2,974 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sasacb said:

Another update to all members from this amazing forum ! 

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

Since 2018 they never took any action on my case ‘always renewing prima facie and work permit’. I sent a lot inquires from congressman to USCIS and they always saying ‘background check’.

**July2022- I fired the lawyer who filed my case and hired a new one. The new lawyer was doing everything to make uscis take action on my case and that didn’t make any difference to USCIS they was saying background check again and again.
My new lawyer recommended that I hire another lawyer to sue USCIS ‘MANDAMUS’.

**September2022 - I hire a lawyer to sue the uscis that cost me $5k and the amazing lawyer assured me that my case would be approved based on my evidences against my abuser.

**November 2022  - vawa approved.

**December14/2022 - RFE i693 

**January26/2023 - i485 APPROVED no interview

THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone finally my journey is completed so far 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I sent my I693 to USCIS on 01/17/2023 and they approved me today 01/26/2023 .

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏🙏

2FBAF77F-21E4-487C-A057-67DB15808658.jpeg

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊🍾 😄 so thrilled for you! God over everything!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Memo@ said:

Congratulations 🥳🥳 what rfe did usics ask before vawa approved 

They only asked me in 2018 RFE for good moral character! That was all!

they never asked for my divorce, birth certificate or other thing !

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊🍾 😄 so thrilled for you! God over everything!

Thank you so much dear ! 
I remember you from the past helping me ! 
thank you god bless you 

1 hour ago, Sasacb said:

Time line 

Since 2018 they never took any action on my case ‘always renewing prima facie and work permit’. I sent a lot inquires from congressman to USCIS and they always saying ‘background check’.

**July2022- I fired the lawyer who filed my case and hired a new one. The new lawyer was doing everything to make uscis take action on my case and that didn’t make any difference to USCIS they was saying background check again and again.

**September2022 - I hire a lawyer to sue the uscis that cost me $5k and the amazing lawyer assured me that my case would be approved based on my evidences against my abuser.

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏🙏

Congrats dear, that is indeed an excellent news. Thanks for sharing. Very happy for you. This brings peace of mind.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sasacb said:

Congratulations. May i know who is your lawyer who filed Madamus? 

I consider my case relatively weak. Very few documents, weak psychological evaluation as psychologist was not good. I received 2 RFE's so far. 2nd was on 6 page long asking all minor details about my case. Last status update was correspondence received in Sept 2021, nothing since then, recently i inquire through congressmen, got to know i am stuck in background check, dont know what they are checking, I am getting restless. I am thinking to file Mandamus, what you recommend? what are the criteria's, requirement for mandamus? Would it turn negative for me? I cant even travel as they could anytime deny my case i am being abroad.   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Congratulations. May i know who is your lawyer who filed Madamus? 

I consider my case relatively weak. Very few documents, weak psychological evaluation as psychologist was not good. I received 2 RFE's so far. 2nd was on 6 page long asking all minor details about my case. Last status update was correspondence received in Sept 2021, nothing since then, recently i inquire through congressmen, got to know i am stuck in background check, dont know what they are checking, I am getting restless. I am thinking to file Mandamus, what you recommend? what are the criteria's, requirement for mandamus? Would it turn negative for me? I cant even travel as they could anytime deny my case i am being abroad.   

I was waiting for my green card for almost 5 years!

I’ve being traveling  to my country and other countries with  advance parole but I never ask for asylum or was in a remove process … I don’t see any problems traveling if you are in the same situation that I was.

if you wanna give a call to my lawyer and set it up a meeting with her and then she’s gonna tell you if you qualify for mandamus! Hope you can hear good news very soon 🙏

she’s from Massachusetts but she has clients all over the USA

25C8A735-EE9F-4E18-B082-DE2C8B0067EC.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sasacb said:

they approved me today

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, ImmiUSA said:

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! Maybe I ask how long did it take to receive I-360 approval from receiving c-31 EAD

Mine took about 5 months if I'm remembering correctly!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Time line 

Congratulations!!

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can serve the divorce papers by publication ,but you need to have proof that you tried to locate him, such as sending a register letter to his last place or contacting his employer etc.

You won’t have any problem because you didn’t divorce until now .

Thx Sandranj for all the support! I had already sent the letter earlier and was returned as my ex was not living there.I also checked with employer with whom my ex was working last and one if his friend too but no body knows . Now should i write the name and date of the person,  that i confirmed about my ex. Also so now what should i tell my interviewer if he ask why am i not divorced till now at the time of my interview. Im worried as it’s been 9 years since i saw my ex.Sorry for asking too many questions.🙏

5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Time line 

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏

Mandamus. 

Edited by @GodsChild
Not needed

5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Time line 

Congratulations!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.