I just got to America and my wife threatened to revoke my greencard

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

call 911 and file a police report

and then ask where u can get a pro bono attorney

go after her for support

for someone to bring you to a strange country and then want to just use u for money ,  galls me

it's not fair to anyone (man or woman) to be treated without passion or respect 

Read the back story. There was a stand off even before he got here. She wasn't keen on him coming 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Timona said:

Read the back story. There was a stand off even before he got here. She wasn't keen on him coming 

i know the story

she was fired but settled issues with him so he says

we always only have 1 side to any of these stories but he is here and immigration says he can stay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Family said:

@Crazy Cat you are ruthless on the poor Wifey….she did try her best to stop him coming …worked out in Josh’s favor Wifey not a VJ regular. Lol

Yea, well..... He didn't obtain the immigrant visa by himself.  Then, there is this: "My wife and I has settled and she has agreed for me to come. "

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

11 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yea, well..... He didn't obtain the immigrant visa by himself.  Then, there is this: "My wife and I has settled and she has agreed for me to come

But Josh never told what Wifeys “ issues “ were , nor how they “ settled “…hopefully not on the terms she just voiced…with lots of texting type evidence. 

Maybe he will tell now …

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Josh or said:

Hello, 

I just to America three weeks ago, I was staying with my wife and later she brought a guy to start staying with us, and after that, she told me she just need me to be taking care of her, work and take care of her, she said the guy is the person she wants, I was unsettled with this so she started threatening with gun and also said if I do not paly along and agreed i should go back to africa,. Then there was  a day she wants me out of her house and I had to leave. Then have been trying to work but I don't have my social security yet as it has been delivered to her and when I called her today she said she returned my social security card to the social security office. Have paid for my green card but it hasn't been mailed yet, and today she said she contacted the uscis to cancel my green card , and she was making a lie accusation that I used her. Pleas I don't know what to do, will my green card not be mailed anymore after she make the accusation and report to uscis or what step should I take?

First question; what are you doing in the same house with someone who is threatening you with a gun?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Josh or said:

Hello, 

I just to America three weeks ago, I was staying with my wife and later she brought a guy to start staying with us, and after that, she told me she just need me to be taking care of her, work and take care of her, she said the guy is the person she wants, I was unsettled with this so she started threatening with gun and also said if I do not paly along and agreed i should go back to africa,. Then there was  a day she wants me out of her house and I had to leave. Then have been trying to work but I don't have my social security yet as it has been delivered to her and when I called her today she said she returned my social security card to the social security office. Have paid for my green card but it hasn't been mailed yet, and today she said she contacted the uscis to cancel my green card , and she was making a lie accusation that I used her. Pleas I don't know what to do, will my green card not be mailed anymore after she make the accusation and report to uscis or what step should I take?

1) Threatened with a gun? - get the policy involved and get a restraining order. Nothing beings staying alive.

2) If you are already a permanent resident her words won't do much. Communicate the least you can and record all that she texts, emails etc.

3) Lawyer up and sue her for spousal support/I-864

4) Once you are a permanent resident the only authority that can revoke it is the immigration judge. You have done nothing wrong so fear nothing.

5) Move on and stay as far away from her as you can.

Edited by kvito28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No part of this situation is an immigration issue.

True but many women have posted like issues of abuse and spouse threatening to take away the green card and/or deport them

and we say the same

call 911

file order of protection

get a divorce 

and move on

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Josh or said:

Hello, 

I just to America three weeks ago, I was staying with my wife and later she brought a guy to start staying with us, and after that, she told me she just need me to be taking care of her, work and take care of her, she said the guy is the person she wants, I was unsettled with this so she started threatening with gun and also said if I do not paly along and agreed i should go back to africa,. Then there was  a day she wants me out of her house and I had to leave

Congrats on making it to America.  We all knew from your previous posted topic that this could happen and so none of this is a surprise. 

You are here and you are here to stay if you want.  

There are  immigration lawyers who will gladly take your case on contingency to sue your wife for support under I-864.  This will be a lifetime income for you until you can be credited with 40 social security credits or you naturalize.  

You might not need a lawyer to get divorced given how short the marriage was.  

Edited by Mike E

5 hours ago, Josh or said:

Hello, 

She cannot cancel your green card. You already have one (in your passport). 

You need to stop interacting with her before things escalate. 

You can report her threatening you with a gun to the police. 

Try to find somewhere safe to go (do you have any friends in the US?) 

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. But, don't worry- the visa in your passport acts as a temporary green card for a year. You can go to social security to get your number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ah op, as I predicted in your previous thread, your wifey has a new man(confirmed). Awesome you are in America now; divorce your wife and move on and enjoy your life without the stress of your marriage. Immigration-wise, she can't cancel your greencard; not up to her so don't stress yourself with that. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Is this the gentleman we previously advised? Welcome! Pulling a gun on you? That’s crazy crazy crazy!

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

YOU KNEW THAT YOUR WIFE DID NOT WANT YOU TO COME IN THE FIRST PLACE.  NO SYMPATHY HERE!!!!!!!  SHE TOLD YOU NOT TO COME!!!!!!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Mike E said:

And then she changed her mind. 

I’ve sympathy for those are illegally evicted under gun point. I’m looking forward to her paying the price.  

Agree.  The wife set him up, imo.  Now, I hope the OP uses every avenue available to force her to meet her obligations. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.