13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi y’all,

Me and my son (8 year old) came to the US on k1 Dec ‘21. Filed for AOS in feb ‘22, within a year of doing my medical exams in my home country. Last week I received a RFE for showing proof of a marital life (evidence already sent). But my son received a RFE for doing his medical. I don’t understand why, as we filed for AOS within a year. I called USCIS, the person I spoke to said I will receive a call back within 30 days. Has anyone experience with this? What can I do more? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Casjino said:

Hi y’all,

Me and my son (8 year old) came to the US on k1 Dec ‘21. Filed for AOS in feb ‘22, within a year of doing my medical exams in my home country. Last week I received a RFE for showing proof of a marital life (evidence already sent). But my son received a RFE for doing his medical. I don’t understand why, as we filed for AOS within a year. I called USCIS, the person I spoke to said I will receive a call back within 30 days. Has anyone experience with this? What can I do more? 

I haven’t personally experienced this but have read a lot of visa journey experiences like this. Either the medical for your son hasn’t got everything needed signed off or if he has, they have possibly lost it. It’s unfair but not much you can do but call or get a new medical for him. Hope it’s the cheaper of the two for you. 

Good luck to both of you. 

18 minutes ago, Casjino said:

No request for evidence 

Is his DS3025 marked as complete?

Did you submit a photocopy of his DS3025 with his I485?

It's a possibility the transfer from CPB to DHS of your visa packet wasn't complete so it was lost.

It's also a possibility that there was something filled out incorrectly on his form so that it unclear that he was a K2 and is eligible for the medical "exemption".

It's also a greater possibility that the doofus who is working on your package doesn't know much about K visas.

At most, you can ask for an Infopass at your LFO and try to speak with an officer.

At best, you should bite the bullet and just get his medical redone by a CS and an I693 filled out.

If the RFE deadline is outside of that expected return phone call from USCIS, you should wait until then. You could book a CS appointment to take place after the 30 days and just cancel it if you need to.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Is his DS3025 marked as complete?

Did you submit a photocopy of his DS3025 with his I485?

It's a possibility the transfer from CPB to DHS of your visa packet wasn't complete so it was lost.

It's also a possibility that there was something filled out incorrectly on his form so that it unclear that he was a K2 and is eligible for the medical "exemption".

It's also a greater possibility that the doofus who is working on your package doesn't know much about K visas.

At most, you can ask for an Infopass at your LFO and try to speak with an officer.

At best, you should bite the bullet and just get his medical redone by a CS and an I693 filled out.

If the RFE deadline is outside of that expected return phone call from USCIS, you should wait until then. You could book a CS appointment to take place after the 30 days and just cancel it if you need to.

I did not submit a copy of his DS3205 because I thought it was not needed and I could bring it to my interview. But I also did not submit mine, and I didn’t get an RFE.

I called them and asked for an info pass, I am waiting for an officer to call me back within 30 days.

I guess I just have to book the appointment. It’s just all so frustrating… 

I did not submit a copy of his DS3205 because I thought it was not needed and I could bring it to my interview. But I also did not submit mine, and I didn’t get an RFE.

Possibly, two separate applications, two different adjudicator.

I called them and asked for an info pass, I am waiting for an officer to call me back within 30 days.

Great!

I guess I just have to book the appointment. It’s just all so frustrating… 

Book it to take place after the 30 days (but before the RFE response deadline), incase they say you don't need to redo anything. Then you can cancel it. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Possibly, two separate applications, two different adjudicator.

Great!

Book it to take place after the 30 days (but before the RFE response deadline), incase they say you don't need to redo anything. Then you can cancel it. 

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Casjino said:

Last week I received a RFE for showing proof of a marital life

That is uncommon. I haven't seen that before.

What did you submit as initial evidence?

Usually, there isn't much with AOS from K-1, as many of us submit the application just weeks after marriage.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

That is uncommon. I haven't seen that before.

What did you submit as initial evidence?

Usually, there isn't much with AOS from K-1, as many of us submit the application just weeks after marriage.

According to the RFE they need it to make a final decision. So I am hoping they wave the interview… 

I sent them our house lease, joint bank account, insurance, pictures and affidavits of friends and family. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 9/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, Casjino said:

just FYI, after they received my evidence yesterday they approved my GC today, no interview 🙂 

How many affidavits did you send them? I received a similar RFE. Congrats btw!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JonathanMetts said:

How many affidavits did you send them? I received a similar RFE. Congrats btw!

Just 2. Thank you and good luck! After they received my evidence they approved my GC the next day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.