Jason and May

Qatar Police Clearance Certificate, Apply From Philippines

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I just have a question I thought I'd see if someone might have had experience with and can answer. 

My wife and I are in the process of her CR1 visa. She is from the Philippines and is residing there currently, while we await her visa. 

She was an overseas filipino worker, and she lived and worked in several countries over the years. So, we have started the process of gathering her PCCs so we are prepared when she ultimately gets to her interview. 

The one PCC we've run into some issues with is Qatar. We checked with the Qatar embassy in Manila, and we received from them instructions on how to apply for her PCC from Qatar. Qatar, however, requires as part of the application process a sundry fingerprint card. When my wife went to the Manila DFA to obtain her fingerprint card, she was told by staff she has to get an "endorsement letter" from the US Embassy in order to get her fingerprint card. OR wait for her "NVC" because her "visa hasn't been approved yet." 

The NVC thing doesn't make sense to me. I believe what they meant was she has her NOA 1--and she took that with her to the DFA--but her case is still processing and has not yet been transferred to the National Visa Center...? 

I've googled the endorsement letter issue. I've tried to reach the Philippine embassy in Chicago to ask about it and was unable to get an answer. 

If you've had any experience with this, could you please share with me how she should go about obtaining the endorsement letter from the US embassy or what the Manila DFA staff meant by her "NVC?" 

Thanks, all. 

Warmly, 

Jason 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

Hi all, 

I just have a question I thought I'd see if someone might have had experience with and can answer. 

My wife and I are in the process of her CR1 visa. She is from the Philippines and is residing there currently, while we await her visa. 

She was an overseas filipino worker, and she lived and worked in several countries over the years. So, we have started the process of gathering her PCCs so we are prepared when she ultimately gets to her interview. 

The one PCC we've run into some issues with is Qatar. We checked with the Qatar embassy in Manila, and we received from them instructions on how to apply for her PCC from Qatar. Qatar, however, requires as part of the application process a sundry fingerprint card. When my wife went to the Manila DFA to obtain her fingerprint card, she was told by staff she has to get an "endorsement letter" from the US Embassy in order to get her fingerprint card. OR wait for her "NVC" because her "visa hasn't been approved yet." 

The NVC thing doesn't make sense to me. I believe what they meant was she has her NOA 1--and she took that with her to the DFA--but her case is still processing and has not yet been transferred to the National Visa Center...? 

I've googled the endorsement letter issue. I've tried to reach the Philippine embassy in Chicago to ask about it and was unable to get an answer. 

If you've had any experience with this, could you please share with me how she should go about obtaining the endorsement letter from the US embassy or what the Manila DFA staff meant by her "NVC?" 

Thanks, all. 

Warmly, 

Jason 

Does this information (including the link) help or is it what you have already?  It would not surprise me to learn you must wait until your petition is approved before applying.

Procedure for Obtaining:   Residents of Qatar can apply by visiting the Office of the General Directorate of Criminal Investigations in person.  Former residents now living outside Qatar can apply via mail by including a return envelope and a processing fee of 10 U.S. dollars in cash.  They may also ask a friend or relative to act on their behalf by applying in person and paying the in-person processing fee of 10 Qatari Riyals.  Details on the application procedure are available at the Ministry of Interior’s website at moi.gov.qa

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

32 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Does this information (including the link) help or is it what you have already?  It would not surprise me to learn you must wait until your petition is approved before applying.

Procedure for Obtaining:   Residents of Qatar can apply by visiting the Office of the General Directorate of Criminal Investigations in person.  Former residents now living outside Qatar can apply via mail by including a return envelope and a processing fee of 10 U.S. dollars in cash.  They may also ask a friend or relative to act on their behalf by applying in person and paying the in-person processing fee of 10 Qatari Riyals.  Details on the application procedure are available at the Ministry of Interior’s website at moi.gov.qa

Hi, P. 

Yes, we have that information. That's some of the same information the Qatar embassy in Manila included in the application packet they gave my wife; we've also seen that on their website. 

Thank you, though! I appreciate you trying to help! :)

Best, 

Jason 

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to the Philippine regional forum, for country-specific input ***

4 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Qatar, however, requires as part of the application process a sundry fingerprint card.

Advise your wife to get the sundry/fingerprint card from PNP Camp Crame.  No endorsement letter required.  Details in the post below from @maligayang pasko --

6 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to the Philippine regional forum, for country-specific input ***

Advise your wife to get the sundry/fingerprint card from PNP Camp Crame.  No endorsement letter required.  Details in the post below from @maligayang pasko --

Hi Chancy, 

This is gold. Thank you! 

I really appreciate you. :)

Warmly,

Jason

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, pushbrk said:

We are in need of Qatar PCC, I am wondering if this procedure where we can send via mail w 10$ is still applicable to this year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.