Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

531 posts in this topic

Just now, bencdxb said:

Thanks. I've downloaded a couple of them now and struggling to get them to recognise the NVC case number starting LND (except Lawfully, which does pull the data back). The two others accept the old USCIS number, but not the NVC numbers - any tips on how you got it to do that?

Screenshot_20230923_102756_One UI Home.jpg

I think you use this for NVC. I didn't track it until after my interview to be honest.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

2 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Thanks. I've downloaded a couple of them now and struggling to get them to recognise the NVC case number starting LND (except Lawfully, which does pull the data back). The two others accept the old USCIS number, but not the NVC numbers - any tips on how you got it to do that?

Screenshot_20230923_102756_One UI Home.jpg

It’s this one, it ask for NVC’s case ID.

IMG_6741.jpeg

On 9/14/2023 at 6:20 AM, bencdxb said:

I was DQ'd a while ago, but just received an RFE for my wife's domicile (we're living together overseas, and have been for the last 10 years). Struggling to figure out what evidence they want - can show US bank accounts, still a registered voter, uses parents mailing address for statements etc. Unfortunately her US driver's licence expired a couple of years ago, and she never got around to renewing, so can't show that. What else can we do to satisfy the domcile requirements? We're going to be registering the kids to go to school there, but can't do that until Feb when the registration window opens up. Anyone else had this issue? Or any tips?

What did you endup doing regarding the domicile document?

Was the bank account with the us address enough ?

6 hours ago, Speedy troy said:

What did you endup doing regarding the domicile document?

Was the bank account with the us address enough ?

Still waiting to hear back on that one. If that doesn't work, my wife is trying to get her US transfer agreement with her work sorted out this week, so hopefully can send a copy of that document and that will suffice.

If not, we're enrolling the kids in school there for next year (enrollment doesn't open until February) so hopefully the correspondence with the school will work. That'll end up showing 5 separate pieces of evidence, so surely that must work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
12 hours ago, bencdxb said:

Still waiting to hear back on that one. If that doesn't work, my wife is trying to get her US transfer agreement with her work sorted out this week, so hopefully can send a copy of that document and that will suffice.

If not, we're enrolling the kids in school there for next year (enrollment doesn't open until February) so hopefully the correspondence with the school will work. That'll end up showing 5 separate pieces of evidence, so surely that must work.

I'm also concerned about this in our case. I have lived abroad for almost 5 years now, met my husband here and have been back only twice in the past 5 years. I'm hoping the fact that I have a current mailing address in the US thru my parents, bank accounts, voter registration and absentee voting records, as well as a US driver's license will be enough! We're not planning on looking for work before we arrive so I won't have anything relating to jobs and we don't have kids to enroll in schools. I've heard showing money transfers between your foreign and domestic bank accounts help? Anyone else heard that? 

3 hours ago, ms_gv said:

I'm also concerned about this in our case. I have lived abroad for almost 5 years now, met my husband here and have been back only twice in the past 5 years. I'm hoping the fact that I have a current mailing address in the US thru my parents, bank accounts, voter registration and absentee voting records, as well as a US driver's license will be enough! We're not planning on looking for work before we arrive so I won't have anything relating to jobs and we don't have kids to enroll in schools. I've heard showing money transfers between your foreign and domestic bank accounts help? Anyone else heard that? 

Have u submitted your AOS and civil documents?

So we still haven’t submitted all our stuff yet because we’ve run In to a few issues. Issue 1: filing taxes for my 2021-2022, my husband needs a social security number for me to file married but separately. What can anyone tell me about how to get around this? Issue 2: still waiting on the police certificate that’s been in since the 2nd of Sept. 

4 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

So we still haven’t submitted all our stuff yet because we’ve run In to a few issues. Issue 1: filing taxes for my 2021-2022, my husband needs a social security number for me to file married but separately. What can anyone tell me about how to get around this? Issue 2: still waiting on the police certificate that’s been in since the 2nd of Sept. 

I don’t think he needs a social security number for now if he lives outside the United States and since you are married you can choose married filing separate there is no problem with that since he is not a resident yet or you can file as a head of household if you have a dependent in your house. 

9 hours ago, DaniandChris said:

I once read that some of the online filing places ask for SSN and some don't. I think it was Turbotax that allows it? I'll try and find out again.

On 9/27/2023 at 8:23 AM, MarmiteC said:

I once read that some of the online filing places ask for SSN and some don't. I think it was Turbotax that allows it? I'll try and find out again.

Has anyone seen any movement on their case recently, this place has been quiet of late. Anymore approvals from USCIS and NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

Has anyone seen any movement on their case recently, this place has been quiet of late. Anymore approvals from USCIS and NVC

Yes we got DQ from NVC. Now it's just a wait game for the Interview letter😅

1 minute ago, rachit said:

Yes we got DQ from NVC. Now it's just a wait game for the Interview letter😅

Congratulations, which country is your interview location. 

We’re waiting until early next year before sending off the documents and whatnot for the embassy interview. We decided it made more financial sense to wait until after our 2 year wedding anniversary (as painful as that is) so need to time it right. Although we’ve gone backwards and forwards on that a few times in the last month or so. 

2 minutes ago, Mil123 said:

We’re waiting until early next year before sending off the documents and whatnot for the embassy interview. We decided it made more financial sense to wait until after our 2 year wedding anniversary (as painful as that is) so need to time it right. Although we’ve gone backwards and forwards on that a few times in the last month or so. 

That sounds good but don’t forget to be communicating with NVC so your petition will not be terminated after 1 year. Wish you best of luck 

17 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

That sounds good but don’t forget to be communicating with NVC so your petition will not be terminated after 1 year. Wish you best of luck 

Thank you! 

We only got approved by USCIS in August and will be sending off the paperwork and paying the fees in January (that’s the plan anyway) so I think we should be fine. I plan to move there pretty much a year after getting approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.