Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, DTCC said:

Thank you. 

If you have any phone number to reach out to USCIS to follow-up on  green card production, please share it. Just wanted to have it perhaps if the process gets extended beyond 90 days. The blog  shared by you  (GC after arrival) is informative and am keeping an eye on it.

Generally, all the USCIS contact info and tools are in this link: https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter

The phone number is 1-800-375-5283. When you call there is voice recognition and they ask you to say what is the reason for your call. If you say "Infopass", you will be transferred to an actual person. 

Since my card took 8 months to arrive, I called them many times and honestly, many of them were not useful and one in particular gave me wrong information that made me waste a lot of time. 

Based on my experience, the main thing that you need to do if you are passed the 90 days, is to file an e-request ("Did not receive card by mail" request) here: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init

In the "form" drop down you have to select OS155A and your receipt number the IOE number that should appear in your MyUSCIS account that you created when you paid your immigrant fees and where you can track your green card. When I filed mine, they then said that they would get back to me within 30 days. However, after that 30 days, they told me that they needed another 90 days to investigate or issue my green card! That felt like a slap in the face, but my green card actually did show up 45 days after that. The e-request actually gets someone to get back into your case and check why it is getting delayed. Since it takes quite a bit of time, better file it asap after you are passed the 90 days. After you have filed it, if you want to make 100% sure that they have it, you can call USCIS. They should see the e-request in your file. 

You may have already seen it on the VJ link I had sent you, but it seems likely that your and your wife's card will arrive separately. As long as you are still within the 90 days, there is nothing to worry about and no action on your part is necessary apart from waiting. 

Hope you don't need all of this info and you receive your card on a timely manner. 

2 hours ago, DTCC said:

Hi @ACC24 I believe your ask was around  documents. Other than Birth certificate, Police certificate, Employment letter, Marriage Certificate & 2 Photos - no other documents asked.

As far as  interview question goes,

#1 Where do you live in US?

#2 Other than US/Canada, Have you travelled any other country?

#3 Other than TN visa, Did you work on any other visa in the US?

#4 US visa refused or deported from US  in the past?

Eventually she said based on my employment, she is approving my visa.  Hope this helps!

Only hiccup on the interview day was, the elevator broke so they made everyone to wait outside for about 45 mins and it was terribly cold on that day. 

Good luck!

@DTCC thanks for the details.

My friends, the administrative processing has really caused problems for me. Do you think I can apply and get TN visa with my US job offer while my immigration visa is undergoing AP at Montreal? I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this Or if you can think of any other short term solution. 

(Btw, my case was NIW, so technically I didn't use my job offer for my EB2-NIW case)

2 hours ago, kachab said:

Generally, all the USCIS contact info and tools are in this link: https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter

The phone number is 1-800-375-5283. When you call there is voice recognition and they ask you to say what is the reason for your call. If you say "Infopass", you will be transferred to an actual person. 

Since my card took 8 months to arrive, I called them many times and honestly, many of them were not useful and one in particular gave me wrong information that made me waste a lot of time. 

Based on my experience, the main thing that you need to do if you are passed the 90 days, is to file an e-request ("Did not receive card by mail" request) here: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init

In the "form" drop down you have to select OS155A and your receipt number the IOE number that should appear in your MyUSCIS account that you created when you paid your immigrant fees and where you can track your green card. When I filed mine, they then said that they would get back to me within 30 days. However, after that 30 days, they told me that they needed another 90 days to investigate or issue my green card! That felt like a slap in the face, but my green card actually did show up 45 days after that. The e-request actually gets someone to get back into your case and check why it is getting delayed. Since it takes quite a bit of time, better file it asap after you are passed the 90 days. After you have filed it, if you want to make 100% sure that they have it, you can call USCIS. They should see the e-request in your file. 

You may have already seen it on the VJ link I had sent you, but it seems likely that your and your wife's card will arrive separately. As long as you are still within the 90 days, there is nothing to worry about and no action on your part is necessary apart from waiting. 

Hope you don't need all of this info and you receive your card on a timely manner. 

Thank you @kachab. for sharing the link/phone number and for sharing your experience. Once again, thanks for your quick response. Noted the details.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

medical exam went well today with Dr. Cheema. Just one issue - the US destination address that I gave to his office clerk is a new one and thus didn't match with what she sees in the system (as per my DS-260). She said she can only use what they see in the system. So, I am wondering if I can change that US destination address with NVC or consulate now, just one month before the interview?

~~

52 minutes ago, Nimar said:

@kachab Is there a $220 USD fees that need to paid before landing at the border as an immigrant? How do I create an account to track the status of green card?

Hi @Nimar

Yes, there is a $220 USD fee that needs to be paid (not sure if this is still this exact amount). You don't need to pay it before entering the US, it can be done after. However, as long as the fee is not paid, they will not start the printing process. More info here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/expect-green-card#:~:text=It may take up to,receive your permanent resident card.

You have to wait to get your passport and the sealed envelope back from the consulate to create the online account. There will be a letter in there with your immigrant visa number. You will need it to create the account. It is also in this account that you will pay the immigrant fee. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.