Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

531 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

Hey everyone, my husband got approved on Tuesday!! Had his interview, brought the giant folder with so many extra forms and proofs of domicile, etc and they didn't really ask for anything extra, just hard copies of everything from CEAC.

The guy asked him 3 questions and that was it. I think the fact that we live together here helped, I was really worried about proof of domicile but we just took photocopy of my still valid US driver's license, proof over voter registration and a utility bill from the address we'll be living at that has been changed to my name starting January 2024, as well as my US passport. 

They told him he'd get his passport in 2-3 weeks, so now it's the final waiting game of this whole thing! We're probably going to move in July so we have some time to finalize everything here. 

Sending all of you lots of good luck that you get approvals soon as well!!!

Congratulations!!! 

10 hours ago, ms_gv said:

Hey everyone, my husband got approved on Tuesday!! Had his interview, brought the giant folder with so many extra forms and proofs of domicile, etc and they didn't really ask for anything extra, just hard copies of everything from CEAC.

The guy asked him 3 questions and that was it. I think the fact that we live together here helped, I was really worried about proof of domicile but we just took photocopy of my still valid US driver's license, proof over voter registration and a utility bill from the address we'll be living at that has been changed to my name starting January 2024, as well as my US passport. 

They told him he'd get his passport in 2-3 weeks, so now it's the final waiting game of this whole thing! We're probably going to move in July so we have some time to finalize everything here. 

Sending all of you lots of good luck that you get approvals soon as well!!!

Congratulations!

If his timeline is anything like mine, he'll get his passport back in 4-5 working days. I submitted mine in the Monday and got it back on the Friday.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

The stamped passport return took about 2 weeks and we finally booked tickets yesterday! We'll be heading stateside in July. Hope everyone else is getting to the finish line as well🤞

• 2 weeks later...

I had my interview today and I got approved. I’m so relieved as all of my husband’s documents and our marriage certificate got delayed in the post and I still don’t have it. Luckily they accepted the original marriage license and a scan of the certificate. They didn’t ask to see anything of his. 

I hope everyone else is doing okay! 

43 minutes ago, Mil123 said:

I had my interview today and I got approved. I’m so relieved as all of my husband’s documents and our marriage certificate got delayed in the post and I still don’t have it. Luckily they accepted the original marriage license and a scan of the certificate. They didn’t ask to see anything of his. 

I hope everyone else is doing okay! 

huge contrats!  Hopefully your passport will be back with you late this week early next week!  🥳

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Hijack comment split to new topic thread***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

Huh?

I just created a new topic from a question in this thread.  It broadens the number of viewers.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I just created a new topic from a question in this thread.  It broadens the number of viewers.

What is the name of this topic? So I can find answers to my question. I was also trying to ask my fellow friends here if they ran into the same issue. 

Timeline
Just now, DaniandChris said:

What is the name of this topic? So I can find answers to my question. I was also trying to ask my fellow friends here if they ran into the same issue. 

I just got DC today! But I have a question to see if others have received this same message when they were DC. “The income reported as stated on form I-864, I-864A is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted“

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey everyone! We are officially settled in the US. We arrived thru JFK yesterday morning, and despite reading in many thread on this site that they would let you and your immigrant spouse pass thru the US Citizen's line, we were told we both had to go to the non-citizen line (which was longer, obviously). Arriving at the window, my husband mentioned he's entering on a CR1 visa, the officer was very relaxed, called another officer over to take my husband to "the room" and asked me to wait by the exit door. 

My husband was in and out in 10 minutes, he said he literally waited for them to call his name, had him enter, was not asked anything, was simply told, "you're all set, welcome to the US" and he was free to go!

Hoping everyone else has as smooth of a time as us. We're crossing our fingers his SSN arrives soon so we can get started on the other state-side bureaucracy like bank accts and driver's license - has anyone gotten their SSN yet, and how long did it take?

Edited by ms_gv

46 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

Hey everyone! We are officially settled in the US. We arrived thru JFK yesterday morning, and despite reading in many thread on this site that they would let you and your immigrant spouse pass thru the US Citizen's line, we were told we both had to go to the non-citizen line (which was longer, obviously). Arriving at the window, my husband mentioned he's entering on a CR1 visa, the officer was very relaxed, called another officer over to take my husband to "the room" and asked me to wait by the exit door. 

My husband was in and out in 10 minutes, he said he literally waited for them to call his name, had him enter, was not asked anything, was simply told, "you're all set, welcome to the US" and he was free to go!

Hoping everyone else has as smooth of a time as us. We're crossing our fingers his SSN arrives soon so we can get started on the other state-side bureaucracy like bank accts and driver's license - has anyone gotten their SSN yet, and how long did it take?

I landed in the US on Wednesday with my IR1, and had similar experience at SFO being taken off to a secondary CBP room. Was asked to verify a few phone numbers and addresses, but nothing major.

Also waiting to hear about the SSN and wondering if I can just go to the nearest social security office to get it.

Edited by bencdxb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.