiver on time and the Vermont office returned the application after the rfe extension period with a letter saying « we do not need this application at this moment ». We submitted that letter anyway to the local office  last month on the 13th February. But the officer denied my i485 saying I did not submit apply for i601 as requested and did not send them the receipt notice of i601. Devastated 🥲

3 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Mostly at local office.

They are the ones dealing with All interviews and adjudications of forms i-485.

Got a letter today, i485 denied

24 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

That's so sad.

The first error was done by the lawyer.

After vawa approval, the form I-601 had to be submitted but to your local office for they were those dealing with your form I-485 or even to NBC.

But you can still tackle the denial with a letter of explanation and the proofs that it was sent, but to Vermont with their response joined.

Experimented members on this thread will tell you exactly what to do.

Just follow and you surely get a better end.

Do not loose hope.

The bible says in Romans 8:28

"All things work together FOR GOOD for those that love God and for those who are called according to HIS purpose"

The rfe said submit i601 with the appropriate office, after receiving the receipt notice and receipt number, only send the receipt notice to the local office for final decision . She sent it first at Vermont, Vermont retuned it with a stamp having the texas address, she again sent it to texas and we received a notifice with the Vermont address that «  this application is not needed at the moment » this notice came after the extension period was over and we sent it anyway to the local office last February 13th. But during the rfe period , 2 weeks before the extension expire we sent a copy of i601 to the local office explaining them that we filed the i601 on time but uscis hasn’t sent the receipt notice yet

Edited by God is a good God

3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

The rfe said submit i601 with the appropriate office, after receiving the receipt notice and receipt number, only send the receipt notice to the local office for final decision . She sent it first at Vermont, Vermont retuned it with a stamp having the texas address, she again sent it to texas and we received a notifice with the Vermont address that «  this application is not needed at the moment » this notice came after the extension period was over and we sent it anyway to the local office last February 13th. But during the rfe period , 2 weeks before the extension expire we sent a copy of i601 to the local office explaining them that we filed the i601 on time but uscis hasn’t sent the receipt notice yet

I will assume here that a copy of the RFE was indeed included both with the original I-601 and the copy of waiver packet sent to the field office. ..did you check ? 
If indeed a copy of the RFE is in the Rejection Packet, then do an I-290 B and simply state the timeline and filing delays along with the VSC letter of No Waiver Needed. 
Worst case scenario, and attorney actually missed including the RFE , then quickly file a new I-485. 
Just a bump on the road, a small setback , totally manageable. Ghengis Khan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Devastated

Look at the speed and substance of the support that you've already gotten here!  :) 

Keep a positive upper lip and a stiff attitude.  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, Family said:

I will assume here that a copy of the RFE was indeed included both with the original I-601 and the copy of waiver packet sent to the field office. ..did you check ? 
If indeed a copy of the RFE is in the Rejection Packet, then do an I-290 B and simply state the timeline and filing delays along with the VSC letter of No Waiver Needed. 
Worst case scenario, and attorney actually missed including the RFE , then quickly file a new I-485. 

2 weeks before the expiration of the extension the attorney told me she mailed a copy of i601 to the local office and gave me the tracking number only . After the i601 was returned with the original i601, the attorney just mailed the VSC letter and a statement explaining the reason why we submitted the vsc letter beyond expiration. But in the denial decision, the officer didn’t mention about the VSC LETTER, I don’t know if he ignore it as it was submitted late or he didn’t receive it , because he said uscis gave you the opportunity to file for waiver  and until now to date we did not receive the receipt notice of the i601 as requested 

11 hours ago, Family said:

This is what USCIS SAID ON THE DENIAL

1FA8B6FD-3122-4478-9526-8C316CCC543E.jpeg

42 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

2 weeks before the expiration of the extension the attorney told me she mailed a copy of i601 to the local office and gave me the tracking number only . After the i601 was returned with the original i601, the attorney just mailed the VSC letter and a statement explaining the reason why we submitted the vsc letter beyond expiration. But in the denial decision, the officer didn’t mention about the VSC LETTER, I don’t know if he ignore it as it was submitted late or he didn’t receive it , because he said uscis gave you the opportunity to file for waiver  and until now to date we did not receive the receipt notice of the i601 as requested 

This is a letter from Vermont, they returned my i601 waiver application accompanied with this letter. This letter was in to the local office after the rfe extension period and I don’t know if the officer reviewed it when making a decision 

E0F99BC9-E7A1-47A9-BABF-D61E2FCB30E7.jpeg

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

This is a letter from Vermont, they returned my i601 waiver application accompanied with this letter. This letter was in to the local office after the rfe extension period and I don’t know if the officer reviewed it when making a decision 

E0F99BC9-E7A1-47A9-BABF-D61E2FCB30E7.jpeg

Whaooh!

I don't think the officer who took that denial decision of your form i-485  had this Vermont letter accompanied with a complete form I-601.

If that being the case, that's typically wickedness.

Nevertheless, with All these evidences, your case will easily be resolved.

I think a Motion of RECONSIDER  your case will be the appropriate route to follow if I am not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

Whaooh!

I don't think the officer who took that denial decision of your form i-485  had this Vermont letter accompanied with a complete form I-601.

If that being the case, that's typically wickedness.

Nevertheless, with All these evidences, your case will easily be resolved.

I think a Motion of RECONSIDER  your case will be the appropriate route to follow if I am not mistaken.

Thank you 

19 hours ago, God is a good God said:

My i485 got denied today citing I failed to submit the receipt notice of i601 waiver as requested in the RFE. However, my lawyer submitted the i601 waiver on time and the Vermont office returned the application after the rfe extension period with a letter saying « we do not need this application at this moment ». We submitted that letter anyway to the local office  last month on the 13th February. But the officer denied my i485 saying I did not submit apply for i601 as requested and did not send them the receipt notice of i601. Devastated 🥲

Got a letter today, i485 denied

Oh dear! I'm so sorry you are going through this. I don't know how this process works so I have no wisdom to offer. My prayer for you is that it all ends swiftly in your favor and in praise.

6 hours ago, God is a good God said:

This is what USCIS SAID ON THE DENIAL

Yes , I understood the denial . As I pointed out earlier you need to look at rejected / returned I-601 packet along with the copy of the I-601 sent to Field Office and make sure a copy of the RFE instructing waiver filing is required. Once you ( or attorney) determine the RFE was there , just file the I-290B ( mark both motion to re open and Motion to reconsider ) and show ALL your attempts at a “ proper filing of required I-601” and diligent actions to timely satisfy the RFE deadline. The resulting rejection/ return of I-601 and appropriate fee is a USCIS error. Therefore you are requesting I-485 be re opened and additional time to file I-601 be granted .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.