Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, ACC24 said:

Thank you for the reply!  Yes  my worry is about the paper work and how it may impact the paperwork if they make me go back to Q once again after making any changes etc. If I can make the change during the interview its good. 

Do you think pushing my Canadian citizenship for few months is good idea ?. DO you have any good known immigration Attorney who can answer my question? - Thanks again.

You mentioned your dq date as March 2021 India. At this point what is more important to know is your priority Queue as per the visa bulletin. Do you fall in the category of ROW or do you fall in the India category. This queue is purely decided on country of birth( you and your spouse) and has no bearing to any citizenship you currently hold.  If either of you are born outside India then March 2021 is current. Unfortunately if you both are born in India, the backlog is really long. In fact it is said with the current law in place anybody from India will never get GC in their current life time. Nevertheless you should not worry about paper work  and just proceed with Canadian citizenship. You just need to submit your documents to NVC. If you request for change from india to Montreal you will be placed in the back of the queue. However you can continue with India since you are a former resident of India. What matters now is if you are tagged as ROW or India. If you are tagged ROW submit the new documents and continue with India else submit new documents and transfer to Montreal. If ROW my sincere advise would be to be happy with Canadian citizenship and stop stressing about US GC.

Hey guys, sorry for the unrelated post, but does anyone have issue logging into their CEAC account? I think it's just me! If sb could just confirm by any reaction to this post that they can actually log in, that'd be appreciated.

it's literally telling me that my case number and invoice ID don't match!

Edited by immishok

3 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

You mentioned your dq date as March 2021 India. At this point what is more important to know is your priority Queue as per the visa bulletin. Do you fall in the category of ROW or do you fall in the India category. This queue is purely decided on country of birth( you and your spouse) and has no bearing to any citizenship you currently hold.  If either of you are born outside India then March 2021 is current. Unfortunately if you both are born in India, the backlog is really long. In fact it is said with the current law in place anybody from India will never get GC in their current life time. Nevertheless you should not worry about paper work  and just proceed with Canadian citizenship. You just need to submit your documents to NVC. If you request for change from india to Montreal you will be placed in the back of the queue. However you can continue with India since you are a former resident of India. What matters now is if you are tagged as ROW or India. If you are tagged ROW submit the new documents and continue with India else submit new documents and transfer to Montreal. If ROW my sincere advise would be to be happy with Canadian citizenship and stop stressing about US GC.

Thanks for responding.

I would like to clarify couple things here. Myself/spouse are Indian citizens born in India - applied to GC with priority date of Oct2010 which has been current for a while now. I have already transferred my consular processing case from India to Montreal and completed all the documentation which is the DQ date March 2021. Currently we are Canadian residents(PR holders) awaiting for interview date at Montreal consulate. During this timeline, it so happened that we have reached a stage to receive Canadian citizenship anytime( which we were not expecting before our Montreal interview for GC). The biggest confusion is the paperwork involved if our passports get updated if we take Canadian Citizenship( India to Canada) before the GC interview at Montreal consulate is scheduled.

We would like to know if anyone have faced similar situation or can provide legal services/ lawyer references for consultation.

Hi Everyone.

I am an EB1 applicant. I received NVC welcome letter 2 week ago, and then paid the visa processing fee and filled out DS260 from online.

I was expecting to be able to submit my civil document to CEAC, but I do not see that. All it shows me is that the fee is paid and DS260 is completed.

How do I find out where/how I should submit my civil documents? Should I mail them? Or email Them?

Thank you, and merry Christmass to you all.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, immishok said:

Hey guys, sorry for the unrelated post, but does anyone have issue logging into their CEAC account? I think it's just me! If sb could just confirm by any reaction to this post that they can actually log in, that'd be appreciated.

it's literally telling me that my case number and invoice ID don't match!

it works for me.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:33 PM, ACC24 said:

Thanks for responding.

I would like to clarify couple things here. Myself/spouse are Indian citizens born in India - applied to GC with priority date of Oct2010 which has been current for a while now. I have already transferred my consular processing case from India to Montreal and completed all the documentation which is the DQ date March 2021. Currently we are Canadian residents(PR holders) awaiting for interview date at Montreal consulate. During this timeline, it so happened that we have reached a stage to receive Canadian citizenship anytime( which we were not expecting before our Montreal interview for GC). The biggest confusion is the paperwork involved if our passports get updated if we take Canadian Citizenship( India to Canada) before the GC interview at Montreal consulate is scheduled.

We would like to know if anyone have faced similar situation or can provide legal services/ lawyer references for consultation.

This is a very tricky scenario. Considering your March 2021 there is a good possibility you might get an interview call. Someone from the group with feb 2021 did get a call while some from sept 2020 are still waiting. If you get a interview call from Montreal when still Indian citizen it’s best you delay your Canadian citizenship. The Canadian passport has quite a bit of backlog unless you can show an immediate travel itinerary. If you get the Canadian citizenship call before Montreal you might still be able to proceed. It can get tricky because if it’s virtual then you will need to first wait for the certificate to be delivered before you expedite the passport. In the mean while if you get the Montreal call you will need to directly deal with Montreal. Too much of hassle I would say. If I were in your place I would delay the Canadian citizenship. Get the visa on the Indian passport. Get the GC AND then get the Canadian passport. Canadian citizenship could get delayed but it will get done eventually. It’s a risk worth taking

22 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

This is a very tricky scenario. Considering your March 2021 there is a good possibility you might get an interview call. Someone from the group with feb 2021 did get a call while some from sept 2020 are still waiting. If you get a interview call from Montreal when still Indian citizen it’s best you delay your Canadian citizenship. The Canadian passport has quite a bit of backlog unless you can show an immediate travel itinerary. If you get the Canadian citizenship call before Montreal you might still be able to proceed. It can get tricky because if it’s virtual then you will need to first wait for the certificate to be delivered before you expedite the passport. In the mean while if you get the Montreal call you will need to directly deal with Montreal. Too much of hassle I would say. If I were in your place I would delay the Canadian citizenship. Get the visa on the Indian passport. Get the GC AND then get the Canadian passport. Canadian citizenship could get delayed but it will get done eventually. It’s a risk worth taking

Thank you so much for taking time to write, really appreciate it. You have written exactly what I was thinking. yeah let me think how it goes I really hope the backlogs get clear soon and get an interview in next couple of Months.

On 12/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, A.R.M said:

Hi Everyone.

I am an EB1 applicant. I received NVC welcome letter 2 week ago, and then paid the visa processing fee and filled out DS260 from online.

I was expecting to be able to submit my civil document to CEAC, but I do not see that. All it shows me is that the fee is paid and DS260 is completed.

How do I find out where/how I should submit my civil documents? Should I mail them? Or email Them?

Thank you, and merry Christmass to you all.

Hi, you need to mail them by courier and follow the info you received from NVC. There is a thread on visa journey for paper submission to NVC

On 12/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, TheMaverick said:

That is being too conservative. I have a feeling starting next year we will see some good movement in EB. This year was a bummer, hopefully next year is good

Thank's for your opinion. I've looked at past records and found waiting 800-900 days to be the normal,it is horrible, hope your feelings are correct

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, A.R.M said:

Hi, makes sense. Can you please share the link to that thread? Thank you.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/submitting-documents-to-the-nvc.html - This has the information you are needing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.