2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/8/2023 at 7:55 PM, Koi1 said:

On today’s Topic of wins and frustrations with lawyers, allow me to share. 

Win: 

My removal proceedings have been terminated with just a prima facie. 
This is a MAJOR WIN for me because i have been i removal and feeling paralyzed since 2018. 

Frustration:

I had to push my lawyer to file for the prosecutorial discretion. It’s been pending for MONTHS! The last update i had was in January and it was still pending. 
I had to email my lawyer, 3 times the past week, to get an update on the case. Come to find out, it’s been terminated since Feb 8 and she didn’t tell me. 
I could’ve already filed 485 and a damn work permit by now but she kept the info to herself. 
This is because she knows I’m not filling those with her. I’ll do it on my own.

We had an agreement before she took my case to pay $4500 for the whole process including filing I360, termination of removal and eventually filing I485 and going to interview. But, she decided to changer her mind midway, and was like “Noo, you’ll have to pay $2500 more for the I485 part” which I declined so whatever! 

Verdict:

I’m happy but so frustrated as well. 

Can you awesome people help me on how i can file these things on my own? 

EEB60259-9C34-4E3E-8CD2-961B3EBA917E.jpeg

For real? I never knew is possible to terminate immigration court case with PF, please enlighten me on this information. 

55 minutes ago, Gomes said:

Hello Everyone, 

I had my i-485 interview based on vawa 3 days ago but the status is still showing Interview Scheduled. Did someone else had same problem? DO you think it is common? did the interviewer forgot to update the status? any help is appreciated. God bless 

It all depends how was your interview. What kind of questions did the officer ask you. 

If they just asked you yes/no questions then it is normal. you would get an update within few days. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Reto said:

Yes it's posible, my lawyer also request the  termination of my court case with a prima facie last year.65F9598C-5BD5-445B-B937-3AF82BA7AC86.thumb.png.8af1e2861f7e6cfcea86a4dc3b178146.png

Thank you, I remembered we had this conversation early last year with my lawyer, her point was to leave the court case in the background just in case vawa didn't approve... 

Just now, Teetop said:

Thank you, I remembered we had this conversation early last year with my lawyer, her point was to leave the court case in the background just in case vawa didn't approve... 

if your vawa is going to work out good  ,close it because at the time of filing the i485  you will have to wait months or years for your judge to close the case. The  you will recived the GC 

when did you file vawa?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Reto said:

if your vawa is going to work out good  ,close it because at the time of filing the i485  you will have to wait months or years for your judge to close the case. The  you will recived the GC 

when did you file vawa?

I filed i360 and i485 concurrently since 2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, Reto said:

I did too , both in july 2021  and got my new work permit  on dec 2022,  c09  after my court was terminated

I would move to terminate the court case 

Just now, Teetop said:

I would move to terminate the court case 

Is your court abou asylum or 42 B cancelation of removal? 

mine was 42 B cancelation of removal, so my lawyer said it was better to terminated the court due to vawa being a strong case. We send the files to the court .

The judge can eighter terminated the court or administrative the case

(sorry my english  is not my first language) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Reto said:

Is your court abou asylum or 42 B cancelation of removal? 

mine was 42 B cancelation of removal, so my lawyer said it was better to terminated the court due to vawa being a strong case. We send the files to the court .

The judge can eighter terminated the court or administrative the case

(sorry my english  is not my first language) 

Right now the case is administrative close base on removal proceedings..

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm Sept 2020 filler,still waiting for my I-360 n I-485 approval, I do normally checking my case status with Lawfully tracker but I see something on it,it appears on the app on Tuesday/Wednesday n Thursday n went off on the app yesterday Fri.....Pls,check the attached file and pls 🙏 explain this to me better if it has happened to you before,tho my case status still saying RFE received since Jan 2021 👇👇👇IMG-20230311-WA0000.thumb.jpg.40fff1c07bc8401d0af44c0067eafee7.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.