2,974 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

My instinct would be to include a copy of the check or money order with which you paid the fees originally.

Others here may have had actual experience and can comment authoritatively.

Thank you for your response. That's my instinct too. I've already filled out my G-1450. Will submit tomorrow. Was waiting for a response here before I mailed it.

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

You filed a new l485 then you have to pay the fee or file a waiver not to pay the fee.You mentioned that  you filed before and they put on hold, but then you refiled then there is a fee.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! 'Will pay the fee.

17 hours ago, Family said:

Is your VaWA I-360 already approved?  What date did you file the I-485 form that was rejected?

1. If you asked for first I-485 ( based on I-130) to be held in abeyance and now you have an approved I-360, then you did not need to refile I-485 again , just wait for them to re open it. 

2. If you choose to file a new I-485 now, then you will need to do updated form and pay or do fee waiver.

Thank you for your response 🙏

5 hours ago, Chancy said:

What was the reason for rejection?  It should be noted in the rejection notice sent to your lawyer.

I’ve seen that letter attached to email. My removal proceeding was temporarily closed . So I don’t know what’s wrong with that submitted application. 

A48BB2D2-D509-4659-94DC-F80C2C3A9BEC.jpeg

Edited by Hope21

Hello Family,

I am working on collecting all the evidences to submit for RFE, and writing self statement. Do I need to hire an Attorney. I am not sure if i should, after hearing so many of horror stories. has anyone done all of it on their own, without attorney? and how much an Attorney would cost. Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, Hope21 said:

I’ve seen that letter attached to email. My removal proceeding was temporarily closed . So I don’t know what’s wrong with that submitted application. 

A48BB2D2-D509-4659-94DC-F80C2C3A9BEC.jpeg

I’ve seen also there some form’s version is expired , I don’t know why they sent old version form. I was sending them new version money $$$$ 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:39 AM, Hope21 said:

Guys , I got approved I-360 5-6 months back .I submitted my I-485 1 month back . Today I got message from my attorney’s office . Aos has been rejected. Attorney office gave me schedule on Thursday it’s long day to wait with my anxious. Is anyone get same? What should I do ?

Did you try and apply for I-485 ( send in the form)without your attorney? 

Even though your I-360 was approved, you cannot apply for AOS w USCIS before the removal proceedings are terminated…

That means attorney has to do motion to terminate w the court and have it granted 

2 minutes ago, Family said:

Even though your I-360 was approved, you cannot apply for AOS w USCIS before the removal proceedings are terminated…

That means attorney has to do motion to terminate w the court and have it granted 

@Family i dont know much about VAWA, but when my i-130 still pending, my lawyer can file i-485 to USCIS even though in the end it was administrative closure because i still in removal proceeding.  is it different with VAWA case? usually rejected means probably she use wrong form, wrong payment etc? @Hope21

5 minutes ago, Misscloud said:
10 minutes ago, Family said:

@Family i dont know much about VAWA, but when my i-130 still pending, my lawyer can file i-485 to USCIS even though in the end it was administrative closure because i still in removal proceeding.  is it different with VAWA case? usually rejected means probably she use wrong form, wrong payment etc? @Hope21

USCIS has no jurisdiction until EOIR terminates.. but as you have experienced in your case, even when a case gets past the mailroom, it will be placed on hold until proceedings are over.

In this case , seems USCIS correctly rejected from the get go

4 minutes ago, Family said:

USCIS has no jurisdiction until EOIR terminates.. but as you have experienced in your case, even when a case gets past the mailroom, it will be placed on hold until proceedings are over.

In this case , seems USCIS correctly rejected from the get go

@Family they sent me i-485 interview letter, and before we began the interview they said we can only interview i-130 part and not i-485. i dont really care because at that time my i-130 has been 19 months and not approved. luckily i-130 approved on the spot. i also remembered when i spoke with Jim he said " you are lucky they didnt denied your i-485 and just admin closed. u can loose ur money" i didnt even know USCIS can denied that ! im 100% confidence that i-485 will admin closed only

one month is way too fast for them to rejected it. i guess its getting interesting nowdays

Edited by Misscloud

Hello guys,

So after submitting i601 waiver and received this blue paper with my package returned saying they don’t need it at this time. I sent it to my local office. Anyone else ever received this blue paper?

I SUSPECT THERE IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST BETWEEN THE local uscis officer and the VERMONT USCIS OFFICER.

As a reminder: Officer at local office gave me 204c fraud on I130 but OFFICER AT VERMONT approved my I360 after a NOID. 
Same officer at local OFFICE did my I485 interview and gave me RFE I601 waiver for something that was already addressed in I360 NOID.

I sent I601 waiver application, I suspect that my application was handled by the same officer who approved my I360. Apparently this officer realized that the I601 issue was already addressed in the NOID I360 and returned the whole package with the uncashed check with THIS BLUE PAPER SAYING THEY DONT NEED THIS I601 at this moment. It’s like the I360 (i601) uscis officer In VERMONT is telling the local office officer that he cannot process this I601 waiver because the issue was already addressed to him and wants the local officer to approve the I485 without a I601 waiver as it’s not needed. AM I RIGHT?

4479174D-EFA7-4861-853F-4B496229884C.jpeg

2 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello guys,

So after submitting i601 waiver and received this blue paper with my package returned saying they don’t need it at this time. I sent it to my local office. Anyone else ever received this blue paper?

I SUSPECT THERE IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST BETWEEN THE local uscis officer and the VERMONT USCIS OFFICER.

As a reminder: Officer at local office gave me 204c fraud on I130 but OFFICER AT VERMONT approved my I360 after a NOID. 
Same officer at local OFFICE did my I485 interview and gave me RFE I601 waiver for something that was already addressed in I360 NOID.

I sent I601 waiver application, I suspect that my application was handled by the same officer who approved my I360. Apparently this officer realized that the I601 issue was already addressed in the NOID I360 and returned the whole package with the uncashed check with THIS BLUE PAPER SAYING THEY DONT NEED THIS I601 at this moment. It’s like the I360 (i601) uscis officer In VERMONT is telling the local office officer that he cannot process this I601 waiver because the issue was already addressed to him and wants the local officer to approve the I485 without a I601 waiver as it’s not needed. AM I RIGHT?

4479174D-EFA7-4861-853F-4B496229884C.jpeg

Did you take this letter to your local office or try to communicate with the officer  interviewed you.

3 hours ago, Apple90 said:

Did you take this letter to your local office or try to communicate with the officer  interviewed you.

I mailed it yes, before this letter I mailed a copy of i601 to the officer since the time to respond to RFE was expiring and explained in a letter that we haven’t received the receipt notice for i601. After receiving this letter from Vermont I mailed it and was delivered on the Wednesday 15th 

On 2/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, Priya25 said:

Hello Family,

I am working on collecting all the evidences to submit for RFE, and writing self statement. Do I need to hire an Attorney. I am not sure if i should, after hearing so many of horror stories. has anyone done all of it on their own, without attorney? and how much an Attorney would cost. Thanks in advance.

did it myself with @sandranj's help and read almost all past vawa threads. 3pfs, no rfe, approved last year. waiting for gc now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oh, boy -- Sunday!  Time for our hilarious and eagerly awaited Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==========================================

LITTLE JOHNNY IS FASCINATED

The teacher asked her class to use the word "fascinate" in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, "My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep.  It was fascinating."

The teacher said, "That was good, Molly, but I wanted you to use the word 'fascinate,' not 'fascinating.'"

Caroline raised her hand and said, "My family went to see New York City and I was fascinated."

The teacher sighed and said, "Well, that was good, Caroline, but I wanted you to use the word 'fascinate.'"

Little Johnny raised his hand.  The teacher knew that he was a troublemaker, but she was desperate to finish this lesson, and she decided that in no way could he damage the word "fascinate."  She called on him.

Johnny said, "My aunt Martha has a sweater with ten buttons, but her breasts are so big, she can only fasten eight!"

The teacher sat down and cried.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.