2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, balo101 said:

I do not think USCIS send the transfer notices. 

I have seen few people who purchased the house with only EAD. I think it depends on the bank. Most bank would giver you loan as long as you have valid EAD

is there a link that states they don't send transfer notices? i googled and the uscis website says they do. but idk if they mean they do in the sense of just updating it on your case status or physically mailing a letter.

17 minutes ago, TheGraveMistake said:

is there a link that states they don't send transfer notices? i googled and the uscis website says they do. but idk if they mean they do in the sense of just updating it on your case status or physically mailing a letter.

as far i know USCIS does not send notice once their transfer your file from NBC to local filed office. For some people they just get the update online that case has been transferred and there are some who do not get any notifications at all.  

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

I do not think USCIS send the transfer notices. 

I have seen few people who purchased the house with only EAD. I think it depends on the bank. Most bank would giver you loan as long as you have valid EAD

I actually got a transfer notice letter together with my I360 approval letter. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, TheGraveMistake said:

Hey guys in need of some knowledge and advice. We applied under i-360/i485 its been a month since the i-360 has been approved and immigration has been making updates to the i485 case. The last update to my own i485 case was them transferring the case. 

Anyways so im trying to cosign a mortgage for a very good friend of mine and his fiancée and the underwriting is demanding that i provide evidence of the i485 case transfer. The issue is that the lawyer in charge of our case has not received the transfer notice from immigration yet and the closing date for the home is set for this friday. 

My question is is the approval of the i-360 not enough evidence to qualify me to either be able to purchase a home in the US or to even cosign? 

Approval of I-360 does not make you a LPR.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

11 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

My EAD got approved today ( second time,)4F70A69F-5DC3-40C1-A1D9-00C8F1542A66.thumb.jpeg.e819b2808c0fe45840b5a11e4f064f0e.jpeg18EBB6B5-1279-46AA-B49D-B4CD47C1FD51.thumb.jpeg.774f122f687e75d2b061270df45d002c.jpeg

Anyone know if for 2 years or one year ? 
and the  expiration date on the EAD it’s count from the day I applied or the day I got approved? 

and my vawa case still on name was updated 

it’s good signs or ? 

Congratulations. It is gonna be for 2 years. It would start the day it got approved. If it got approved  today then two years would start from today.

Edited by balo101

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

Congratulations. It is gonna be for 2 years. It would start the day it got approved. If it got approved  today then two years would start from today.

Thank you sooo much you just made my day 🥲🥲 

and how about vawa case ? 
it’s still on name updated, 

it’s good sign if I got EAD twice ? 
no ref just good moral 

14 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

can anyone tell whats going with fingerprint applied to all the cases? is it glitch

I got that update on my I-485 yesterday so it’s nothing to be excited about ?

Edited by lonelyheartclub

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.