JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

750 posts in this topic

Hello, just an update! We still haven't had any progress on our ROC (filed 9/2022), so we finally decided to file for N-400 today. We filed online and right after we submitted the form, we got the notice of application receipt, and the reuse of biometrics notice. It also said the estimated time is 8 months. Wish us luck! 🥳

• 3 weeks later...

06-20-24 Fingerprints were reused....lol

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We applied for N400 may 15th and on July 9th we received notice of approval for ROC and new green card was mailed.  then today July 11th we received notice of N400 interview scheduled for august. 

we did not have an interview for the removal of conditions.  

2 hours ago, ironeagle17 said:

We applied for N400 may 15th and on July 9th we received notice of approval for ROC and new green card was mailed.  then today July 11th we received notice of N400 interview scheduled for august. 

Congrats!

On 7/11/2024 at 12:20 PM, ironeagle17 said:

Congratulations! We applied for N400 June 1st, but so far we’ve only gotten receipt of notice and re-use of biometrics. Hopefully we’ll hear from the USCIS sooner rather than later. We have a friend who also got their N400 approved within 3 months.

GC in hands as of yesterday (07/13).  Time to rest for a while now!

Best of luck to you all!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Filed 9/4/22, NOA 9/15/22. Called to fix a typo on the form 10/18/23.

6/2/24 they updated and said they got biometrics. That notification came immediately after we took biometrics for Global Entry enrollment on arrival. I'm not sure if they shared the biometrics from Homeland Security USCBP to Homeland Security USCIS. Or maybe they reused the biometrics we already took for AOS

The VisaJourney Lifting Conditions Stats page says they're processing forms with NOA of 9/10/22, so my 9/15/22 NOA should be coming up soon. Fingers crossed! Hopefully no interview. 

• 1 month later...

Update 8/29: CARD WAS MAILED! We were surprised when we got a notification from USCIS saying they’ve mailed my GC. NO INTERVIEW. Soooo happy!

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting! ☺️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi 

After 2 years wait, I just received RFE letter from USCIS today.(Sep 12, 2024)

They need more evidence of our marriage. 

So sad🤔......... 

9/7/2022 : ROC Package sent

9/8/2022 : The Package was delivered to AZ lockbox 

9/13/2022 : Received SMS notification from USCIS 

9/17/2022 Received NOA (I-797) 

10 minutes ago, Kamakiri said:

Hi 

After 2 years wait, I just received RFE letter from USCIS today.(Sep 12, 2024)

They need more evidence of our marriage. 

So sad🤔......... 

This is normal. It's been two years. USCIS needs fresh evidence, that's all. Treat it as a positive sign. Your case may get approved fast without interview if you send a lot of good marital evidence. If you don't use this opportunity to strengthen the case, then yes, you'll likely get interview / NOID etc.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
23 minutes ago, OldUser said:

This is normal. It's been two years. USCIS needs fresh evidence, that's all. Treat it as a positive sign. Your case may get approved fast without interview if you send a lot of good marital evidence. If you don't use this opportunity to strengthen the case, then yes, you'll likely get interview / NOID etc.

I hope it is a positive sign as you said. 
I will try sending the updated evidences such as life insurance and our drivers license with same residential addresses. 

Don’t have joint account, but I have a family credit card under my husband.

Do you think these are good evidence?

9 minutes ago, Kamakiri said:

I hope it is a positive sign as you said. 
I will try sending the updated evidences such as life insurance and our drivers license with same residential addresses. 

Don’t have joint account, but I have a family credit card under my husband.

Do you think these are good evidence?

If you filed taxes jointly, make sure to include tax return trascripts (downloadable from IRS website for free).

If credit card shows both names on statements, then send those statements in, covering the 2 year period. Send full statements with nothing redacted.

If you have joint Costco memberships, Amazon Prime household, Netflix family plan, National Parks passes in both names - include all of those.

Provide as much as you can.

Leases in both names, mortgages in both names.

It's also a good idea to at least have a joint savings account so you and your spouse can built some savings towards common goals such as downpayment, emergency fund etc.

Don't forget about well annotated photos of both of you with friends and family, flight boarding passes, hotel reservations etc etc.

Be creative.

Good luck!

Timeline
On 4/30/2023 at 7:11 PM, Kamakiri said:

Hi All,

Same as some of you, I also received 48 month extension letter (Notice Date April 5, 2023)
No Biometric appointment, nor waiver has received yet.

Seems like a pretty long wait for Texas Service Center as well.

21 hours ago, OldUser said:

If you filed taxes jointly, make sure to include tax return trascripts (downloadable from IRS website for free).

If credit card shows both names on statements, then send those statements in, covering the 2 year period. Send full statements with nothing redacted.

If you have joint Costco memberships, Amazon Prime household, Netflix family plan, National Parks passes in both names - include all of those.

Provide as much as you can.

Leases in both names, mortgages in both names.

It's also a good idea to at least have a joint savings account so you and your spouse can built some savings towards common goals such as downpayment, emergency fund etc.

Don't forget about well annotated photos of both of you with friends and family, flight boarding passes, hotel reservations etc etc.

Be creative.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your great advise. 

We will try sending as many as evidences as possible. (Costco memberships are good idea) :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

10 year GC valid through 2034 received as of 9/8/2024. No RFE, they reused my old biometrics. I was preoccupied with my new job so I kinda pushed this gc worries on the side so I was thrilled when I got my gc in the mail.

When I filed ROC, I sent all joint tax returns, copy of home & auto insurance with both of our names listed on the policies, copy of FB posts/viber/text messages, our photos including with family and friends - 1 page per month, copy of mails/cards fr family and friends, copy of insurance cards with our names and copy of life insurance from our work showing we are the beneficiaries for each policy. No kids but have 2 cats, 7 hens, 8 kois, 3 plecos. an albino cory cat and gazillion plants.

K1 Visa

CIS Office : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2018-11-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2018-11-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2019-04-03

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :    2019-05-06

NVC Left : 2019-05-14

Consulate Received :   2019-05-20

Interview Date :    2019-05-30

Visa Received :    2019-06-08

US Entry : 2019-07-17 ✈️

POE: Los Angeles

Marriage : 2019-09-07👩‍❤️‍👨 💍💐

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Texas Service Center

Date Filed : 2020-02-15

NOA Date : 2020-02-29

I-765 EAD Approved : 2020-07-27

I-131 AP Approved : 2020-07-31

I-485 Interview : 2020-09-08

I-485 Approved : 2020-09-08

Green Card Received : 2020-09-15 :dance:

Lifting Conditions
I-751 ROC Submitted: 2022-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2022-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  

I-751 Interview:  

I-751 Approved:  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.