Josh or

I just got to America and my wife threatened to revoke my greencard

56 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I just to America three weeks ago, I was staying with my wife and later she brought a guy to start staying with us, and after that, she told me she just need me to be taking care of her, work and take care of her, she said the guy is the person she wants, I was unsettled with this so she started threatening with gun and also said if I do not paly along and agreed i should go back to africa,. Then there was  a day she wants me out of her house and I had to leave. Then have been trying to work but I don't have my social security yet as it has been delivered to her and when I called her today she said she returned my social security card to the social security office. Have paid for my green card but it hasn't been mailed yet, and today she said she contacted the uscis to cancel my green card , and she was making a lie accusation that I used her. Pleas I don't know what to do, will my green card not be mailed anymore after she make the accusation and report to uscis or what step should I take?

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would report the SS card as stolen by her.  She cannot cancel your green card.  Find a divorce attorney to protect yourself legally.  Seek spousal support from her under the I-864 she signed.  Move on and seek happiness for yourself. 

Thank you so much, I can't afford a divorce attorney now, hope it wouldn't be too late like in two or three months time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Josh or said:

Thank you so much, I can't afford a divorce attorney now, hope it wouldn't be too late like in two or three months time?

Based on your post, I wouldn't wait any longer than necessary.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

@Josh or …you made it to America! Incredible.

Your passport has a stamp on it that proves you are LPR as IR , if I recall..so you will get a 10 year green card….sooner or later.

You can go in person to Social Security office and ask them to print a verification if possible and update mailing address. 
Find a stable place/ address and leave your wife alone if she owns a gun…
Do an AR-11 change of address 

11 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Based on your post, I wouldn't wait any longer than necessary.  

Thank you sir, and pleas what could possibly happen if I can't get a divorce lawyer in time? We have been married more than two years and the cr1 conditioner is off. Is that why I need to get a divorce lawyer in time? Or something else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Josh or said:

Thank you sir, and pleas what could possibly happen if I can't get a divorce lawyer in time? We have been married more than two years and the cr1 conditioner is off. Is that why I need to get a divorce lawyer in time? Or something else?

Being proactive is better than just waiting around for her to file the divorce first. I would, at least, consult an attorney asap.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

15 minutes ago, Josh or said:

try to find out pro bono lawyer near where you live. the faster the better for you to get a divorce lawyer. why wait if ur wife is like that? 

p.s i dont understand why ur wife said you have to work to take care of her but yet she doesnt want you to get the GC and SS? its like contradictive 

Edited by Misscloud

56 minutes ago, Josh or said:

Pleas I don't know what to do, will my green card not be mailed anymore after she make the accusation and report to uscis or what step should I take?

The divorce is not a pressing problem…so if she kicked you out and you left without a fuss, don’t worry about when it gets filed or by whom. ..you can even wait it out for her to deal with it. 

Who signed for you as Joint Sponsor on I-864…since you said wife was unemployed when she tried to tell you “ it’s too soon to come to America “?

BUT if the story you tell of her / other man and a gun…is actually TRUE…..then STOP calling her or communicating or you risk picking up domestic type problems of the She Said/ He Said variety.

Your passport stamp is good enough and gives you a year to solve getting the physical green card resolved.

WHAT on earth happened in her life between when you and Wifey made up and now? 
WHO is the other guy?

Edited by Family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is the new guy American or a foreigner? 

Which State are you in?

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.