Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 10:56 PM, Markip1 said:

I have my N-400 interview at the end of January. My ROC is still outstanding. The interview letter I received only mentions an interview for my N-400 applicationย and not the ROC. The letterย actually says that due to covid I may not be able to take anyone to the interview with me.

ย 

My question is, should I plan to have my wife accompany me anyway? My inclination is that she should be there, despite what the letter says. Are they likely to just combine the two separate applications into one interview on the day?

ย 

Any thoughts?ย 

ย 

Thanks!

Take your wife with you , will be combo interview definitely, they will not let her in so you have to tell them that I-751 is pending then she will be allowed inside.ย 

On 1/1/2023 at 2:37 PM, SoCal2021 said:

Your question is hard to answer.ย  Each field office has their own schedule for oath ceremony which depends on how busy that particular field office is.ย  You may want to provide your field office location (or update your timeline to reflect that).ย 

Iโ€™m just asking for others to share their experience with having their oath ceremony scheduled. I recognize every case is different.

Edited by JZ38
Edit*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vicolas said:

Had my 751/400 combo interview today, both were approved. It was probably the best immigration interview ever, easy and straightforward. Oath is probably going to be at the end of February as the earliest.ย 
ย 

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!!ย I have my interview in 6 weeks and my roc is also pending (Nebraska SC). My case hasnโ€™t been transferred, was your case transferred before the interview?ย 

Congrats all you guys! I noticed that everyone that had to do the combo 751/400 got their interviews and oath dates very early (early for 400, late for 751). I also applied in september but just for n400 (I got the removal of conditionsย already) but Iย still haven't heard back. Anyone here who already had the conditions removed prior and only filed for N-400 and got the interview date?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, jordanmic said:

Congrats all you guys! I noticed that everyone that had to do the combo 751/400 got their interviews and oath dates very early (early for 400, late for 751). I also applied in september but just for n400 (I got the removal of conditionsย already) but Iย still haven't heard back. Anyone here who already had the conditions removed prior and only filed for N-400 and got the interview date?

Youโ€™re in the same situation as me by the sounds of it. I already did my ROC some time ago too.

ย 

for the N400 all Iโ€™ve done so far is my biometrics,ย but havenโ€™t heard anything since! My status online is just saying they are working on it and hasnโ€™t moved since October.ย 

USCIS Journey

1st September 2015 - I-130 Sent

14th January 2016 - I-130 Petition approved

NVC

8th February - NVC Received case

26th February - NVC Fees "Paid" on website
24th March - DS-260 Sent & confirmation received

10th May - IV Package sent to NVC

20th June - Case compete
28th June - Received Interview confirmation (P4)

Embassy
22nd July - Medical Examination
1st August - Interview date - Approved!!

2nd August - Issued

5th August - Visa in hand

24th October - POE

ROC

21st July 2018 - I751 sent

26th July - NOA receivedย 

31st August - Biometrics appointment

5th September - Fingerprint review was completed

8th July 2019 -ย ROC Approved!

5th July ย - New card is being produced

13th July - 10 year green card receivedย 

Naturalization

23rd September 2022 - N-400 Submitted

24th September - NOAย receivedย 

21st Octoberย - Biometrics appointment

10th April 2023 - Interview date

18th May - Oath Ceremonyย 

ย 

22 minutes ago, jordanmic said:

It really depends on your field office.ย  You may want to update your timeline to get better responses.ย My wife's N-400 is based on 3 year and she already has 10 year GC.ย  Interview ins on 1/31.ย  We are out of Los Angeles field office.

38 minutes ago, AndrewMc said:

Youโ€™re in the same situation as me by the sounds of it. I already did my ROC some time ago too.

ย 

for the N400 all Iโ€™ve done so far is my biometrics,ย but havenโ€™t heard anything since! My status online is just saying they are working on it and hasnโ€™t moved since October.ย 

I thought that only me day by day reading the updatesย on interview schedule for N-400, even October filers; and month by month logging inย my account to see the month of waiting is decreased by 1. Lol

7 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Congratulations!!ย I have my interview in 6 weeks and my roc is also pending (Nebraska SC). My case hasnโ€™t been transferred, was your case transferred before the interview?ย 

ย 

No my case didn't get transferred, I didn't even know that I would get a combo interview lol. I think there's some sort of online copy thing for I751 hence my OI can see the I751 during the interview.

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sentย AOS/EAD/AP through UPS,ย receivedย NOA1ย on 6/11. Received bioย appointment on 6/15 and completedย on scheduled dateย 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submittedย EAD expedite request with job offer,ย reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04.ย AOS changed toย 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision becauseย original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROCย through FedEx,ย delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -ย  Case was transferredย To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online,ย NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometricsย is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet.ย 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -ย  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, Vicolas said:

ย 

No my case didn't get transferred, I didn't even know that I would get a combo interview lol. I think there's some sort of online copy thing for I751 hence my OI can see the I751 during the interview.

Thanks so much! Hopefully thatโ€™s my case tooย 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, Eric&Mirella said:

Thanks so much! Hopefully thatโ€™s my case tooย 

Good luck there! The very last step!

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sentย AOS/EAD/AP through UPS,ย receivedย NOA1ย on 6/11. Received bioย appointment on 6/15 and completedย on scheduled dateย 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submittedย EAD expedite request with job offer,ย reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04.ย AOS changed toย 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision becauseย original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROCย through FedEx,ย delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -ย  Case was transferredย To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online,ย NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometricsย is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet.ย 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -ย  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sellamalola said:

Ok guys this is it! I am officially a US citizen ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ oath ceremony took place at the Federal Plaza room 310 at 1 on 1/11,ย my husband accompanied me but was not allowed into the room, I first made a line where I provided my appointment letter signed and dated, along with my old green card and work permit, they gave me the certificate, checked that everything was correct and then was asked to go into room 300 cause 310 was full, they gave us two envelopes, one with a letter from President Biden congratulating us and the other a USCIS package with instructions on life as a citizen, passport application, national anthem, pledge of allegiance and oath of allegiance and a tiny US flag, after that an officer gave a speech from the other room which we watched on a big screen, we all said the oath in unison, they congratulated us, we cheered and clapped and off we went, they asked us if we wanted to take pictures next to a US flag to go to the second floor and we all did, I waved both of my flags ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ด and Iโ€™m so damn happy and proud to finally being an American, itโ€™s been my dream for as long as I can remember and it finally happened, if anyone would know about my immigration story, they would understand how important this achievement was for me and for all of us immigrants that came to this country full of hopes and dreams that are unfolding for us all. The entire process took about maybe 1/2 hr so it was quick, I took longer dolling up lol I looked like a congresswoman ๐Ÿ˜ to all of you still waiting I wish nothing but speed and good luck with your new American livesย ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย 

ps: I am learning the lyrics to the national anthem from that uscis pamphlet and will upload it to tiktok, will sing it better than fergie ๐Ÿ˜ฌ if you find it you find it ๐Ÿคญ

ย 

Good luck amigos ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ€ย 

attached my very last USCIS update ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

DDCFBC4E-571E-42B6-BC6B-40269FA6C1A2.jpeg

Congratulations!!!

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.