2,974 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family,

I hope everyone is doing well, My VAWA was approved MARCH 28TH 2022, MY I-485 moved to nbc in September 2022 and they issued the Deficiency for medical in September 2022. it just stated that medicals are missing and I don't have to do anything, they either request them to be sent In or ask them at interview. 

since it has moved to NBC in September, there hasn't been any update on the case, it's been 6 months already. anybody in same boat or perhaps know what should I do or just wait?

I was under the impression once it is at nbc, it will take less time.

Try to contact your congress person for case inquiry.

Some field offices take much time than others before taking decisions whether to call for an interview or whether to waive it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Makanaki said:

I checked it again, it’s a Request for Additional Evidence. I never received an initial RFE. Has anyone ever been in this boat before please?

It might be the only such request that you'll get.  The "Additional" means "in addition to what you've already sent us and we have in your file."

What in the world could it be please?

Have to wait and see.  It may be something ridiculously simple!

And how long does it take for me to receive the actual letter? 

This depends on when they mailed it and U.S. Postal Service efficiency after that.  Are you registered for USPS Informed Delivery?  This lets you see what you're getting every day.

Keep the faith -- the positive aspect is that there's movement on your case!  Whatever the RFE says, your friends here will help you understand and fulfill it. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

It might be the only such request that you'll get.  The "Additional" means "in addition to what you've already sent us and we have in your file."

Have to wait and see.  It may be something ridiculously simple!

This depends on when they mailed it and U.S. Postal Service efficiency after that.  Are you registered for USPS Informed Delivery?  This lets you see what you're getting every day.

Keep the faith -- the positive aspect is that there's movement on your case!  Whatever the RFE says, your friends here will help you understand and fulfill it. :) 

Thanks @TBoneTX for responding. That makes sense - the “in addition to’.

Yes I do have informed delivery but I’m traveling next Tuesday and kinda hoping it will arrive before then.

Phew! I pray it is something ridiculously simple!

I guess I will just ask a friend to pick up my mails whilst I’m away and scan it to me to reduce my anxiety.

Will definitely post on here once I see it.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Thanks @TBoneTX for responding. That makes sense - the “in addition to’.

Yes I do have informed delivery but I’m traveling next Tuesday and kinda hoping it will arrive before then.

Phew! I pray it is something ridiculously simple!

I guess I will just ask a friend to pick up my mails whilst I’m away and scan it to me to reduce my anxiety.

Will definitely post on here once I see it.

That's the spirit!  "Keep a stiff attitude and a positive upper lip," or something.  :P 

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

5 hours ago, ajango said:

Hello house, I applied for VAWA I-360 since 2021. My original I-485 pd is July 20, 2020. I keep receiving PF's every now and then. Since I am about to finish my Bachelor's degree. would it be worth it to have my company file for a H1-b visa, if my vawa is still pending  ?

Filing PERM is better than H-1B dear (if this option is available). 

Best advice that no one gave me: Try to get into any company that sponsors GC on day 1 assuming you have a current EAD - Meta, Google, Amazon, etc. I knew this too late and when I got in, they filed my GC while I worked on my VAWA case separately. Basically, I had two petitions at the same time. They also provide attorneys at no cost that helps tremendously. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Double said:

Filing PERM is better than H-1B dear (if this option is available). 

Best advice that no one gave me: Try to get into any company that sponsors GC on day 1 assuming you have a current EAD - Meta, Google, Amazon, etc. I knew this too late and when I got in, they filed my GC while I worked on my VAWA case separately. Basically, I had two petitions at the same time. They also provide attorneys at no cost that helps tremendously. 

Hey Double, thanks. This was exactly my thinking! Thanks for providing that guidance. I work for a company that sponsors PERM and provide attorneys at no cost. 

2 hours ago, God is a good God said:

How do you know that your case is at NBC? I submitted RFE on my i485 and uscis returned the RFE which was i601 waiver and said they do not need it at this time. And I submitted the letter from uscis saying they do not need the i601 at this time. What next for me?

You know that your file is already transferred when, after submitting an online case inquiry,

The first three letters of the ticket of that case issued to you at the time is no more EAC.... (Vermont field office) but now your field office or MSC........

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/27/2023 at 6:38 PM, AN2021 said:

Please, Can you tell me, for example, what it means that it could be something?  What does a background check include I have sent  inquire to VSC twice and both times I was told a security check, no background check.

Checking your statements. Verifying where you lived. Verifying bills submitted bank accounts a whole lot. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family,

I hope everyone is doing well, My VAWA was approved MARCH 28TH 2022, MY I-485 moved to nbc in September 2022 and they issued the Deficiency for medical in September 2022. it just stated that medicals are missing and I don't have to do anything, they either request them to be sent In or ask them at interview. 

since it has moved to NBC in September, there hasn't been any update on the case, it's been 6 months already. anybody in same boat or perhaps know what should I do or just wait?

I was under the impression once it is at nbc, it will take less time.

It varies according to your local office

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, St22 said:

can I travel Safe?

If your documents are in order, present them.

If the check-in agent objects, keep asking for supervisors.

9 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

You know that your file is already transferred when, after submitting an online case inquiry,

The first three letters of the ticket of that case issued to you at the time is no more EAC.... (Vermont field office) but now your field office or MSC........

Can my case be at nbc after submitting rfe after i485 interview ? Or at local office only? Did my interview and replied to rfe after interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.