Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,627 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nimar said:

In consular updates, they say "Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in October 2020". Is this even true? Did all the members in this forum with DQ date up to October 2020 receive their invitations?

Not true, we have lots of September and October in the forum

Timeline
2 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Not too good, the entire focus was on family category. All the E1, E2,E3 are EB categories

Consulate Visa Count Percentage
Montreal CR1 33 4.95
Montreal CR2 2 0.30
Montreal DV 4 0.60
Montreal E1 18 2.70
Montreal E2 20 3.00
Montreal E3 79 11.86
Montreal EW 5 0.75
Montreal F1 50 7.51
Montreal F2B 13 1.95
Montreal F3 67 10.06
Montreal F4 125 18.77
Montreal FX 65 9.76
Montreal I5 6 0.90
Montreal IR1 104 15.62
Montreal IR2 10 1.50
Montreal IR5 60 9.01
Montreal IW 1 0.15
Montreal SQ1 2 0.30
Montreal SQ2 1 0.15
Montreal SQ3 1 0.15

Would this mean that we can move upto 2 months in terms of receiving interview letters ?

You see a lot (320) FB visas issued because in fact even more so were scheduled for interview for the month of November, this was the month where Montreal CO announced that on the FB cases, they jumped from April 2021 to May 2022 DQ dates.  At the same time, 70-80 EB cases is something that would keep the EB backlog where it is at. Anything more than that is welcome.

In fact, November's 122 is close to the highest number of EB cases being invited in one month (I am counting E1+E2+E3+EW). So it was a good month for EB, not a great month though.

Now that FB and IR are without any backlog left (based on the latest Montreal CO announcement), we should expect them to quickly ramp up their EB processing to something like 200+ per month, because they have the capacity to do even more!

Timeline
12 hours ago, immishok said:

You see a lot (320) FB visas issued because in fact even more so were scheduled for interview for the month of November, this was the month where Montreal CO announced that on the FB cases, they jumped from April 2021 to May 2022 DQ dates.  At the same time, 70-80 EB cases is something that would keep the EB backlog where it is at. Anything more than that is welcome.

In fact, November's 122 is close to the highest number of EB cases being invited in one month (I am counting E1+E2+E3+EW). So it was a good month for EB, not a great month though.

Now that FB and IR are without any backlog left (based on the latest Montreal CO announcement), we should expect them to quickly ramp up their EB processing to something like 200+ per month, because they have the capacity to do even more!

I think 122 is the number of visas issued on November. Which relates to the invitation letters sent out in September and October. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, immishok said:

Hey guys, I recall some of you had a DQ date, which according to the CO updates, should have been already scheduled for interview. Did you contact NVC (how? public inquiry?)and what answer did you get? @akposphil@farzady
Sorry if you have already answered this, I couldn't find anything.

I contacted them through public inquiry couple of times and they sent generic reply to just wait until my turn.

Thanks for putting this out @SGtoMurica.
So if the trend is our friend, we can see more orange on the bar chart and lesser of both grey and blue. Can't wait for December stats!

@farzady it may help if you send MTL an actual, physical letter on their mailing address. This could be direct to the Consul General and/or generic to the "Head of Immigrant Visa Section". Anyone tried this approach?

Friends, I really need some guidance,  my EB2 DQ'd date is March 2021 (India). I am a Canadian PR as of now but I may get my Canadian citizenship soon before I get my Interview at US consulate. does taking Canadian citizenship has any effect on my GC Process and or the DQ'ed date.?  Really appreciate your help or guide me to a good immigration lawyer who can help me in this regard.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ACC24 said:

Friends, I really need some guidance,  my EB2 DQ'd date is March 2021 (India). I am a Canadian PR as of now but I may get my Canadian citizenship soon before I get my Interview at US consulate. does taking Canadian citizenship has any effect on my GC Process and or the DQ'ed date.?  Really appreciate your help or guide me to a good immigration lawyer who can help me in this regard.

Your citizenship has no bearing on the US Green card process as it is based on your Country of birth. As long as you stay as a resident of Canada your file in the queue at Montreal consulate should hold good. But, I reckon there will be some paperwork in your application when you change your passport from Indian to Canadian. Not sure how you do that paperwork though.

~~

Thank you for the reply!  Yes  my worry is about the paper work and how it may impact the paperwork if they make me go back to Q once again after making any changes etc. If I can make the change during the interview its good. 

Do you think pushing my Canadian citizenship for few months is good idea ?. DO you have any good known immigration Attorney who can answer my question? - Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.