6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The first I looked at the USCIS website, I ran into DS 160.  This is a form that is to be filled out by my fiance in the Philippines. She can hardly understand English.  How is this done?

To answer my own question, the only way is for me to fill it out while she is online.  Is this how it is done?  Has anyone done this?

3 minutes ago, BenBaligad said:

The first I looked at the USCIS website, I ran into DS 160.  This is a form that is to be filled out by my fiance in the Philippines. She can hardly understand English.  How is this done?

To answer my own question, the only way is for me to fill it out while she is online.  Is this how it is done?  Has anyone done this?

Yes, you can help the K1 beneficiary complete the DS-160. I believe towards the end of the form, it asks for the Preparer's information, which can be the petitioner.

I helped my K1 beneficiary complete the DS-160 and UStravelDocs by using Google Meet. There is a presentation mode where one can share the browser screen so we were able to complete the online forms together. Both of you just need to have a Gmail account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, EatBulaga said:

Yes, you can help the K1 beneficiary complete the DS-160. I believe towards the end of the form, it asks for the Preparer's information, which can be the petitioner.

I helped my K1 beneficiary complete the DS-160 and UStravelDocs by using Google Meet. There is a presentation mode where one can share the browser screen so we were able to complete the online forms together. Both of you just need to have a Gmail account.

Thank you for your answer. Was your form accepted and were you successful? 

41 minutes ago, BenBaligad said:

Thank you for your answer. Was your form accepted and were you successful? 

Yep. You can check my page or Timeline for the steps we did in the visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I filled out 99 percent of the form for my fiancée (her barrier was that in her country at the time barely anyone had a desktop or laptop computer or broadband).  She and a friend did the last 1 percent and hit the submit button.  At the time or my impression was that the beneficiary had to be the one to hit submit. 

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

I filled out 99 percent of the form for my fiancée (her barrier was that in her country at the time barely anyone had a desktop or laptop computer or broadband).  She and a friend did the last 1 percent and hit the submit button.  At the time or my impression was that the beneficiary had to be the one to hit submit. 

Haha. I hit the submit button for my K1 beneficiary. 😂

I dug up an old response to the DS-160 queston here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/783731-dl-160-form-must-be-signed-by-the-beneficiary/?tab=comments#comment-10674918

Edited by EatBulaga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.