Hamster X

RFE asked for documents already submitted (merged)

75 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 8:14 AM, CaLi90 said:

I originally submitted the tax return with W2s and all accompanying evidence. I got the same RFE and no Tax Transcript was mentioned in it, but because my spouse had several jobs throughout that particular tax year, we decided to submit the Tax Transcript as it was much more straightforward to match total income column, and the USCIS officer didn’t have to match all the W2s. 

As for the current income, she had been at that job for over a year by the time we submitted and provided recent pay stubs, employment letter etc.

This was enough to be accepted and my NYC interview was scheduled a few months after they received the RFE

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks! I was thinking the same, but in the RFE it didn't ask for the tax transcript at all.

I saw your other post about sending the physical copies instead of submitting online because of the signature. I was thinking that submitting everything online should be the safest and fasted way but now I'd look into this more.

Hi, in the RFE letter it mentioned both the physical mailing address and the USCIS online portal, which I have an account and have been receiving all the letters digitally at.

The RFE did ask for the signed I-864 form itself again, so I wonder if the signature part also counts if it's a scanned copy?

Has anyone tried to submit the RFE via the USCIS website? How did it go?

I've found the upload link, just need to make sure that signatures can be scanned copies.

47 minutes ago, Hamster X said:

Thanks! I was thinking the same, but in the RFE it didn't ask for the tax transcript at all.

I saw your other post about sending the physical copies instead of submitting online because of the signature. I was thinking that submitting everything online should be the safest and fasted way but now I'd look into this more.

You don’t need to send physical copies. You simply need to scan the AOS once they are hand signed with black pen and upload it to the CEAC.

31 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

You don’t need to send physical copies. You simply need to scan the AOS once they are hand signed with black pen and upload it to the CEAC.

Ah..scanning only the signed page or every single page? We filled out the form digitally, so is it okay if the other pages are digital, only the signature page is scanned?

Edited by Hamster X

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Follow the RFE guidelines 

You cannot upload I-864 online to respond to a case. USCIS hasn't got to to the point where that can be done.l online. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 minute ago, Timona said:

Follow the RFE guidelines 

You cannot upload I-864 online to respond to a case. USCIS hasn't got to to the point where that can be done.l online. 

The online option was mentioned in the RFE letter per se, and I did see where to upload them on the site as well as the file size requirements.

We filled out all the forms digitally and only the signature part was written by hand.

So USCIS did get to the point where this can be done online, the only thing I'm worried about is if the scanned signature is valid.

@Hamster X You have plenty of time to respond to RFE. If I was in your shoes, I'd get advice from an immigration attorney, to make sure the reponse to RFE is adequate.

Then mail it (so you have a proof of providing it). Mailing also solves any issues with signature.

That's my opinion only

29 minutes ago, Hamster X said:

Ah..scanning only the signed page or every single page? We filled out the form digitally, so is it okay if the other pages are digital, only the signature page is scanned?

Whether you end up submitting evidence electronically or by mailing, ALWAYS provide every single page. Otherwise you risk confusing the person working on your case.

Edited by OldUser

12 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Whether you end up submitting evidence electronically or by mailing, ALWAYS provide every single page. Otherwise you risk confusing the person working on your case.

Yeah you're right.

9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Hamster X You have plenty of time to respond to RFE. If I was in your shoes, I'd get advice from an immigration attorney, to make sure the reponse to RFE is adequate.

Then mail it (so you have a proof of providing it). Mailing also solves any issues with signature.

That's my opinion only

My grad school has free immigration attorneys for consultation only (they don't represent people). I've made an appointment with one tomorrow.

Although now I'm really confused since so far the attorney said totally different things from what very experienced folks on this forum had suggested. Like: submit everything including all W-2s and 1040s from all 3 previous years..etc.

@Hamster X it all depends on what RFE asked for. If you did not initially include substantial evidence (tax transcripts, bank accounts etc) then it's normal to receive an RFE. Make sure to consult with somebody experienced and provide enough evidence. Otherwise you may get a NOID.

11 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Hamster X it all depends on what RFE asked for. If you did not initially include substantial evidence (tax transcripts, bank accounts etc) then it's normal to receive an RFE. Make sure to consult with somebody experienced and provide enough evidence. Otherwise you may get a NOID.

I just checked, actually I didn't submit the incomplete documents, I took them out last minute and they're on my desk.

Initially, I submitted the following items:

IRS tax transcript of 2021, 2020, 2019 (all 3 years clearly exceeded the 125% line)
Complete 1040 of 2021
All W-2s and 1099s from 2021
Most recent pay stubs and recent contracts stating income from both employers

So I did have the tax transcript and actually didn't submitted the incomplete documents. Just not all the 1040s.

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Why not all?

Because technically tax transcript = 1040 plus W-2s and 1099s. People usually submit either the tax transcript alone or that combo. Some folks here said that my mistake was to submit both, I really don't know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.