Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, ACC24 said:

We are about to get Canadian citizenship Oath ceremony date anytime now but in a dilemma to continue without knowing the implications of it on the EB2 interview process at Montreal consulate ( DQ'ed March 2021). Will there be any paperwork involved to update NVC before the interview? Will this delay us getting the interview? Any suggestions on where or how to find answers for our situation? Anyone in similar boat? 

I am also in a similar boat so not sure how will that work out. I was thinking if canadian citizenship interview gets scheduled earlier than US interview may be we can go to interview with current passport ( as ita might take time to get a canadian citizenship) and let the interviewer know about it. Later travel to USA on canadian citizenship. I dont know I am just thinking. 

When did you apply for canadian citizenship?

Edited by F2J_March

@F2J_March and @ACC24

I recently became a Canadian and applied for a Canadian passport. Our US lawyer told us that it will have no impact on our EB Application or MTL interview. The lawyer recommended that I do not reopen the DS-260 but mention my new passport/citizenship at the interview.

Personally, I think its better to have the Canadian passport in hand as it might help you avoid AP (intensive background screening by Canada, etc.).

Again, no idea if that will actually happen but, as usual, we remain hopeful!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, F2J_March said:

What time do NVC usually send out IL? Is it in the mornings or afternoon? I was hoping they would send out today but looks like they did not as no one has updated this grp..😔

usually they send it sometime between 9.00 pm to 1.00 am.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:46 PM, farzady said:

Hey All,

I just received a reply on my yesterday inquiry. They told me my interview is scheduled at 7.45 on Feb 24 but still there is no invitation letter. so far lots of wired things happen for me and still I am not sure if this is true or not. I hope they send me IL this time.

My case is still sitting at NVC.

Hi, did your status change yet? And have you now received IL? 

6 hours ago, Diana86 said:

Hi. I am a silent reader/member here. I got my IL just now. DQ’d November 9, 2022. EB-3. 😊 I hope everyone’s going to have an interview appointment soon too. 

Congratulations and all the best for the interview. If you don’t mind can you let us know if you put an expedite request with NVC or are you from healthcare sector. Just trying to figure out the pattern of prioritization. Thanks!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.