Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,673 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, can_do said:

This picture says a lot.

Curious: Apr-20 and May-20 are exclusive to one category.

Also, did total number of applications processed increase? I remember MTL hired more staff. Wondering how that impacted processing capacity.

And finally, higher FB cases will translate into more EBs being cleared? Winter holidays coming up!

Thanks for putting this together.

For Apr 20, only 3 CR1 cases were processed and for May 20, only 3 E cases were issued (E31=1, E34=1, and E35=1). 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/8/2022 at 8:45 AM, can_do said:

This picture says a lot.

Curious: Apr-20 and May-20 are exclusive to one category.

Also, did total number of applications processed increase? I remember MTL hired more staff. Wondering how that impacted processing capacity.

And finally, higher FB cases will translate into more EBs being cleared? Winter holidays coming up!

Thanks for putting this together.

April & May 2020 was during the COVID shutdown so not reliable. 

Yes, total number approved appears to be going up slowly since 2020, but not sure if this increase is related to the Consulates returning to regular operations since COVID shutdown, or because of the new hires. I do not have data from 2018 & 2019 to compare. 

The idea is that when the Consulate focuses on clearing the backlog of one category, they are much more efficient given that they are reviewing the same requirements. Switching back and forth between various categories may slow them down as they have to refresh their knowledge on the different requirements.

Hopefully the backlog for FB clears at the end of this month and they will focus on EB next. I do not know how the number of EB applications compare to the number of IR1/CR1 applications, but clearly given that they were able to clear FB so quickly, this must be the smallest group. 

image.png.2de22b278fad971e68336b7f07241f9f.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, farzady said:

I’ve received same template response to just wait and they can’t provide anything from nvc after my second follow up request about my case 

Yup same here. At least their email inquiry response time has been reduced from 2.5 months to 1 month now. 

16 hours ago, samq26 said:

Just curious that from where do you find this specific information?

I dont see it in visa bulletin

Here is the website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Here is the PDF: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/SEPTEMBER%202022%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20Post%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

Timeline
57 minutes ago, miv2331 said:

October stats are out and things are not going in the right direction... Only 513 visas issued overall, of those still only 87 for employment

Yeah we are already planning to apply for AOS and now gathering documents to do so.

Website says "updated on Nov 28" but still has previous month's information so let's wait and see how many months' files they moved.

Total Es processed in Sep AND Oct are both 87. not bad...

As per previous (Nov 03) update, processing was for cases DQd till Oct 2020 (near the peak of Covid?). I'm hoping there weren't enough cases in the pipeline anyway. Key word here being "hoping".

Timeline
1 hour ago, can_do said:

Website says "updated on Nov 28" but still has previous month's information so let's wait and see how many months' files they moved.

Total Es processed in Sep AND Oct are both 87. not bad...

As per previous (Nov 03) update, processing was for cases DQd till Oct 2020 (near the peak of Covid?). I'm hoping there weren't enough cases in the pipeline anyway. Key word here being "hoping".

We will see how many months FB petitions jumped on December 3rd by clearing 230 cases in Oct.

Base on this current trend, 1 month advancement = 100 IR/CR cases, ~87 EB cases, 53 FB cases

If they increased capacity on EB cases to match FB (i.e, ~250 cases/mo), they will clear 3 months at a time. It would require 8 months of this increased capacity for EB to catch up with the other categories at minimum, while not letting the other categories fall behind again.

"As of November 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in August 2022;  most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in May 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in October 2020."

"As of October 3, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in July 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in April 2021; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in September 2020."

As of September 7, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in June 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in November 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were 
 documentarily complete in June 2020.

As of August 8, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in April 2020.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.