Mvivori

NVC Hiccup

5 posts in this topic

My question is very simple.  My wife’s I-130 was approved on 05/16/22 and forwarded to the NVC.  I sent the NVC the required forms and payment on 06/10/22.  On 08/18/22 the NVC asked me for additional Tax Information on 08/20/22.  The question is how long of a delay should I expect from NVC because of the Tax Question?  

Please see below for some interesting developments in my case regarding my stepchildren’s I-130’s.

I filed my wife’s I-130 on 06/30/21, which was approved on 05/16/22.  I submitted the DS-260 and I-864 on 06/10/22 to NVC.  I then realized I had screwed up by not filing separate I-130’s for my 2 stepchildren so I did that on 06/30/22 exactly one year after I filed my wife’s.  On 08/10/22 I asked my US Senator for help if possible to speed up the children’s approval sine my wife’s was already at NVC. I filled out their paperwork and then waited.  Meanwhile, the stepchildren’s I-830’s went to Nebraska processing site and transferred to Vermont.  On 08/18/22 NVC asked me for additional tax return info which I sent them on 08/20/22.  

Yesterday I noticed that the children’s I-130 had a new message of “Under Active Review” dated 09/13/22.  Previously it stated “Under active review” dated 06/30/22. Later in the day (I’m 12 hours ahead of the NVC in NH) it was posted Approved.  Now remember I had just filed their I-130’s on 06/30/22.  So in 2 months, 18 days I received my stepchildren’s Approval for their I-130’s.  My Senators Team contacted the USCIS on my behalf and acknowledged that while I was responsible for the one year delay in the filing for our children’s I-130’s and it was certainly not the fault of the USCIS could they help in advancing the approval process for the children.  We pointed out that my wife’s I-130 was approved without any questions and my income covered the 4 of us.  Additionally the children are 6 & 8 yrs old and  there are no issues with their I-130’s.  I’m sharing this bc this forum has helped me since I first suspected I screwed up.  So I can say, at least in my circumstances, the Congressional help works.  

Now I just need for the NVC to look at them ASAP.

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to NVC forum, where similar topics about NVC review time are discussed ***

1 hour ago, Mvivori said:

how long of a delay should I expect from NVC because of the Tax Question?

Typically, if you are told to re-submit one of the items in the Required Documents section, you go back to the end of the queue.  If the new submission is to the Additional Documents section, there's a good chance the review will be quicker than the 1st round.  In any case, just submit asap and hope you get lucky with a quick review.

Maybe I’ll get lucky twice.  Maybe that’s hoping for too much but if my Senator helped me get the I-130’s through in 2 1/2 months, only 1 1/2 months after I asked for help maybe they can help again.  They asked today that I let them know when I submit my children's docs so they can contact NVC.  I’ll let you all know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.