NikNush

Requesting Tips on organising paperwork for K1 Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Team, 

I have my interview on 11th October at Sydney Consulate and will be staying with my cousin and getting the train into the city for 9.30am Interview. 

I have compiled all the documentation for the interview and would like some tips on how to organise the documentation so its easy to hand over to the interviewer and give them the specific documents they are requesting. I know we are not allowed to use a folder or clear files etc, but did anyone put like removable sticky notes on the documents as tabs to easily find each of the documents they wanted for example?

I'm thinking of dividing it up with cover pages for each section and using bull dog clips for each section 

1. K1 Cover sheet with civil documents and photocopies, DS160 confirmation page, receipt of fee payment, police certificates, passport, passport photos, etc. 

2. I 134 Financial support form and evidence 

3. Evidence of relationship

Please let me know if you have any feedback. 

Thank you, 

Anushka 

1 hour ago, NikNush said:

Hi Team, 

I have my interview on 11th October at Sydney Consulate and will be staying with my cousin and getting the train into the city for 9.30am Interview. 

I have compiled all the documentation for the interview and would like some tips on how to organise the documentation so its easy to hand over to the interviewer and give them the specific documents they are requesting. I know we are not allowed to use a folder or clear files etc, but did anyone put like removable sticky notes on the documents as tabs to easily find each of the documents they wanted for example?

I'm thinking of dividing it up with cover pages for each section and using bull dog clips for each section 

1. K1 Cover sheet with civil documents and photocopies, DS160 confirmation page, receipt of fee payment, police certificates, passport, passport photos, etc. 

2. I 134 Financial support form and evidence 

3. Evidence of relationship

Please let me know if you have any feedback. 

Thank you, 

Anushka 

Did the Sydney Consulate email you a Packet4, which is supposed to be the UStravelDocs interview confirmation? The emailed Packet4 is supposed to include the list and order in which to organize the documents for the K1 interview so that it is easy to hand over and separate at the different stations at the consulate during the interview.

The Visajourney Sydney Consulate Packet4 info is dated 2016, so it may or may not be up-to-date?

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Australia&cty=Sydney

Best check with the Sydney Consulate on how they want your documents organized.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
1 hour ago, EatBulaga said:

Did the Sydney Consulate email you a Packet4, which is supposed to be the UStravelDocs interview confirmation? The emailed Packet4 is supposed to include the list and order in which to organize the documents for the K1 interview so that it is easy to hand over and separate at the different stations at the consulate during the interview.

This is what was sent to me in the interview confirmation email:

K Visa Required Documents Refer to the Department of State for the Required Documentation before your visa can be issued. • Provide the original and one photocopy of each civil document (unless stated) • Place each photocopy directly beneath each original document. • Failure to provide a copy of a document will delay your interview. You will be directed to obtain copies and return for your interview. • The documents must be out of envelopes, sleeves or folders. • For Families: the children’s documents must be separated individually. • Procedures for obtaining documents from all countries, including a list of documents which are never available from certain countries, can be found at the Department of State’s reciprocity website Photographs: Originals only • Two U.S. passport size photo (5x5cm on a white background). • Write your Full Name and A# on the back of the photos. • You can find your A# on the left-hand corner on your copy of your approved I-129F (attached) • Refer to our website for our list of known photographers who take U.S. sized passport photographs. Revalidation Letter: Copy only • Your I-129F petition may expire by the time you attend your final visa interview. To revalidate your petition, please have your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) provide you with a letter requesting that your petition be extended to a further 4 months from the approval date of the I-129F petition. This letter must be dated and signed by your fiancé(e) The letter from your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) should state their intention to still marry you within 90 days of your arrival into the U.S. with the K-1 visa and that you both are still free to marry. Visa Validity The Australian Federal Police certificate must be valid at the time interview. The visa expiry date will be limited to your Medical Exam Report.

The link to Required Documents takes me this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#5 

My question was more around is that meant to be the order that you put everything in? and do you sticky note the pages to create tabs to easily refer to the right stuff? do you bull dog clip the whole lot together? Can the I 134 form be stapled together with all the evidence to support that form? 

Edited by NikNush

19 hours ago, NikNush said:

The link to Required Documents takes me this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#5 

My question was more around is that meant to be the order that you put everything in? and do you sticky note the pages to create tabs to easily refer to the right stuff? do you bull dog clip the whole lot together? Can the I 134 form be stapled together with all the evidence to support that form? 

I would follow the order in the link you listed or in the link for Australia or the Packet4, unless told differently:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/

If the sticky notes are easy to remove, then it is okay. I think my K1 beneficiary used little sticky tabs.

Paper clips or binder clips are okay, but no staples from what I read before.

Every consulate is a little different which is why you need to refer to the Australia forum or we just give you our experience with our consulates.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Edited by EatBulaga

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I emailed Sydney Embassy and this was their response:

Thank you for your email.

You may use the following as guidance:

Passport

Photos x2            (print your full name & A# on the back of each photo)

MRV Fee Receipt of Payment             

DS-160 Confirmation Page

Revalidation Letter

Name change certificate / Translation

Australian citizenship certificate

Birth / Identity / Unobtainable certificate / Translation

Divorce / Death certificate / Translation

Australian Federal Police certificate

Other Country police certificate(s) / Translation

Country           From date (mmm-yyyy) To date (mmm-yyyy)

Court Documents / Translation

Military / Exemption Certificate  / Translation

I-134 / Supporting Documents

Medical Exam Attended/Scheduled Date:   DD-MMM-YYYY

USCIS's pamphlet: Read this information before your interview

I have reorganised my paperwork to be in this order. I am wondering though - I am a New Zealand Citizen living in Australia, therefore I do not have an Australian Citizenship Certificate. What is this for? I have never seen this requested in the K1 required documents before. Would I need my Australian Vevo check to show I have a visa here? 

Also what do they mean by Court documents? 

Thanks, 

Anushka

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone, this is how I have organised my paperwork for the interview - please let me know if you think I have missed anything! Thanks so much :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 8.26.54 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 8.26.53 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 8.26.53 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 8.26.53 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-03 at 8.26.53 PM.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.