Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,887 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2024 at 11:01 PM, AndrewsN said:

I need some clarification on where I stand with this. 

I was approved on the spot but then about 4 days later emailed a 221g with an explanation in bold letters indicating that they need to wait until October 1st to process.

Anybody that interviewed after 9th Sept will have had the same thing, as the quota had been met for EB-2 visas, so none could be issued until after the new Fiscal Year on 1st Oct. 

On 10/13/2024 at 1:01 PM, monk_yatso said:

They can’t take more than 6 months as your US landing time ties up with your medical expiry. 

Unfortunately that's not correct, AP can take a lot longer than 6 months, it just means the medical has to be redone. 

I don't think it'll be an issue for @AndrewsN though, sounds like he just needed to wait for the new FY, and his visa will hopefully be issued very soon. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Hi @Buspilot320 , @Priscila, @VRG, @Mazda, @Marcelo, and @mo you all seem to be the next in line. Have you received an IL yet?

As Montreal probably finished Aug, most of them should’ve received their IL by now

13 minutes ago, monk_yatso said:

As Montreal probably finished Aug, most of them should’ve received their IL by now

Yeah, I wonder. I am toward the end of October, and haven't heard anything yet. Thought I would ask others. 

27 minutes ago, sapkde9 said:

The Consular Updates moved here https://ca.usembassy.gov/consular-services/#montreal

image.thumb.png.d5668a4e76e889e3dbcfd19abeb270fb.png

Thanks!! I saw and reviewed this page a couple of times, but never got to the Q&A section! 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Yeah, I wonder. I am toward the end of October, and haven't heard anything yet. Thought I would ask others. 

Thanks!! I saw and reviewed this page a couple of times, but never got to the Q&A section! 

We're in the same boat - I'm DQ Oct. 26, 2023 and in the spreadsheet. I will keep you posted!

Timeline
37 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

I’m not sure whether montreal sends IL every month

11 hours ago, monk_yatso said:

I’m not sure whether montreal sends IL every month

Generally it's the last week of the month or first week of the month. So I would expect to see then end of October or start of November. For the last few months it has been every month. So hopefully they maintain current speeds

Timeline
10 hours ago, Froozion said:

Generally it's the last week of the month or first week of the month. So I would expect to see then end of October or start of November. For the last few months it has been every month. So hopefully they maintain current speeds

Did you and  family receive your passports? 😊

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Froozion said:

Yes we collected the passports from canada post location yesterday. And planning to drive over the border on Friday!

That makes me so happy to see people who've been messaging in here for months getting across the finish line.

I'm DQ end of October and hoping to be in the next round or two of ILs.

11 minutes ago, rzchen said:

Are we going to receive a confirmation email from Montreal consulate when the doctor send the medical report to Montreal consulate? Is there a way to check if Montreal consulate received the medical report? Thanks

You get a confirmation when the doctors office has sent the documents. But I don’t believe that there’s a way to confirm that the consulate received them.

In my case, they checked at the interview to make sure everything was there. 

1 hour ago, AndrewsN said:

You get a confirmation when the doctors office has sent the documents. But I don’t believe that there’s a way to confirm that the consulate received them.

In my case, they checked at the interview to make sure everything was there. 

Is the confirmation from Montreal consulate or doctors office? Thanks

2 minutes ago, rzchen said:

Is the confirmation from Montreal consulate or doctors office? Thanks

You get a confirmation when the doctor's office has sent the documents by the doctor's office. There is zero communication coming from the consulate.

Edited by AndrewsN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.