Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, F2J_March said:

@farzady: Sorry for that. What was the reason for 221g?? What questions did they ask you and do u have lot of travel history?

It was exactly as what explained by others. We called in to the building at 7.40 for our 7.45 appointment. The first officer who’s checking documents was kind of rude lady. She checked our original documents throughly. Then, we’ve been waiting for the call to the second officer. She was nice lady. She asked some questions same as what’s on the spreadsheet and she was totally happy, in the end she said we need to do our due diligence and check my military service. She said we can give your family visa right now but they need to check me. She said to wait for the email that asked for my military information and my resume again ( I handed my resume to her). 

@farzady: This is the least we wanted after all of these long waiting. Hopefully you will get an email soon with additional questions  and your visa will be processed sooner after you respond. Please make sure to follow up with them if you dont get an email after few days. 

So your family's visa has been approved then? 

21 minutes ago, farzady said:

It was exactly as what explained by others. We called in to the building at 7.40 for our 7.45 appointment. The first officer who’s checking documents was kind of rude lady. She checked our original documents throughly. Then, we’ve been waiting for the call to the second officer. She was nice lady. She asked some questions same as what’s on the spreadsheet and she was totally happy, in the end she said we need to do our due diligence and check my military service. She said we can give your family visa right now but they need to check me. She said to wait for the email that asked for my military information and my resume again ( I handed my resume to her). 

Sorry to hear! Assuming you were born in Canada and served in the Canadian military, given all the intelligence sharing and cooperation, it hopefully won't take too long!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ALC said:

Sorry to hear! Assuming you were born in Canada and served in the Canadian military, given all the intelligence sharing and cooperation, it hopefully won't take too long!

No, I’m Iranian-Canadian and military is mandatory in Iran. 

2 hours ago, F2J_March said:

@DTCC: How did your interview go?

Thanks for checking. Just stepped in. The interview went well and the visa was issued. The officer who interviewed me asked to collect my  Passport/Visa/Information packet today at the consulate (no need to wait for the courier) since I live in US and they called me around 12:30 pm when I was at the resturant  in Montreal downtown to collect my passport/packet. I went to the Consulate at 1PM and collected my passport /packets for me and my wife from the Officer.

I was heading back to US tomorrow  crossing Port Champlin boader.

My visa was issued today and collected my passport/information packet from the consulate right after the interview.  Thank you all for all your help in this forum. 

@kachab Special thanks to you for all your help/valuable and timely inputs. The officer advised me to pick up my visa/packet today at the Consulate so that I can drive back to US and no need to wait for the courier to collect my passport to extend my stay in Montreal so picked them up today and driving back to US tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.