Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, junkmart said:

Here. Filed ROC on  3/23/2021 and it was approved without bio or interview on 11/16/2021. Filed N400 on 9/19/2022 and had interview scheduled for 12/21/2022 but tested positive for COVID, so was rescheduled for yesterday 1/25/2023. I was approved during the interview and scheduled for the oath ceremony tomorrow. Good luck!

Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday. The officer just saw the green card and asked the test questions. He said I did not have a look at your file and it is heavy so I will have a look at it later and that is it.

4 minutes ago, S y khan said:

Hi  everyone , i filled online n400 under 3 yrs rule on sep20 ,2022 . They reuse my biometrics on same day . I  read many people got their interviews in 2 to 3 months . Any idea why they are taking so long?

Depends on your local field office and also each case is unique. Were those cases, scheduled in 2 to 3 months, in your local field office?

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
1 minute ago, swalker said:

Going to our interview in thirty minutes! Very excited and a bit anxious. Yakima, WA Field Office. 

Best of luck to you!

On 1/20/2023 at 2:55 PM, jp8734 said:

Hi,

I am in need of your help/knowledge.

I filed my N-400 in August 2022. For some reason (lucky enough), received an interview notice in 2 weeks (September) for early October interview.

Interview went great and all passed, but I did a name change request.

IO told me I will receive a notification from local court as the oath ceremony would take place in local court for people who would change name.

And IO also said I'd need to contact USCIS if I do not hear back within 3 months and here I am not hearing back from the local court.

Tried calling USCIS where the auto-answering machine only provides the basic info and hangs up when asked to talk to an agent...

Can you share where I can actually contact and ask about the progress?

I feel like it's in between two parties where either takes any responsibility...

If you ask for tech support it’ll connect you to a person, then you can ask for tier two and a tier 2 agent will call you back within a a few hours or days, they’ll be able to help you.

I have my N400 interview coming up next Wednesday, and my I-751 is still stuck at "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" since October 2021. If it never updates to it being moved to a different office for processing, do I assume they won't be able to adjudicate both cases in the same day? I'm taking my spouse w/ me anyway and telling them I have a pending I-751 to let him in, and will have extra evidence w/ me so it's not an issue, but I'm just wondering if the case being moved is sort of a prerequisite for the local USCIS office being able to act on it. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, phillyfiler13 said:

I have my N400 interview coming up next Wednesday, and my I-751 is still stuck at "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" since October 2021. If it never updates to it being moved to a different office for processing, do I assume they won't be able to adjudicate both cases in the same day? I'm taking my spouse w/ me anyway and telling them I have a pending I-751 to let him in, and will have extra evidence w/ me so it's not an issue, but I'm just wondering if the case being moved is sort of a prerequisite for the local USCIS office being able to act on it. 

Bring your spouse, chances are it will be a combo interview. Mine was. They weren't able to approve my N400 on the spot, apparently they have to approve the I-751 first (but it was actually only approved two days before the oath ceremony). 

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

My wife just completed her interview.  It was pretty straight forward and was done in 20 min. Her oath ceremony will be on Thursday 2/2.

LA office does not do name change nor do they hold same day oath ceremony.

All the best to those still waiting.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SoCal2021 said:

My wife just completed her interview.  It was pretty straight forward and was done in 20 min. Her oath ceremony will be on Thursday 2/2.

LA office does not do name change nor do they hold same day oath ceremony.

All the best to those still waiting.

I'm so happy for both of you!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.